Cowboys Schedule 2011/12? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 07.01.2011, 02:30 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E7_Cowboy View Post
Me too But hopefully go to one of the games in the Meadowlands or away to the Eagles or Redskins.
yea I'm pretty much gonna go for the away games, i think Giants and then redskins are my two that I'm gonna try getting tickets for.

i want to go to Dallas one day but apparently its impossible to get to the stadium without renting a car
Old 07.01.2011, 07:05 PM
Team Captain

i reckon we'll do a 14-2 and win the superbowl. all great teams recover well from a poor one.
Old 07.01.2011, 10:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggiNugget View Post
yea I'm pretty much gonna go for the away games, i think Giants and then redskins are my two that I'm gonna try getting tickets for.

i want to go to Dallas one day but apparently its impossible to get to the stadium without renting a car
There must be buses or taxis that will drop you near the stadium?
Old 08.01.2011, 04:16 PM
Starter

thats what i thought but from what people have said and google it doesn't seem to be possible and apparently taxis wont take you there on game days.

tbh tho if i do go to a dallas game i'll figure something out, even if it does mean hiring a car for a day, stadium is supposed to be awesome.
Old 08.01.2011, 10:51 PM
Pro Bowler

I been to Cowboys home games the last 2 years, managed without a car. Hotel was across the road, the area has plenty of food places with in walking distance and they have footpaths with crossings as well. Getting from the airport I used Supershuttle. There are other hotels within walking distance as well maybe a 20 minute walk away.
If you don't stay in Arlington I am sure Taxis will drop of, if not at the stadium which I can't see why not if you arrive 3-4 hours early before the bulk of traffic. I do know that next to the Days Inn hotel there were taxis parked up waiting to pick up. There were also people waiting for buses which I am sure are the ones that run from Fort Worth.
Although Arlington has no public transport unlike Irving, Cowboys Stadium is a lot better for a non driver than Texas Stadium was.
Old 09.01.2011, 10:05 AM
Starter

brilliant, thanks Hallstar

depending how the schedule plans out i may try and go to 2 games then, that is providing there going ahead and i have a job since my contract ends in sept, i'm gonna go on the assumption i will.
Old 09.01.2011, 05:12 PM
Pro

Big thanks Hallster, i looked at booking with thomas cook travel and can stay at the days inn hotel in December 2011 for 3 nights (Friday - Sunday) and depart monday morning for under £600 inc flights. Can anyone else recommend a cheaper way of getting there (flight & hotel combo?).

Gatwick to DFW with changes at Charlotte flying with US airways. BA want over £800 for just flights flying direct to DFW from Heathrow. Dont mind extra time in in the air to save a few quid.

I've never been before so staying in Arlington will do for me as i just want to go to the stadium for a game. Will prob be going on my own so just have to take my laptop with me to keep me busy the friday & saturday.

Started saving already so when fixtures come out in April i'll be able to book straight away. Just hope we're home over the weekend before xmas or xmas weekend or new year weekend so i dont have to book to many days off work.

Go Cowboys!!!

p.s. Where and how would i be able to get a ticket for a game? Anyone got a contact email so i can check it out? Should be ok to get a ticket for most home games im thinking as i would only need the one ticket.

Last edited by Welsh Nige; 09.01.2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09.01.2011, 07:55 PM
Pro Bowler

If your staying at the Days Inn that is right across the street then make sure you book the one on North Collins street (its full name is D/I six flags / ballpark / Cowboys stadium) as there is another Days Inn Arlington. Something to remember about that hotel is that the prices do go up the night before and night of an event been held in the stadium so the prices listed now for the dates might go up once the schedule is released. Don't expect to much for the price, its ok but your mainly paying for the location to the stadium.

Can't give any tips about flights other than shop around the usual suspects expedia / ebookers etc as well the airlines them selves. Normally I would say if you wanted to guarantee an home game then Thanksgiving week would be a good week, at least 1 home game and the Cowboys do get to play at home the week before at lot as well. I believe there will be games by then but I wouldn't be booking just yet.

For tickets the NFL ticket exchange is a good place, there are links on NFL.com. Its a place where people sell there spare tickets so there more than face value, but the good thing is all you do is print it out and take it to the game. I used to have an e-mail address of someone in the ticket office who could supply me with a ticket at face value until last year when he said he couldn't now but ticketexchange now allows overseas customers to buy.

However long you go for don't forget to have a day to do the tour, the self guided tour is good to be able to walk freely around the areas on the tour and also to stand on the field or sit on the bench and look at the big board. There is also a guided tour with does upstairs areas like suites and press box.
Careful if the tour guide jokes about there been a minimum spend in the pro shop where the tour ends like he did when I did it 2 years ago. I think he was joking but I didn't want to take a chance The problem with the pro shop is it is easy to get carried away.
Old 14.01.2011, 02:31 PM
Team Captain

What would our schedule have been if we hadn't won the game vs the Eagles in that last few seconds?

Presumably, as well as costing us 4 places in the draft, it has also made our schedule harder.
Old 16.01.2011, 09:52 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritt 23 View Post
What would our schedule have been if we hadn't won the game vs the Eagles in that last few seconds?

Presumably, as well as costing us 4 places in the draft, it has also made our schedule harder.
With us finishing 3rd in NFC East we paired up with Lions (H) & Buccs (A).

If we had been 4th, we would of had Vikings (H) & Panthers (A).

It could of been worse. Both look alot easier than playing Packers/Bears home or Falcons/Saints away.