Divisional Playoff. Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers. - Page 49 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 13.01.2015, 01:01 AM
All Pro

Just another simple mistake. It's a human game, with rules we don't all agree on, and multiple videos still never see us all agree. Part of the game.

Not that I've re-watched or noticed at the time, but did the all-seeing-eyes of the commentating team pick up on it? I don't think they did either.
Old 13.01.2015, 11:34 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo B 1978 View Post
I saw this today also, not good from the officials. Clock management should have been the easiest part to get right.
Although would it have made a difference? For me, no. Cobb would not have thrown the ball away in celebration on the 3-11 completion, therefore the clock would not have stopped and it would of meant just an extra kneel down from Rodgers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
Just another simple mistake. It's a human game, with rules we don't all agree on, and multiple videos still never see us all agree. Part of the game.

Not that I've re-watched or noticed at the time, but did the all-seeing-eyes of the commentating team pick up on it? I don't think they did either.
I agree, just like so many things, no one can say if it would make any difference at all. It just highlights the fact that despite being under the spotlight, the officials can still get the simplest of things wrong. They got so caught up in other things, they forgot about the obvious.

We're all human though, mistakes are made.
Old 13.01.2015, 07:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Jut to stir the pot a little.

Apparently on the Dez catch, Romo snapped the ball around the 4:42 mark. Once the Refs had ruled the catch as incomplete after the review, the Packers got the ball back. So the Pack have the ball, and take the snap with around the 4:05 remaining. So we've lost 35+ secs off the clock. Where did that go? Rodgers kneeled to end the game on 3rd and 13 with 29 secs to go.

So all the conspiracy theorists from last week? The refs took one last chance off us too!
Don't you you the packers would have kicked a field goal? I'm sure they was in range.
Old 13.01.2015, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Looks like Garett is getting a new five year contract, now to see whether they'll use the tag on Dez or they can sort a big money deal
Old 13.01.2015, 09:18 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I agree, just like so many things, no one can say if it would make any difference at all. It just highlights the fact that despite being under the spotlight, the officials can still get the simplest of things wrong. They got so caught up in other things, they forgot about the obvious.

We're all human though, mistakes are made.
i mean look at the way they fell for that Williams dive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljs4 View Post
Don't you you the packers would have kicked a field goal? I'm sure they was in range.
if there would of been time left, it would of still left it a one score game.