NFL Gamepass discussion. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 06.03.2009, 11:01 PM
All Pro

Default Game Pass

I haven't got sky as I have bt vision well at least at the moment...

Just wondered just how good game pass is as I'm thinking of getting it next season or something similar?

How will I know if it works on my pc can I test it first?
Old 07.03.2009, 09:32 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Warrior View Post
I haven't got sky as I have bt vision well at least at the moment...

Just wondered just how good game pass is as I'm thinking of getting it next season or something similar?

How will I know if it works on my pc can I test it first?
Ye you can do a PC test on the website
Old 07.03.2009, 12:10 PM
All Pro

thanks for that I'll take a look....

Has anyone used this service before what was the quality like, was it quite expensive?
Old 07.03.2009, 12:20 PM
All Pro

I watched every Titans game that wasn't televised last year on Game Pass. My ISP is Virgin (non-cable broadband) and it just about coped, but on Sunday evenings it wasn't able to provide enough bandwidth for the HD option. Typically I was receiving around 400K, although it did vary quite a bit. The quality wasn't brilliant, but was watchable and generally quite reliable. The cost also varied as the season went on as the pound slid against the dollar - $19.99 for weekly pass.
Old 07.03.2009, 07:01 PM
All Pro

It's well worth the money, in my opinion. The quality is good, and you can watch any game you like. It's the ultimate must-have thing for the hardcore NFL fan.
Old 07.03.2009, 10:37 PM
All Pro

thanks.... I must get it, I have gone on the NFL.com site and looked at theres they will send details nearer the time as for yahoo didn't have much joy finding out about their site....guess maybe its a little too early yet
Old 22.05.2009, 11:21 PM
Rookie

I'm also in the same boat - looked at sky and it's too expensive to justify, if it does look like theres going to be no live (or as live - i don't care as i record them anyway) on terrestrial i might do the season pass if i can scrape together the cash.

I think i'd have to change my broadband package too as i'm limited to 10gig a month at the moment and i reckon streaming at 1000kbps would make a game about 1.3gig (3hour)

I thinks it' criminal they don't do NFL rewind in the UK as that's only $20 for the season!!!
Old 04.08.2009, 12:53 AM
Team Captain

Default Game pass-NO preseason or Post Season

Hi Folks

Ok I've just spoken to GAMEPASS again and they have said once and for alll that no preseason game will be available even on the NFL NETWORK. The games on NFL NETWORK are for the television version only. So that settles it.

Lets hope sky gives us something. My dad is subscribing to sky sports for the ASHES so lets hope that we get something before he cancels sky sports and which point it will only be a week or so.

Here is the lastest transcript

You are now chatting with NFL Game Pass

NFL Game Pass: Hello, this is Sobora. How can I help you?
James: Helli
James: Hello
James: I am very confussed I come earlier asking if the preseason games would be available on gamepass and was initally told yes
James: then I got an email say not it wont
NFL Game Pass: Preseason games will not be available. Only regular season games will be available.
James: but someone pointed out to me that NFL NETWORK is supposed to available 24/7 and the NFL NETWORK is showing preseason games
NFL Game Pass: Yes, that's the television package though. Online NFL package will only show regular games.
NFL Game Pass: Anything else I can assist you with?
James: you really should make the website clear
NFL Game Pass: I will forward your concern to the appropriate department.
James: thanks
NFL Game Pass: You're welcome. Anything else I can assist you with?
James: not today thanks
NFL Game Pass: Thank you for contacting us. Have a great evening.

Hank any news on Sky broadcasting NFL yet?
I really want to see the HALL OF FAME GAME

Last edited by jeltheeaglefan; 04.08.2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04.08.2009, 06:48 AM
Hall of Fame

I would urge people to hold off on this until we hear from Hank. As far as I can tell, people have just stumbled onto the Game Pass site and discovered a payment screen, but with no announcement on here or NFL.com, and coupled with the uncertainty of the various transcripts posted by Jel, I'd be cautious to jump in too soon.

From the transcripts posted, it seems these online assistants don't really know the full extent of what is happening and it's often the case that they are just speculating and don't really know. In fact one of them implied he didn't even know the site was live, he thought it wasn't ready. I think it's prudent to wait a bit longer until we hear from Hank, who hopefully will be able to supply us with the full package details.

These customer service agents can't be relied on for accurate news (as proved by the conflicting reports Jel has supplied), so I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt.

Just my two cents though.
Old 04.08.2009, 07:49 AM
All Pro

Just a point; most preseason games start after 8pm eastern time, which means most games will be view late in the night for UK fans; so it not that big of a deal if we don't get to see preseason game as they are being shown at very late hours.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super