Who Should Be The Bills QB In 2015? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

View Poll Results: Who Should Be The Bills QB In 2015?
Orton 2 18.18%
Manuel 2 18.18%
Cutler 2 18.18%
Griffin III 2 18.18%
Newton 0 0%
Bradford 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18.12.2014, 04:32 PM
Pro

Default Who Should Be The Bills QB In 2015?

I've got a soft spot for the Bills so I've been following with interest the various rumours of who might be the QB in 2015.

I've seen Cutler, Griffin III, Newton and Bradford all mentioned as possible trade deals.

Of course there's always Manuel and Orton.

Given the possibles (dream a little!), who would you like to see at the Bills in 2015?
Old 18.12.2014, 05:32 PM
Hall of Fame

I have a soft spot for the Bills too, so i'll play along.

Given they traded their 2015 1st round pick to the Browns, it's safe to say there won't be any blockbuster trades in the offing for the Bills.

If they lack confidence in Manual, which they clearly do, then I'd expect it's Orton's job next year too.

Orton is a average 'game manager'. The Bills have a good D, so he'll get you so far, but still he isn't the future.
Not a huge fan of Manual tbh.
Cutler is too expensive, and inconsistent.
RGIII and Bradford are injuries waiting to happen.
Newton?! I don't see how that happens.

If the Rams released Bradford I'd take a look at him above all the others on that list.
Old 18.12.2014, 08:06 PM
All Pro

I'd probably stick with Orton really and try and get my hands on an understudy or two. Failing that how about some other names that might appear if their respective team's GMs lose their marbles?

- maybe a cut price Hoyer who is being underrated due to horrible performances since his centre dropped out? Probably only comparable to Orton, but three years younger.

- or Nick Foles if he's deemed to not "fit the system"?
Old 19.12.2014, 11:14 PM
All Pro

Nice to see a bit of love for the Bills.

Firstly I would say our problem is as much our O line as it is QB, we're struggling to give anyone time.

So I assume that our 2nd round pick will go O line, so I dont expect a draft QB to be the answer, unless we find a gem in the later rounds.

I also assume that cap space priority will be our D. We can probably afford to keep it in tact for a few years if we let a couple of players like Spiller go. Meaning we can pay Dareus.

Of the options suggested :
Cutler : Simply too expensive, and I dont see him becoming cheap enough. He has no obvious successor in Chicago so I think he will sit and wait before accepting a pay cut.

Newton : Dont see it as realistic, I think Carolina would throw everyone including the kitchen sink at him to keep him

RGIII : Doesnt fit our system, with Watkins,Hogan,Woods we have a fairly traditional QB position. The WRs are the playmakers. Nor do I think his personality will suit Buffalo

Bradford : Whilst he is a crock, I could see him coming in. I think he would replace Manual, and be a starter, whilst keeping Orton as a super backup.

Manual : I think it is still believed in in Buffalo, he was just drafted too early, and played too soon. I think there is a good player there, he just needs to start again, probably not in Buffalo

Orton : Is an average game manager at best, he doesnt make too many horrendous errors, but he doesnt push the play enough, but I dont think he would be gone without a proper option

Hoyer : Realistic, suits the system. Doesnt give a huge leap on Orton, but is an improvement I reckon. Would give you the option of drafting a late round project.

Foles : The one I want, whether he is realistic I'm not sure. I hope the Eagles are stupid enough to let him go, he is a very good QB for me, and definitely good enough to win a super bowl with, he just doesnt fit the crazy Eagles system, and with respect, doesnt have the WRs he would have in Buffalo. I think if Philadelphia are willing to consider a trade, we should go for it.

Soooooooooo....
I want : Foles, with Orton backup
I expect : Orton competing with Hoyer
I dont want : RGIII

And we need the OC to get the boot to make it all work, otherwise I fear we will never get the best from any of them

Last edited by BuffaloG; 19.12.2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 22.12.2014, 03:37 PM
All Pro

Foles in Buffalo would be badass but considering Sanchez's run has hardly deemed him a natural starter I can't see it. Bradford would be a good option but he is a crock. Unless they trade up for someone in the draft (which is unlikely) I think they'll be stuck with Orton, maybe Hoyer but I don't see that as much of an upgrade and Hoyer will want to be paid.
Old 23.12.2014, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post

Orton : Is an average game manager at best, he doesnt make too many horrendous errors, but he doesnt push the play enough, but I dont think he would be gone without a proper option

Foles : The one I want, whether he is realistic I'm not sure. I hope the Eagles are stupid enough to let him go, he is a very good QB for me, and definitely good enough to win a super bowl with, he just doesnt fit the crazy Eagles system, and with respect, doesnt have the WRs he would have in Buffalo. I think if Philadelphia are willing to consider a trade, we should go for it.
These two ^

I can't (don't want to) see Orton as starter next year but I'm afraid that's what we might end up with.

I'd love to see Foles but I'm not sure what we can offer them that would get this deal done.

I want to believe in RG3, I really do, but I think he's probably a bust.
Old 23.12.2014, 08:33 PM
MVP

I think it might be the same two and they just work out who starts through training camp. I think Cutler and RG3 are a bad idea for sure. I can't see the Bills trading away picks this year being already down a 1st, and if there are big free agents I don't see Buffalo being their first choice with perhaps the exception of Hoyer. It is one of those things that parity can't solve - players given a free choice and equal money will usually opt for sunny Florida or California than snowy western New York.
Old 24.12.2014, 07:22 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb View Post
Foles in Buffalo would be badass but considering Sanchez's run has hardly deemed him a natural starter I can't see it. Bradford would be a good option but he is a crock. Unless they trade up for someone in the draft (which is unlikely) I think they'll be stuck with Orton, maybe Hoyer but I don't see that as much of an upgrade and Hoyer will want to be paid.
It depends how much Kelly doesnt rate Foles. And I really dont think he does. And he doesnt suit that offense at all.

But it depends what options Kelly can find as replacement, as Sanchez aint it. And I'm not sure we have the trade firepower without our first to get Foles anyway
Old 24.12.2014, 07:26 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I don't see Buffalo being their first choice with perhaps the exception of Hoyer. It is one of those things that parity can't solve - players given a free choice and equal money will usually opt for sunny Florida or California than snowy western New York.
I know what you mean, and think the majority of the time its absolutely correct. I think also though for a section of players there is a big benefit and interest to go to a small market low publicity team like Buffalo, especially those players who have struggled as you arent constantly in the media glare.

Ironically I think for RGIII Buffalo would be perfect on that basis. I just hope he doesnt realise it.
Old 26.12.2014, 08:54 PM
Rookie

I wouldn't mind Cutler but I can see us going after Sanchez, both an upgrade on Orton. Either will fail unless we go after a guard and a lineman in FA and the same again at some point in the draft. The O line needs major work for both the passing & running game. With our D the next couple of years is our chance for a SB.