Well done and thank you NFLUK & Wembley - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 23.10.2018, 12:28 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrik2002 View Post
I'm with you jediknight49. Here are my additions.

1) Why do I have to sit in a river of beer every game because some drunken person has spilt his beer behind me? (thank goodness for the £5 NFL clear bag policy to keep my programme dry???)

2) Also these are also the so called fans that decide it is ok to get up before a 3rd down snap and want everyone else to stand to let them out of the end of the row. There are enough natural breaks in play to allow people to leave there seats if they want to. I call this called lack of football etiquette.

3) Why has Red section got one entrance on its own side of the stadium and Yellow, Blue & Green have to all go through the other side of the stadium. Why are the central steps blocked off which lead straight up to the Yellow section.

The issue I find is that within the groups lads that go...only 1 or 2 have any interest in the sport and the rest just go because their mates are or they think it's cool. They then get inside, and then realise they haven't a clue what a going on so get bored when they realise theyve got 3 hours to endure not having a clue...they then keep going for beers...the toilet...chatting about anything else....dropping beers...chucking stuff...getting up at inappropriate times.

I see it almost every game.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.10.2018, 01:04 PM
Pro

I like the atmosphere so I have no problem with game related noise otherwise I would save ££££'s a game and watch it on the tv but people talking rubbish with no relevance to the game is a definite NO!
Old 23.10.2018, 01:14 PM
Pro

Your right Thepuma.

I see it every game too. I actually heard the bloke behind me on Sunday making fun of the length of the game and the time it takes to play when his mate told him how long he would be sat there for before explaining the basic rules of the game.

The NFL used to have a little rule book they handed out for Newbies perhaps they should do a book of football etiquette and hand that out or better still do a little cartoon like they do with all their other bits they try to inform us with.
Old 23.10.2018, 01:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Disgraceful. I hope the parents sue for the failure to provide earmuffs.
LOL.

There was so much wrong with his post..

He bemoans a lack of awareness and etiquette and then shows a complete lack of awareness of etiquette that goes with watching a game of American football.

We want the crowd cheering like that - more of it - we want white carboard Ds and little cardboard picket fences - not that security would let them in. I couldn't take chewing gum in. ha.

But Seriously... EVERYONE when you team in on defense and its third down... please shout and scream...

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...........

FENCEEEEEEEEEEEE.................................. ........
Old 23.10.2018, 02:06 PM
Pro

So true

I had to argue with a steward on security for my 2 packs of wine gums in my clear NFL bag this week.

Though I did see a couple of blokes with white D-Fence signs inside the stadium.
Old 23.10.2018, 03:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrik2002 View Post

2) Also these are also the so called fans that decide it is ok to get up before a 3rd down snap and want everyone else to stand to let them out of the end of the row. There are enough natural breaks in play to allow people to leave there seats if they want to. I call this called lack of football etiquette.
Couldn't agree more, literally no need for it. Even those who don't understand the game can see when things are happening or not. Should put little signs up saying please do not leave your seat during plays or something, like they do at cricket games.
Old 23.10.2018, 09:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight49 View Post
Final comment. Why is it all the overseas fans around where we sit, whether it be German,
Scandinavian, Spanish ect can all get a full wifi signal, can stream videos from the NFL during the game, go on sports betting sites, facebook ect and yet the whole group I am with cannot get a single blip or send a text message due to lack of service? Brexit?
I can answer this for you. It's nothing to do with being German or Swedish, it's about what mobile network their phone is on. For them, I guess they are on roaming. For UK fans, if your phone is on EE (or a company that uses EE) you will get quality reception in Wembley. If your phone is on Vodafone, you will get reception that works reliably. If you are on O2 or 3, forget it. You'll be lucky to get a text in or out or load the front page of a basic website.

I know this from personal experience. A few years ago I was on O2 and I got nothing at Wembley. I've gone a lot to Wembley in the last year for Spurs games, and I was on 3 - absolutely rubbish. I switched my network a few months ago to Virgin Mobile, which uses EE network. And now in Wembley I get network service so good I could stream NFL gamepass on my phone on 4g. I missed the Chargers touchdown right after halftime due to food queues and so loaded up the app and watched it back on my phone.

I assume it is because Wembley stadium is sponsored by EE and EE has put up super powerful masts around the stadium.
Old 23.10.2018, 09:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Can’t.
Tell.
If.
You.
Are.
Joking.

Defenseeeeeeee - loud on every third down is what you want.

It’s like saying...

“Went to the Arsenal the other day. These chaps kept cheering when the ball went in goal. I know it’s ok but there were young children and it was loud.”
This is nonsense - it definitely wouldn't be loud at Arsenal
Old 23.10.2018, 09:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
The issue I find is that within the groups lads that go...only 1 or 2 have any interest in the sport and the rest just go because their mates are or they think it's cool. They then get inside, and then realise they haven't a clue what a going on so get bored when they realise theyve got 3 hours to endure not having a clue...they then keep going for beers...the toilet...chatting about anything else....dropping beers...chucking stuff...getting up at inappropriate times.

I see it almost every game.
Agree that is definitely one 'sort' you get. Had exactly these types next to me on Sunday. Clearly didn't know what was going on that much, were drinking a lot, making annoying noise (I don't mean on 3rd down, I mean stupid imitating of American whooping and cheering). They missed 20 minutes of game time from half time to 10 mins left in the 4th quarter getting food and drinks. Then came back for a bit and left before the end.

Pretty much every NFL fan in the stadium is wearing something NFL-merch related. A jersey, a hat, a t-shirt. These guys had none of those things. Fortunately they didn't spill any beer and their way in and out was not passed me. In fact we were the absolute middle of the block this time so nobody had to get passed me and I only get past them once at halftime and once at the 2 minute warning.

Have to say though, knowing the rules properly here (when so many don't) can really help you queue jump. I nipped out to the toilet as the clock was ticking down to 2 minutes in the 4th and the game clock wasn't going to beat it, legged it down the steps, did my thing, legged it back up and did not miss a single snap!
Old 23.10.2018, 10:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Have to say though, knowing the rules properly here (when so many don't) can really help you queue jump. I nipped out to the toilet as the clock was ticking down to 2 minutes in the 4th and the game clock wasn't going to beat it, legged it down the steps, did my thing, legged it back up and did not miss a single snap!
Ha, did exactly the same thing Normally id just wait to the end of the game but with the game potentially going to OT, i took the timely opportunity.