Week 17. Bengals @ Steelers. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

  #1  
Old 27.12.2018, 10:28 AM
Raider12's Avatar
Raider12 Raider12 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.09.2003
Posts: 11,694
Default Week 17. Bengals @ Steelers.

Game day thread.


Mark
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29.12.2018, 08:12 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Steelers put Boswell onto IR and AB not practicing due to a bad knee,lucky they are playing the beat up Bengals but if the Ravens win it will cap a poor season for Pittsburgh and who knows how many more years of Big Ben they have.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30.12.2018, 10:24 AM
DarwinTheAardvark's Avatar
DarwinTheAardvark DarwinTheAardvark is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 13.10.2018
Posts: 747
Default

Fully expect Baltimore to see off Cleveland and make the result of this game redundant. Pittsburgh have been a big disappointment this year, but they always find a way to beat Cincinnati, and I’m not expecting this to be any different.

Steelers 28 Bengals 13
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31.12.2018, 12:42 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

not putting Ben back in against the Raiders and not getting Bell to come back prove to be pretty costly, not sure which is worse.


Bell would of come back if the Steelers had just of stated they wouldnt tag him in the off season, they wanted to keep the power.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31.12.2018, 06:26 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
not putting Ben back in against the Raiders and not getting Bell to come back prove to be pretty costly, not sure which is worse.


Bell would of come back if the Steelers had just of stated they wouldnt tag him in the off season, they wanted to keep the power.
the Broncos defeat was also a low for the Steelers but wonder if the Steelers held Ben out against the Raiders because they where already looking ahead on there schedule.

the Bell "saga" wasn't an issue when Conner was healthy and playing well but Bell knew late on that he had won the battle as the Steelers admitted they couldn't really tag him this off-season but by then sitting for 10 weeks then coming back for 6 really meant nothing to Bell as the $5m is nothing compared to what he expects in March.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31.12.2018, 06:39 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
the Broncos defeat was also a low for the Steelers but wonder if the Steelers held Ben out against the Raiders because they where already looking ahead on there schedule.

the Bell "saga" wasn't an issue when Conner was healthy and playing well but Bell knew late on that he had won the battle as the Steelers admitted they couldn't really tag him this off-season but by then sitting for 10 weeks then coming back for 6 really meant nothing to Bell as the $5m is nothing compared to what he expects in March.

no that was the breaking point, Bell would of come back before the deadline if the Steelers had stated they wouldnt use any tag on him but they wouldnt give that power up.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31.12.2018, 07:37 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
no that was the breaking point, Bell would of come back before the deadline if the Steelers had stated they wouldnt use any tag on him but they wouldnt give that power up.
the Steelers assumed Bell would turn up for week 1 but once he didn't they would have to make the 1st move and for Bell Conner putting up great numbers made it easy for them to just wait it out.in a away both sides lost short term but maybe long term they gain.

useless stat in the Big Ben era the Steelers have missed the play-offs 5 times and each time by 1 game in the standings and they also lost to the Raiders in each of those season.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31.12.2018, 07:40 PM
BradshawSteeler's Avatar
BradshawSteeler BradshawSteeler is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 20.10.2009
Posts: 941
Default

Ryan Shazier was badly missed this season. He played most of last until his December probable career ending injury. We lack leaders IMO on all three sides of the ball and Shaz was one of the few leaders. Not recognising the problems our kicker had from week 1 when he blew a not difficult match winning field goal in Cleveland. He carried on missing several extra points and still nothing was done. This reared its ugly head again when the Boz slipped when he should have tied the scores at the end of the Oakland game. 10 wins would have got the play offs so we were half a game short. Immaterial really as would have been one and done in the play offs due to deficiency's on D.

The Le'veon Bell issue's should not have affected things as we had more than adequate cover with Conner. Who's to say Bell would have got injured like Conner, he has before.

Someone will carry the can for us not making the play offs and I expect coaching casualties. Just how far up the chain remains to be seen. Personally I'm not a Mike Tomlin fan and would shed no tears if he bites the bullet.

The AFC North will be interesting in 2019 and who would bet against the Cleveland Browns given their massive improvement.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31.12.2018, 08:48 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradshawSteeler View Post
Ryan Shazier was badly missed this season. He played most of last until his December probable career ending injury. We lack leaders IMO on all three sides of the ball and Shaz was one of the few leaders. Not recognising the problems our kicker had from week 1 when he blew a not difficult match winning field goal in Cleveland. He carried on missing several extra points and still nothing was done. This reared its ugly head again when the Boz slipped when he should have tied the scores at the end of the Oakland game. 10 wins would have got the play offs so we were half a game short. Immaterial really as would have been one and done in the play offs due to deficiency's on D.

The Le'veon Bell issue's should not have affected things as we had more than adequate cover with Conner. Who's to say Bell would have got injured like Conner, he has before.

Someone will carry the can for us not making the play offs and I expect coaching casualties. Just how far up the chain remains to be seen. Personally I'm not a Mike Tomlin fan and would shed no tears if he bites the bullet.

The AFC North will be interesting in 2019 and who would bet against the Cleveland Browns given their massive improvement.
the Steelers are in decent cap position with having all the Bell money to roll over till next year now but also have Big Ben on the last year of his deal so do they extend him or just see what happens.

on the coaches hard to blame anyone to low down for the errors of the GM/HC.

the Browns are all of a sudden an appealing job but they got to get this hire right which isn't that easy for that franchise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:34 AM.