Old 20.11.2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Week 12. Bears @ Lions.

Game thread.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 21.11.2018, 06:37 PM
MVP

very good chance its Chase Daniels at QB for the Bears with Trubisky "doubtful" with a shoulder injury,changes a lot.

back up QB's on the road in the 2 early thanksgiving games,does not look good for close games then.
Old 21.11.2018, 07:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
very good chance its Chase Daniels at QB for the Bears with Trubisky "doubtful" with a shoulder injury,changes a lot.

back up QB's on the road in the 2 early thanksgiving games,does not look good for close games then.
Not sure I agree with that. The Bears might miss Trubisky's mobility perhaps, but he hasn't exactly been Mahomes when it comes to passing. They are facing an inconsistent Lions team too, who aren't exactly known for their pass rush either. We all know about the Bears D too. (same applies to the Cowboys/Redskins too,. Compotent back up replacing an average starter, on a team with an above average D).
Old 21.11.2018, 07:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Not sure I agree with that. The Bears might miss Trubisky's mobility perhaps, but he hasn't exactly been Mahomes when it comes to passing. They are facing an inconsistent Lions team too, who aren't exactly known for their pass rush either. We all know about the Bears D too. (same applies to the Cowboys/Redskins too,. Compotent back up replacing an average starter, on a team with an above average D).
2 teams on the road with short weeks and almost no real practice trying to get back up QB's ready for primetime.

chase Daniels has been mainly holding a clip board on sundays for the last 4 seasons.
Old 21.11.2018, 08:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
2 teams on the road with short weeks and almost no real practice trying to get back up QB's ready for primetime.

chase Daniels has been mainly holding a clip board on sundays for the last 4 seasons.
Maybe i'm just scarred from the last time Colt McCoy had to step in as the Redskins starter. He started 4 games for the Redskins in 2014, when he beat the Cowboys, and had a 96.4 passer rating (thanks Wikipedia). His stats were pretty good. Less starting time for Daniels, but he didn't do too badly, and his current HC was his QB Coach the last time he started a game.

I see your point about the short week, less so Primetime, but they are valid concerns. Maybe it's more to do with the guys they are replacing. Trubisky and Smith aren't world beaters. I think the Bears, regardless of the short week, would have been favourites with Trubisky. So without him I see a close game. The Bears have a creative offence which might mitigate some of Daniels 'failings'.
Old 22.11.2018, 01:28 PM
All Pro

Nagy knows Daniels very well. Bears will definitely miss the qb runs but Daniels may actually operate the offense better. He needs to avoid being the reason for a loss and let the D do what it has consistently done.
Old 22.11.2018, 04:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Surprised this isn't on SkySports Mix.
Old 22.11.2018, 04:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Don’t think this will be anywhere near as one sided as the first meeting between these two. With Chase Daniel getting the start at QB, I expect Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen to see heavy workloads. The Lions will need to do a far better job of protecting Matthew Stafford than they did at Soldier Field, but they will struggle to put points on the board with Kerryon Johnson and Marvin Jones out injured.

Think this will be a tight one, with the Bears just doing enough to edge it.

Lions 20 Bears 23
Old 22.11.2018, 05:31 PM
Hall of Fame

I've benched Allen Robinson...... So he's bound to have a big day!
Old 22.11.2018, 05:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Wonder if this trend will continue.......