2011 Draft - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 24.02.2011, 12:16 AM
All Pro

Default 2011 Draft

What you guys see happening? Cameron Heywood if he drops, more than likely be the BPA
Old 24.02.2011, 11:28 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa14 View Post
What you guys see happening? Cameron Heywood if he drops, more than likely be the BPA
I'm really intrigued here, I actually see us trading out of the spot - more likely down but if a top OLB, OT or someone like a Jimmy Smith is there we'll trade up. There's lots of value at need positions in the second round...
Old 25.02.2011, 05:33 PM
All Pro

I honestly don't know, think it will be BPA at where we are drafting, doubt TT trades up,more likely to trade down if anything.

From a personal point ofview i'd love Cam Jordan the DE from Cal to drop to us,doubt that will happen as his stock is rising after the senior bowl.
Old 01.03.2011, 01:04 PM
All Pro

I really hope we don’t take Cameron Heyward. I think he is pretty overrated and doesn’t fit what we need. He’s like a slightly better version of C.J. Wilson. Not a natural pass rusher.

Cameron Jordan would be a better fit and good value at #32 but I don’t see it happening.

My thoughts are that there is value in trading down. The wild card in this draft is the quarterbacks. IMO Gabbert, Newton and Mallett are all going in round 1, maybe Locker as well. There are warts on all of them but also they’ve all got things to work with. With the number of teams that need quarterbacks, someone is going to take a chance. There will be some good players in the second round, and we might be able to move back, pick up an extra pick and let the draft come to us.

If we stay where we are, there are some OTs we might look at, Ijalana is an interesting one. It’s not out of the question that Carimi might be there, would love to see us take a Badger. Don’t see us trading up for Jimmy Smith (too risky and not a big enough need). If Ryan Kerrigan was within range however…

I also think there’s a chance Ryan Williams will be there. If that happens, I think it’d be a good value pick.
Old 06.03.2011, 01:48 AM
Pro Bowler

Like Williams a lot, not sure I'd be going RB in the first round though - everyone seems to have us taking Watkins at some point which I sincerely hope we don't do...

I'd love to see Kerrigan be a Packer, but there's a couple of OLB prospects that intrigue me, I'd be interested to see how far Akeem Ayers falls, he's not a natural pass-rusher but he's so versatile that he'd be worth picking up. Mason Foster's another one I'd take a look at - if we traded back - the one OLB I really want is Sam Acho out of Texas - great kid with good talent and off the charts intangibles.
Old 07.03.2011, 02:39 PM
All Pro

If Ayers is there at 28, it's hard to see the Pats passing even if no-one else does.

At the end of the day he played LB in college. When you take account of the risk of projecting somoene there...he'll be an attractive proposition somewhere.