........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 200 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 23.08.2018, 08:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Terrible news about Travis Frederick. From a playing standpoint this season was going to be tough enough as it was, now it'll be even tougher.

If the O Line falters the whole house of cards could come crashing down. Despite an improving D, the ball/clock control offence is key.

I think it's going to take time for Connor Williams to develop the strength of an NFL guard, and therefore he'll suffer his share of rookie 'mistakes', but with Travis at C he had a safety blanket. If Joe Looney is at C it's not quite the same. Looney is a decent C but I'm not sure he's talented enough to do his own job well whilst helping others too.

The O Line was almost complete, now this. Gutted.
Sponsored Links
Old 22.10.2018, 06:22 PM
Hall of Fame

3-4 heading into the Bye week. 3-0 at home. 0-4 on the road. In some ways they are so predictable, in others you don't know what to expect from week to week, hence 3-4.

Looking ahead the run of 6 games that follow the Bye - vs Titans, @ Eagles, @ Falcons, vs Redskins, vs Saints, vs Eagles - will determine how this season ultimately plays out. I'd go a step further and say the Titans game will be pivotal. If they fall to 3-5 with road games in Philly and Atlanta up next it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they don't see .500 again this season. It could be a real test for this coaching staff, are they coaching for their jobs?

Lots of questions to mull over the next 2 weeks too. Will Linehan try to get more creative? Will Garrett stand by Linehan and let him keep calling the plays? Is it even Linehan or Garrett's fault or is it the players? Then there are questions beyond this season too, maybe none more important than the future of #4.
Old 22.10.2018, 09:21 PM
Hall of Fame

So much for discussing anything else during the Bye week! Soooo, Amari Cooper?

It's funny how a trade can change the mood! Admittedly, my first reaction was shock, and then disappointment that we wont have a 1st round pick this year, but i'm coming round to this move now. Cooper and Gallop could POTENTIALLY be a good tandem. (I think we can wave goodbye to Terrance Williams by the way).

Just about everyone with a passing interest in the NFL has commented on the Cowboys lack of a '#1 WR' post-Dez. That's been consigned to the history books after this trade. It'll be interesting to see if Dak starts to force the ball Amari's way when he gets up to speed, just as he did at times with Dez, given the fact he's for all intents and purposes the Cowboys 2019 1st round pick.

The Raiders clearly traded Cooper for a reason. i.e. a lack of production and/or 'value', but it's hard to say the Cowboys aren't a better team now than they were yesterday.

(Talk the Eagles offered a 2nd round pick for Cooper earlier in the week. I cant help but think that played a part in the Cowboys meeting the Raiders asking price in the end.)
Old 23.10.2018, 09:41 PM
Hall of Fame

We've traded for Amari Cooper!

Zack Martin and Geoff Swaim have sprained MCL's.
Old 25.10.2018, 10:42 AM
Starter

At least we have 2 weeks to get him used to the offense. Potentially a good move but only time will tell. Still not sure about giving up a 1st Rounder though.
Old 25.10.2018, 04:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Calvin Ridley, who everyone is comparing Amari Cooper to because of his age (and college), has 27 receptions, 35 targets, 392 yards and 6 TD's, in 7 games so far.

Corey Davis, a 5th overall pick, has 30 receptions, 56 targets, 395 yards and 1 TD in 7 games so far. The Titans offence, which is a run first offence with a mobile QB, might be more comparable to the Cowboys offence than the Falcons.

What would people be happy with from Cooper over 9 games? and would this move be worth it, in terms of what they've given up, if the Cowboys make the play-offs? Obviously if they make the play-offs then their 1st round pick is in the 20's, just like Ridley (26th overall pick).

I think if he gets the number of targets that Corey Davis has, approaching 60, about 500 yards, and somewhere close to 6 TD's like Ridley, then that wont be a bad return.
Old 13.11.2018, 02:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Typical of this team to lose to the Titans at home then go up to Philly and win.

Would it shock anyone if they lost to Atlanta then came home on a short week to beat the Redskins? No. Actually, it's probably more likely they pull off a shock win in Atlanta then lose a must-win game at home to the Redskins, which would basically seal the Cowboys fate.

Regardless of trends though it's one game at a time from here on out. Are they all must win? No, especially if they can get a couple of wins under their belt, but I think that's what the mentality has to be.

You have to wonder if Xavier Su'a-Filo keeps that LG spot against the Falcons too. His run blocking seemed to really help the ground game, and that was his strength coming out of UCLA all those years ago. They can play it safe with Connor Williams (or at least say that as an excuse) and keep him on the sidelines. No doubt he's the future at LG (or RT???) but they should just stick with what's working at the moment imo.
Old 22.11.2018, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Looking forward to tonight's game I think it will be close but we can do it
Beers ready takeaway and Football love it