16-0 is realistic says Charles Woodson - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 10.11.2011, 12:09 AM
Team Captain

Default 16-0 is realistic says Charles Woodson

He also said "We'd love to do it" and "We're halfway there". Seems like the guys might be seriously making a run for this - having watched the 98 Broncos America's Game and seeing what it meant to them I can't say I'm surprised. Perhaps the speculation of players being rested once the division was locked up was a little off the mark

Quote:
Woodson was asked if 19-0 is something he's discussed with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

“Yeah, at times,” Woodson said. “We know what we want.”
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 10.11.2011, 08:31 AM
All Pro

Personally I just don't see it. Obviously its possible the stats say so but is is realistic? We have managed to get to 8-0 purely because of tho offence which has been pretty much unstoppable.

However as has been said countless times our D is awful, we have precisely no pass rush which seems to have thrown our secondary into chaos, I've never seen so many blown coverages on big plays by a Pack D.

At some point A-rod will have an average game when this happens we need to see what the D is capable of, at times I forget Matthews is on the field, the beast has become the invisible.

I'm not being negative, just realistic, a lifelong affinity with Everton has done this to me, while I'm enjoying the ride I am certainly not getting carried away, the 9ers look just as capable as us keep an eye on them, oh and they have a D.
Old 10.11.2011, 09:18 AM
Starter

Getting home field advantage has gotta be the main goal for now surely? Wouldn't bother me if we managed that with a 13-3 record. Never seen a unbeaten season ring out there.
Old 10.11.2011, 09:41 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

Untill we get beat its going to be talked about,we're the only undefeated team and its a great feeling,its getting to the point where i expect us to win every week due to us not being beaten for the last 14 games,if we can stay healthy and get mike neal on the field and contributing then i'd love us to go undefeated,but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it didnt happen.Like was said above,having home field advantage in the playoffs would be good enough for me. the Lions game on thanksgiving should be a corker is we beat the vikes and bucs the next 2 weeks.
Old 11.11.2011, 03:03 AM
Banned

I'm no expert. But I think we could go 19-0. I base this mainly on the fact that we're better than all the other teams in the league and, that being the case, I expect us to beat them. Mr Woodson is right.
Old 11.11.2011, 03:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by menominee View Post
I'm no expert. But I think we could go 19-0. I base this mainly on the fact that we're better than all the other teams in the league and, that being the case, I expect us to beat them. Mr Woodson is right.
Your Northern opponents may have something to say about that.

I hope they'll be some snow flying when we charge your lines on Monday.
Old 11.11.2011, 01:49 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by menominee View Post
hahaha couldn't have said it better myself