NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 17.08.2011, 07:58 AM
Pro Bowler

Default 2011 Roster

Interesting review of the competition for spots:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/127917878.html

First impressions:
- the roster looks *very* well stacked on offense, with C/G having perhaps the weakest depth

- but the (lack of) depth looks alarming on the D-line and at LB

Hope we get a bit more luck with injuries this season ...
Old 17.08.2011, 12:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Interesting review of the competition for spots:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/127917878.html

First impressions:
- the roster looks *very* well stacked on offense, with C/G having perhaps the weakest depth

- but the (lack of) depth looks alarming on the D-line and at LB

Hope we get a bit more luck with injuries this season ...
I'm not concerned with line backer depth tbh, I think we have a very good stable, though I am disappointed Elmore is playing poorly. He looked awesome at Arizona...

D-line is certainly a concern, Neal although talented is a great worry, he just can't seem to stay healthy.

Secondary is odd, The starters are great but after that there is a big drop off. Especially at Safety. I like Charlie but surprised we didn't bring back Anthony Smith tbh.I was also hoping Bush would finally turn a corner this year, almost like an awakening after the Superbowl but it seems we are back to square one with him. Hopefully House will be able to overcome his inhury shortly and show the coaches some promise.
Old 17.08.2011, 03:36 PM
All Pro

Agree with Clarence on things.

Bit worried about depth on the D-Line,if either Raji/Pickett or Neal go down then we could struggle,CJ Wilson played well in parts last year but he's not someone whomi'd want starting full time. Hopefully we get lucky and no-one goes down,think we'll see alot of the 2 Lineman nickel packages aswell this year so if we can keep at least 3 or 4 guys fresh and healthy i think we'll be fine.

DJ Smith seems to be having a good camp but if Hawk or Bishop went down i think the drop off at ILB would be the biggest drop off anywhere.

Hopefully House can get healthy and be our dime CB as i just wouldnt be happy if Lee or Bush had to play alot of Snaps.

Funny the timing of the thread as i'd just started to write down a 53 man roster.

I got 23 locks on Offence and 20 on defence with 3 on special teams,leaving 7 spots to battle it out in camp