53 man roster prediction - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 05.09.2009, 09:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Yeah, was just about to post that revision. we needed tackle depth.

Thank god for that.
Old 05.09.2009, 09:25 PM
All Pro

Brian Brohm has been cut according to Green Bay Press Gazette's Tom Pelissero - https://twitter.com/tompelissero
Old 05.09.2009, 09:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungyismylover View Post
Brian Brohm has been cut according to Green Bay Press Gazette's Tom Pelissero - https://twitter.com/tompelissero
I'm absolutely amazed by that. Surely someone will take a flier on him, this is the same Brian Brohm who could have been drafted first overall in 2007.

The Packers have also cut Jamon Meridith, Tyrell Sutton, Andrew Hartline, Dean Muhtadi, Dane Randolph, Ronald Talley, Trevor Ford, Cyril Obiozor and Kregg Lumpkin.

In other news, apparently GB will keep 3 fullbacks - which must be unheard of in the modern era. Saying that, all three probably deserve their spot on the Packers (or another team's) roster.
Old 05.09.2009, 09:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengermassey View Post
I'm absolutely amazed by that. Surely someone will take a flier on him, this is the same Brian Brohm who could have been drafted first overall in 2007.

The Packers have also cut Jamon Meridith, Tyrell Sutton, Andrew Hartline, Dean Muhtadi, Dane Randolph, Ronald Talley, Trevor Ford, Cyril Obiozor and Kregg Lumpkin.

In other news, apparently GB will keep 3 fullbacks - which must be unheard of in the modern era. Saying that, all three probably deserve their spot on the Packers (or another team's) roster.
Yeah it was hard to pick between them. Disappointed about Sutton, I personally liked him the best behind Grant. Pat Lee and Justin Harrell on IR.
Old 05.09.2009, 10:13 PM
All Pro

Charlie Peprah will also be waived, but GB will have to negotiate an injury settlement.
Old 05.09.2009, 11:10 PM
All Pro

OFFICIAL -

WR Jake Allen, QB Brian Brohm, CB Trevor Ford, G/T Andrew Hartline, WR Kole Heckendorf, LB Danny Lansanah, RB Kregg Lumpkin, DE Alfred Malone, WR Ruvell Martin, T Jamon Meredith, NT Dean Muhtadi, LB Cyril Obiozor, CB Joe Porter, T Dane Randolph, S Anthony Smith, RB Tyrell Sutton, DE Ronald Talley and NT Anthony Toribio.

DE Justin Harrell, CB Pat Lee, TE Evan Moore and S Charlie Peprah were placed on injured reserv
Old 05.09.2009, 11:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungyismylover View Post
OFFICIAL -

WR Jake Allen, QB Brian Brohm, CB Trevor Ford, G/T Andrew Hartline, WR Kole Heckendorf, LB Danny Lansanah, RB Kregg Lumpkin, DE Alfred Malone, WR Ruvell Martin, T Jamon Meredith, NT Dean Muhtadi, LB Cyril Obiozor, CB Joe Porter, T Dane Randolph, S Anthony Smith, RB Tyrell Sutton, DE Ronald Talley and NT Anthony Toribio.

DE Justin Harrell, CB Pat Lee, TE Evan Moore and S Charlie Peprah were placed on injured reserv
I'm absolutely stunned the Packers are cutting Anthony Smith. It must have something to do with his personality, on form he looked like the second best safety on the roster (behind Collins but streets ahead of Bigby). His release was predicted about a week ago on a Packers message board I post on (packershome.com). The original poster who apparently has been right with his sources mulitple times, was still laughed off the board. I'm amazed he's been cut.

I'm also pretty surprised Brett Swain has made it over Ruvell Martin. I guess there isn't a lot of upside to Martin (though he is the best blocker of the WRs). Swain was thought of as a poor man's Wes Welker, but I've yet to see it in the pre-season.
Old 05.09.2009, 11:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I'm absolutely stunned the Packers are cutting Anthony Smith. It must have something to do with his personality, on form he looked like the second best safety on the roster (behind Collins but streets ahead of Bigby). His release was predicted about a week ago on a Packers message board I post on (packershome.com). The original poster who apparently has been right with his sources mulitple times, was still laughed off the board. I'm amazed he's been cut.

I'm also pretty surprised Brett Swain has made it over Ruvell Martin. I guess there isn't a lot of upside to Martin (though he is the best blocker of the WRs). Swain was thought of as a poor man's Wes Welker, but I've yet to see it in the pre-season.
Agree with everything there. Obviously there had to be some guys missing out, but it will be interesting to see who makes it through waivers to the practice squad.
Old 06.09.2009, 10:11 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm absolutely stunned the Packers are cutting Anthony Smith. It must have something to do with his personality.
Green Bay Press are reporting it may be down to a long standing groin injury that is hampering him:-

"Free-agent pickup Anthony Smith was a surprise cut at safety, where injuries became a factor. Smith looked safe in part because he’d play with the No. 1 defense in the dime package in camp, but that might not have meant a lot because defensive coordinator Dom Capers never used the dime in a preseason game. Smith had a recurring groin injury that might have concerned the Packers."
Old 06.09.2009, 02:22 PM
Starter

A couple of things I don't understand about the new roster, after the cuts.

Who is the backup at LT? The new official depth chart is empty there:
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/
How will things shuffle if Clifton goes down?

Also why do we want 3 FBs and 3.5 TEs?

Last edited by mister-b; 06.09.2009 at 02:29 PM.