Game 2 (2018) much better..... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 21.10.2018, 09:45 PM
Team Captain

Default Game 2 (2018) much better.....

As someone who moaned quite a lot last week I will say that the day felt a lot better today.

Much quicker to get through security.

More merchandise stores inside the ground. Even some selling other teams stuff.

Less queuing all round.

Well done NFLUK it felt that you learnt from last week, so I returned with a much more positive feel to it all again!
Old 21.10.2018, 09:58 PM
MVP

I didn't go last week but as I said on the other thread I thought things went very smoothly today, inside, outside and on the journey to/from. And a great game to boot. Couldn't believe the merchandise prices though. Thought this season's bobble hats looked really cool, then saw the price - £28! I'm sure last time I bought one it was £20. Guess I'll stick to that one. But anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the day out. I only went as I could get resale tickets at a reasonable price and we have a bye week this week. You win some you lose some. Today was a win. Last year we went to Dolphins-Saints which was a bit of a stinker.
Old 22.10.2018, 01:24 PM
Starter

Been to both games so far this year and yesterday was just a poor experience for me. F9r the first time since I've gotten into this sport and had a season ticket each year...I felt yesterday like I probably won't go to Wembley again.

Felt like the whole day yesterday was a shambles. The 'here to help people outside the stadium who aren't able to help...twice had wrong information from them sending us in the wrong direction!! It would appear these people can't help but are there to give the feeling they can.

Finally got to the ticket office - long story but our friends had to pick tickets up as they hadn't received them in the post (well done tickemaster for the late despatch)...4 of us went to go in to the ticket office and told...only 1 can go? What?...apparently they didn't want the queues looking bigger than they were by extra people being there!!! WHAT?!..Anyway...I asked how long the queues were to be told 'not bad...so my friend went in while we waited at the gate....30 minutes had gone and we tried to ring him as we were just hanging around waiting...couldn't get a signal. Had to basically beg the security guard to let another one of us through so we could see what was going on. I went in and the queues were not massive, about 10 deep, but each person was taking 5 or so minutes being served. These queues no doubt mainly down to the problems being caused by Tickemasters late dispatch of tickets.

After another 20 minutes (50 in total) we were away and into the ground.(I've been to the ticket office before prior to a game and it was nowhere near as bad as this...lots of people complaining about not receiving tickets)

Security was a joke. Had to take sunglasses off, watch, phone etc..yet friend with clear NFL bag was let through without it being searched! All very slapdash and did make me wonder how easy it would have been to get something sinister in.

Anyway went inside...tickets said yellow zone, but as we went in we could see gate 542 but we were in 504!!..felt like we had to walk halfway round Wembley!!...guy next to us had green some on his tickets so obviously a misprint!!

As mentioned in another thread we had a very bad experience with food..absolute shambles.

Atmosphere was flat.probably the quietest I've known an nfl game crowd at wembley

The person I was with had never been to an event at Wembley before and his words were.."is it always this bad at wembley"?.

If you add the horrific building work going on outside the place...which is a travesty so close to our national stadium. The whole experience is starting to feel rather tainted.

I came away feeling pretty underwhelmed and not knowing if I'd make the effort the watch nfl at Wembley again. Almost certainly I'd only put myself through it again if it was my team.

Seen plenty of events in lots of stadiums and Wembley just doesn't seem to get much right. Maybe Wembley could have a meeting with organisers at Cardiffs Principality stadium to find out how to give paying customers a positive experience.

Last edited by Thepuma; 22.10.2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 22.10.2018, 04:25 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
Been to both games so far this year and yesterday was just a poor experience for me. F9r the first time since I've gotten into this sport and had a season ticket each year...I felt yesterday like I probably won't go to Wembley again.

Felt like the whole day yesterday was a shambles. The 'here to help people outside the stadium who aren't able to help...twice had wrong information from them sending us in the wrong direction!! It would appear these people can't help but are there to give the feeling they can.

Finally got to the ticket office - long story but our friends had to pick tickets up as they hadn't received them in the post (well done tickemaster for the late despatch)...4 of us went to go in to the ticket office and told...only 1 can go? What?...apparently they didn't want the queues looking bigger than they were by extra people being there!!! WHAT?!..Anyway...I asked how long the queues were to be told 'not bad...so my friend went in while we waited at the gate....30 minutes had gone and we tried to ring him as we were just hanging around waiting...couldn't get a signal. Had to basically beg the security guard to let another one of us through so we could see what was going on. I went in and the queues were not massive, about 10 deep, but each person was taking 5 or so minutes being served. These queues no doubt mainly down to the problems being caused by Tickemasters late dispatch of tickets.

After another 20 minutes (50 in total) we were away and into the ground.(I've been to the ticket office before prior to a game and it was nowhere near as bad as this...lots of people complaining about not receiving tickets)

Security was a joke. Had to take sunglasses off, watch, phone etc..yet friend with clear NFL bag was let through without it being searched! All very slapdash and did make me wonder how easy it would have been to get something sinister in.

Anyway went inside...tickets said yellow zone, but as we went in we could see gate 542 but we were in 504!!..felt like we had to walk halfway round Wembley!!...guy next to us had green some on his tickets so obviously a misprint!!

As mentioned in another thread we had a very bad experience with food..absolute shambles.

Atmosphere was flat.probably the quietest I've known an nfl game crowd at wembley

The person I was with had never been to an event at Wembley before and his words were.."is it always this bad at wembley"?.

If you add the horrific building work going on outside the place...which is a travesty so close to our national stadium. The whole experience is starting to feel rather tainted.

I came away feeling pretty underwhelmed and not knowing if I'd make the effort the watch nfl at Wembley again. Almost certainly I'd only put myself through it again if it was my team.

Seen plenty of events in lots of stadiums and Wembley just doesn't seem to get much right. Maybe Wembley could have a meeting with organisers at Cardiffs Principality stadium to find out how to give paying customers a positive experience.
Hadn't you allready decided you wernt going to Wembley again anyway?

I remember you stating clearly I WILL NOT enter Wembley again and will spend the £400 instead to go to Miami

Or was that more bluster as I'm sure this threat is

Come next year you'll be at Wembley you know you will
Old 22.10.2018, 05:58 PM
All Pro

No stadium in the world is more overrated than the Principality.
Old 22.10.2018, 06:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Seriously?

What difference does it make? Look around Europe, most great stadiums are surrounded and it matters not one iota. Stade De France, San Siro, Bernabeu to name but a few.

Olympic Way is still Olympic Way, the experience is still the same.

Some people will always find something to moan about.
Old 22.10.2018, 06:17 PM
MVP

Quote:

This comes across as one of those posts where the poster is incapable of balancing things. Everything is amazing or terrible.

Clearly you had a terrible experience with tickets. No excuse for that. It happened to me once with Ticketmaster (Pats-Bucs) where after endless calls to Ticketmaster where I was told my ticket was either in the post, was going out today, or tomorrow, and then eventually two days before the game they admitted they'd never sent them and weren't going to and I'd have to collect at the venue. I got a ticket with my block, row and seat handwritten in pen!

So yeah, that wasn't on and you've every right to be annoyed by that. And the block being wrong is annoying too. But clearly you made it for kick off so no harm done - I assume you'd let us know if you hadn't.

The rest just comes across as being a misery guts. Tickets were bad so everything is bad. I mean you don't even mention how entertaining the game was! Isn't that the most important thing? The atmosphere wasn't flat at all. The game was exciting. No Mexican Waves - that's a very good sign. I mean security - you seemed to get through without too many queues; horrific building work? I'll keep saying this, Wembley Stadium has never been surrounded by lush green meadows. It was surrounded by concrete yards and grim industrial states. Is building housing on mostly disused industrial land so terrible when London desperately needs more housing?
Old 22.10.2018, 06:45 PM
Rookie

I've been going to the IS since before there were season tickets.

Yes, the building work is a pain, especially them closing all the car parks. But it'll be worth it in a few years.

Security was more thorough than in previous years but was amazingly fast. That was because they had vast numbers of checkpoints.

My only complaint was that we were directed to the VIP entrance for Club Wembley, only to find that it was for Hospitality Packages only and that we had to walk halfway round the Stadium. Still, we will know better next week.
Old 22.10.2018, 08:55 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemarlin87 View Post
Hadn't you allready decided you wernt going to Wembley again anyway?

I remember you stating clearly I WILL NOT enter Wembley again and will spend the £400 instead to go to Miami

Or was that more bluster as I'm sure this threat is

Come next year you'll be at Wembley you know you will

I've got a season ticket which was purchased way before the Raiders game. But next year I can't see me getting a season ticket...not unless the Dolphins are back or there's a huge matchup.
Old 22.10.2018, 09:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
This comes across as one of those posts where the poster is incapable of balancing things. Everything is amazing or terrible.

Clearly you had a terrible experience with tickets. No excuse for that. It happened to me once with Ticketmaster (Pats-Bucs) where after endless calls to Ticketmaster where I was told my ticket was either in the post, was going out today, or tomorrow, and then eventually two days before the game they admitted they'd never sent them and weren't going to and I'd have to collect at the venue. I got a ticket with my block, row and seat handwritten in pen!

So yeah, that wasn't on and you've every right to be annoyed by that. And the block being wrong is annoying too. But clearly you made it for kick off so no harm done - I assume you'd let us know if you hadn't.

The rest just comes across as being a misery guts. Tickets were bad so everything is bad. I mean you don't even mention how entertaining the game was! Isn't that the most important thing? The atmosphere wasn't flat at all. The game was exciting. No Mexican Waves - that's a very good sign. I mean security - you seemed to get through without too many queues; horrific building work? I'll keep saying this, Wembley Stadium has never been surrounded by lush green meadows. It was surrounded by concrete yards and grim industrial states. Is building housing on mostly disused industrial land so terrible when London desperately needs more housing?
To be fair I did feel like a misery guts by the time the game came on...what with the ticket office situation, the wrong entrance on the tickets, the useless "here to help" staff giving us the run around, the appalling food...etc - I'd already driven 6 hours to get there Sunday so probably wasn't in the best moods being up at 5am...

But agreed..the game was a close one...for a change. But stick by what I said about the atmosphere...from where I was in block 504 it was the quietest I've known