2011 roster decisions - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 05.03.2011, 12:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Does anyone think this is a possibility: the Packers trade Matt Flynn for a decent pick (R2/R3 maybe), and draft another 'developmental' QB in one of the later rounds.

This is the kind of thing you can repeat every few years, if you're good at developing QBs - as MM + the GB staff seem to be. It would be a neat way to use the draft. And it also seems to me like the sort of thing TT would like to do.

This year, with so many teams needing a QB, Flynn could be an attractive option. He showed something in the Patriots game, and has 3 years of experience in a stable + successful system.

Any thoughts?
Old 06.03.2011, 01:43 AM
Pro Bowler

I'd be open to that possibility if I thought there were any possibility we could get a pick that high (which I don't) - and I was convinced that A-Rod would stay healthy an entire season - which with his style of play I'm not.

A good idea in principle methinks but one that'll never happen in practice...
Old 15.03.2011, 03:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Any thoughts?
Be realistic – how many 7th round QBs become tradeable commodities – irrespective of coaching? Flynn is luck as much as skill. Brian Brohm was a 2nd round pick with the same coaches and better opportunities and looks to be out of the league.

Secondly, backup QB is an important position when your starter has a history of concussions.

In theory, I like the idea of trading Flynn – I think we could get as much as a late 1st for him. If anyone offers that, I think we have to do it. More realistically, we can probably get a 2nd for him. If that happens, it’s a borderline call. Backup QB has to be addressed. That means spending money in FA and probably drafting another QB. Those things detract from the value you get for the 2nd. It’s a tough one.
Old 17.03.2011, 09:25 AM
MVP

Regarding Cullen Jenkins if we franchise Tag him is he classed as a Defensive End, because paying a 3-4 DE the same amount as the elite 4-3 defensive ends seems a little unfair and perhaps not feasible.

Dont get me wrong I would like to keep him but with his injury history is it realistic.

On reflection I would now like us to keep AJ Hawk.

Perah and Chiller are 2 more excellent 'squad' players that would be good to keep around.