Official NFLUK 7 Round Mock Draft 2017 - Discussion Thread - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 13.03.2017, 12:37 AM
All Pro

I thought Colts might've been going corner personally...

I love Thomas - personally I see a little bit of khalil mack in him...
Old 13.03.2017, 12:53 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
I thought Colts might've been going corner personally...

I love Thomas - personally I see a little bit of khalil mack in him...
Lattimore was under serious consideration, but I like the depth of corner in this class more than pass rush - even though it is without doubt a very good class for pass rush as well.

And yes, thank you, so do I!!! I may have been swung a little bit by a graphic on twitter comparing his numbers at the combine, to Mack Different players, have been asked to do different roles, but the athletic comparison is definitely there.
Old 13.03.2017, 01:51 AM
Team Captain

Damnnnnnnnn

Thomas is the guy I was hoping would fall to Panthers at 8 - and I really really hope he does in the draft too. I'm well a truly on board the Thomas hype train, first class ticket all the way!
Old 13.03.2017, 03:03 AM
All Pro

Interesting first two picks.

I'm going to be asleep for most of today due to long working hours, I'll be up for the afternoon and ready to make my pick on time.
Old 13.03.2017, 05:53 AM
MVP

Come on Sean, get up, the suspense is killing me....
Old 13.03.2017, 06:36 AM
All Pro

I like Thomas, but in this instance with the Colts roster having so many needs, I would have kept the picks, there is some edge rusher depth in this draft. I like it for the 49ers, so many needs you'll still fill at 15 and with those picks
Old 13.03.2017, 07:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Have to see how it plays out for the 9ers but I really like that move for the Colts. Still hold their 2nd & 3rd round picks and got a late round pick in return too. Should still come away with at least 5 players from this draft, including Thomas.
Old 13.03.2017, 08:50 AM
All Pro

It's hard to argue with the Garrett pick, best player in this draft.

Thomas is a pick I am a bit unsure of. The bowl game certainly moved him quite a few places up the board. I do love his athleticism, and his quickness off the snap, you can see the potential for an elite pass rusher.

Yes he has "versatility", but I am not sure the position he suits best, or if there even is one. Id be wary of playing him at 5 tech, he would need to get bigger (possible), and longer (not possible). He would have to play 3 tech for me, so I am not sure on the fit.

His play was a bit inconsistent for my liking, if he didn't win off the snap the play was over. His hand use is erratic, and he is a bit out of control off the snap at times, off balance.

Has the potential if he can clean up his technical flaw. Still young, but can't say Id have moved up for him.
Old 13.03.2017, 09:16 AM
Pro Bowler

So, an understandably unanimous thumbs up for the Browns, and wonderfully mixed reviews for mine. This is my first mock draft, and really my first proper off season following the draft closely, so I maybe prone to rookie mistakes such as having a draft crush on Thomas from the start of researching I do think if the Colts got him, it would be a game changer on defense. A bigger game changer to what would be left at #15 I think.
Old 13.03.2017, 09:19 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latic View Post
The Colts have selected Solomon Thomas, and the Chicago Bears have been informed that they are now on the clock!
Just up and about. Things don't officially start until mid-day today right? I have until 6.00pm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Come on Sean, get up, the suspense is killing me....
Great spot for the Bears IMO. Never realistically going to get Garrett and now have the pick of the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
It's hard to argue with the Garrett pick, best player in this draft.

Thomas is a pick I am a bit unsure of. The bowl game certainly moved him quite a few places up the board. I do love his athleticism, and his quickness off the snap, you can see the potential for an elite pass rusher.

Yes he has "versatility", but I am not sure the position he suits best, or if there even is one. Id be wary of playing him at 5 tech, he would need to get bigger (possible), and longer (not possible). He would have to play 3 tech for me, so I am not sure on the fit.

His play was a bit inconsistent for my liking, if he didn't win off the snap the play was over. His hand use is erratic, and he is a bit out of control off the snap at times, off balance.

Has the potential if he can clean up his technical flaw. Still young, but can't say Id have moved up for him.
Too high for me although I have no issue with the trade. It all comes down to how you evaluate each player. Could Indy have waited and picked him later without giving up as much? IMO probably.

Right.

I'm fairly sure I have ages on this pick and will trade it. Anyone wanting either of the 2 players at the very top of my board better make their move. PM's please.