Official NFLUK 7 Round Mock Draft 2017 - Discussion Thread - Page 51 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 17.03.2017, 05:22 PM
Pro Bowler

I've sent a PM now too so should have it one way or another.
Old 17.03.2017, 05:23 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post

Not the pick I was going to make, and not really a position of dire need, but he was top of my board so I pulled the trigger. Am now looking to trade up to the early second if anyone is thinking of shopping their pick.
Middle of the round rather than early, but I'll most likely be looking to trade back from #46 for a pick or two.
Old 17.03.2017, 05:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latic View Post
Middle of the round rather than early, but I'll most likely be looking to trade back from #46 for a pick or two.
Will consider closer to the time but if my man is still there I may be interested.
Old 17.03.2017, 05:28 PM
All Pro

As much as I think Jon Ross is gonna be very good, there's a player I want who I am very happy GB didn't go for (who I definitely thought they would!)

Ross and Davis before Williams? Interesting....
Old 17.03.2017, 05:32 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
As much as I think Jon Ross is gonna be very good, there's a player I want who I am very happy GB didn't go for (who I definitely thought they would!)

I love Williams, I'm a Tigers fan, but think Ross just offers that something special. It was close between the two. Hope you don't take the guy I want to trade for in 2nd round.
Old 17.03.2017, 05:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post

Williams is a different beast to Ross - so when you are picking between the two, it's just a case of which flavour.

I would say with Ross that the medical is a question. Microfracture surgery doesn't have the reputation of being a long-term fix. Chris Wood who is a fast bowler for Hampshire had that surgery and now can't cope with 4 day cricket. Stephen Bowen only lasted 2 years after microfracture surgery before his knee died on him (although he was older). Obviously Ross is not having a problem now - you don't run 4.2 with a bad knee - but in 3-4 years I don't know... Durability all-around is more of a concern - but then Williams had the major neck injury, so don't know if he's clean either...

But, yeah, it's fascinating that Mike Williams is still on the board - clearly there's not a love for him!
Old 17.03.2017, 05:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
I love Williams, I'm a Tigers fan, but think Ross just offers that something special. It was close between the two. Hope you don't take the guy I want to trade for in 2nd round.
Well I won't take him if you trade with me...

I have some similar concerns to DueSouth in regards to Ross's medical condition - to me he seems a little brittle, and running that 4.22 and pulling his hamstring didn't do anything to assure me...

Williams is my #WR1 - so I am shocked he is still on the board!
Old 17.03.2017, 05:56 PM
All Pro

I'm glad you're all shocked! Steelers are never afraid to take a sliding playmaker!

After AB our receiving depth chart isn't great. Bryant probably won't be re-signed after this year (even if he keeps his nose clean), Coates has struggled and DHB & Hunter are both expendable.
Also last 2 postseason games Ben only threw 1 td and we struggled in the red zone so we desperately need help on the O.

Falcons are on the clock (pm'd)
Old 17.03.2017, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Thought the Steelers might do that! With Martavis Bryant's future in doubt, and a generally so-so WR corps other than Antonio Brown, Williams would be heavily involved in their Offense from day one...
Old 17.03.2017, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Just another subtle reminder that I'm open to trading down in the second round, as far as #49...