NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 101 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 22.08.2009, 07:15 AM
Rookie

Default not bandwidth

I don't believe the issue is with bandwidth as I am getting a minimum of 2.7Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload speed with test from UAE to Seattle San Francisco and New York. I am running Norton Antivirus but I have shut that completely off and no help. Still looking for help if anyone has any....
-----------------------------------------------
Scenario in either IE or Firefox:

1. Attempt to login from http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflpg/console.jsp or https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/loginform

2. After clicking SIGN IN button , the https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/myaccount screen appears

3. click LAUNCH GAME PASS HD button

4. Loops back to a sign in page.

System Information:

Microsoft XP Pro SP2
Dual core 2 GHz Intel processor
2 GB RAM
Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.11
FireFox 3.0.13
Old 22.08.2009, 08:12 AM
All Pro

Ok guys this is a long shot.And I doubt its something this simple but I used to have trouble logging in on forums if I did not click the remember me box.

Clear all your cookies off your hard drive I use CCleaner.

Login and tick remember me underneath your login ID details.

If you already click remember me, then I am blowing in the wind.
Old 22.08.2009, 08:44 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
Ok guys this is a long shot.And I doubt its something this simple but I used to have trouble logging in on forums if I did not click the remember me box.

Clear all your cookies off your hard drive I use CCleaner.

Login and tick remember me underneath your login ID details.

If you already click remember me, then I am blowing in the wind.
No thats a fair ask Raven, I assumed they would have tried this at the beginning as its usually one of the first things GamePass would say too, clear cache and cookies.

The clock synchronization was something I read about with people using the iTunes apple software and then getting a session timeout very quickly when trying to buy on the shopping cart. It turned out to be as simple as an internet clock not being in sync with the internal cpu clock. Sorry it failed.
Old 22.08.2009, 08:48 AM
MVP

Lets get this narrowed down though.

1. Your software player is fine as the demo works and streams look good.

2. The issue with any site logging you out or session timeout is purely down to session cookies and this only.

3. If you login and start watching then the session cookie must have been received to your computer, however something is happening here.

ColtsFanUAE - I think I might have called you mate and fella so my bad.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 22.08.2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:18 AM
MVP

Try this guys and girls!

Open IE8 browser.

Click on>>>>Tools> Internet Options> Privacy(Tab)

In Privacy click on Advanced> tick box override automatic cookie handling.

The greyed out options now available and tick the box, Always allow session cookies.

If it still hasn't fixed it combine this change with lowering your firewall pirvacy settings to also allow all cookies. I would do this anyway at the start but you could try it in any order.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 22.08.2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:36 AM
Pro

Did this and I am also checking Remember me because it is the easiest as I have to try logging in so many times before I can get thru. Was able to login in Mozilla Firefox easily today when I opened my PC which is quite a victory already in this mess. Hehe. The video played really well for 5 minutes. as usual the resolution was crisp running at 800 mbps and the audio was great, but still the session timed out thing keeps popping up. No luck with the other browsers though.I cant even login using IE8 and Google Chrome. Gets the looping secure login form. So far, from what we have done my remining problem using the mozilla browser is the session timed out. Yup. I am clearing the cache because it helps with the login thing. I doubt if it's the internet connection because the resolution is great when I get to get in. But I am also quite baffled that I wont ignore anything. Matt, from which country are you logging in?
Hmm. Please keep on sending me ideas. Matt Bradley, try Mozilla 3.0.1 so far it is where I had the most success logging in but then the session time out thing is still there.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:42 AM
MVP

ColtsFan, You've already tried what I said, even with firewall set to accept all? Do you always shut the browser down and reload it afte doing the changes too?

If you are having most success with Mozilla, I do have Firefox installed myself, I think there might be a cookie manager plugin you can get for free, give me a sec.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:56 AM
MVP

Ok in Mozilla.

Click > Tools>Options>Privacy(tab).

Its says History:- Firefox will: and then a drop down menu bar, click select use custom settings for history.

I presume all your boxes are ticked here.

On the next drop down bar keep until: select I close firefox.

Try this if it not work, repeat all the steps and then select :ask every time , instead of I close firefox at the last step.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:56 AM
Pro

Yeey! i wll wait for that and try if it works. Since Mozilla is currently giving me about 2 miniutes this time instead of a few seconds like last time, I tried to see whether I can watch 2008 archived games to check whether there will be a different result. Still got session timed out after 2 minutes even though I am watching archived games. I dont know whether that will help in what we are diagnosing but I decided to just give you any info I discover.
Old 22.08.2009, 09:58 AM
All Pro

You can update to Firefox 3.5.2 now as everything is working ok with gamepass and is more secure obviously. [Accept some of the archive NFL Network shows,but that is a problem at their end and not with browsers or the player].That's once you get your problem sorted.

I forgot to say my session timed out at 5 hours of watching the 2 preseason games on yesterday.But I logged in no problem. I haven't really have to set up or change anything
with the default settings of firefox,so I don't know why ColtsfanUAE has to go through all this.

But there again it only takes one conflict to cause hell on earth for a pc.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super