@ Atlanta - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 24.11.2010, 10:47 PM
Starter

Default @ Atlanta

This is a huge game for obvious reasons but the most interesting part of this game for me will be our defense.

On Sunday our defense will get its first real pass defense test going up against one of the best passing attacks in the league, as you will remember last year our pass defense was poor against the big passing offenses of the Vikings, Steelers and Cardinals in the playoffs.

Theres no doubt our defense has improved somewhat this season, I hope Dom Capers brings his A-game this Sunday!
Old 24.11.2010, 11:19 PM
All Pro

I am officially worried.
Old 25.11.2010, 08:31 AM
Starter

Getting to the serious end of the seanson, Atlanta is crucial due to having an 8-2 record, and the Bears/Eagles/Saints/Bucs and the Pack all stacked up at 7-3, obviously the Bears/Eagles match up will have an impact, so nothing but a win on Sunday, otherwise we drop behind, even more so as the Falcons have 2 games laft against the hopeless Panthers
Old 25.11.2010, 08:56 AM
All Pro

REALLY important game. As is the Bears game next weekend.

Can't wait for this one!
Old 25.11.2010, 09:08 AM
Starter

I think we'll do ok. Just starting to gel together nicely now. Cant see the Bears keeping up with us till the end of the seson. O/L is improving all the time so i can only see goog things in the future. GO PACK GO.
Old 25.11.2010, 10:43 AM
All Pro

It's not true that this is our first or only test against an elite passing offence.

We've actually played (and done very well) against a better passing offence than Atlanta this season: Philadelphia.

Miami has also actually had an above average passing offence this year - though clearly they're not the same proposition with Thigpen at QB.

On the other hand... Washington, Dallas, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, New York Jets and Buffalo are all mediocre passing attacks at best.

Of the remaining schedule, San Francisco, Detroit and Chicago are all below average, the Giants are just average and New England is the #1 in the league this year... Atlanta are good. It will be interesting.

In terms of the division/getting to the playoffs the big games for me are San Fran and the 2 division games. We should win those, and get those and we're in.

I think this is going to be a close game. Could go either way.
Old 25.11.2010, 11:14 AM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via ICQ to Max_Mac Send a message via AIM to Max_Mac Send a message via MSN to Max_Mac Send a message via Yahoo to Max_Mac Send a message via Skype™ to Max_Mac

I would say the Eagles are a different team now from when we faced them.

Regardless Atlanta will be a big game. They do a lot of play action traps trying to sucker you in. Then there's Turner who can pound through D-lines and keep upright. Playing a lot of Raji, Pickett and Green should limit his space though.

We'll need to keep White in check, but unlike us they've got the added threat of a top class TE. Not that we haven't faced multiple receiving threats like this, but those teams (Cowboys, Vikings) were slumping.

Atlanta also have the benefit of having an excellent home record. However McCarthy also has a good road record. There's no doubt the Packers are playing some of there best football right now. Play smart and penalty free like we have been and this will be a close game.
Old 25.11.2010, 11:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanmurray View Post
I am officially worried.
Well theres a surprise
Old 26.11.2010, 11:40 AM
MVP

should be a classic, im really looking forward to it. I have a feeling youll win.
Old 26.11.2010, 09:18 PM
Pro

Definetly need a big game from Clay!!