Sideline tickets...no longer sideline - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 23.10.2018, 01:13 PM
Rookie

Default Sideline front row tickets...no longer front row

My friends and I have had sideline tickets for the years now, been season ticket holders since they first came out.

We’ve spent a lot of time and had a lot of fun getting costumes made, making signs to have fun with the cheerleaders, photographers, film crews etc. at every game...until this year.

It has always been that the sideline seats started at row 11 because rows 1-10 were too low and had obstructed views. But this year they have released rows 9 and 10 for ticket sales and that has put a real downer on our enjoyment of the game.

It would have been nice to have been told that our unhindered view was now being hindered and given the option to move down from row 11 to row 9, however we never found out until we got there.

To move seats, we now have the lottery of moving season tickets next year or risk losing what were great seats.

I know this is first world problems, but what was everyone’s experience moving season ticket seats in previous years...do you get to actually choose seats, or are you in a lottery of being assigned the next best available?

Last edited by davestubbs; 23.10.2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 23.10.2018, 03:06 PM
Rookie

I bought a pair of season tickets up in the gods the year that the Chiefs came over (as didn't want to miss that game for the wife), the following year, three of my friends wanted to join us.

Obviously we couldn't just add three seats next to us, so the way it was done then was, the first wave of renewing allowed season ticket holders wishing to keep their existing seats. Then a second wave for those that wished to move (or add) seats.

This kept us ahead of the general sale of season tickets, but was still a scrum, and no option to keep previous seats.

With five of us, and being in a scrum, I was dreading how far back we'd end up. Incredibly we hit the jackpot and got front row seats (upper level), and in the middle of the block so no getting up and down for everyone else.

They were great seats, but sadly had to give them up last year as couldn't justify four games financially.

Not sure if it still works like this, or if those wishing to move go into the general sale scrum of season tickets?
Old 24.10.2018, 07:46 AM
All Pro

Given the nuances of things like TV positions, I think it's unreasonable to expect they tell everyone tbh. It's bad luck, but unless you are have a hard barrier to keep a clear view (like a tunnel) I think you have to expect there is a chance you'll get an issue like this