The Dawg Pound! - Page 452 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 22.01.2017, 11:02 PM
Starter

Cheers, I get the emails already as am a member, follow each other on Twitter as well, presume you linked it elsewhere and I completed it then. Look forward to meeting everyone later on in the year
Sponsored Links
Old 05.02.2017, 09:36 AM
All Pro

I wondered what people's initial thoughts are on our off season possibilities?
It seems conventional wisdom is that we try to trade a 2nd round pick plus another 4th or 3rd? for Garrapallo, resign Pryor and use the #1 pick for Garrett. While (just about) every pundit seems to rate Garrett as the true no 1 talent, I did read one article that questioned his work ethic - I take it that this was a rogue piece of journalism given the dominant feeling?
The disclaimer being I have no college football knowledge whatsoever, my gut doesn't want us to take Watson as he turned down the opportunity to work with Hue at the Senior Bowl. That being said, I understand why he did it, as he was likely not going to be seen as value at #1 going on general feeling. If the Browns passed on him having worked with him, then others might have perceived a problem and also passed, dropping him down the Draft. As it stands, we have anything from the top 3QBs going before the Browns would pick again at 12, to none of them are worth a 1st round grade!
Old 09.02.2017, 07:44 PM
Starter

I'm not sold on any of the qb's to be honest, would rather we just go 'best available' this year as we need help across the board. If we had to concentrate on one side of the ball id like the defence to get strengthened the most I guess.
Old 18.02.2017, 10:13 AM
Rookie

Exclamation

Hi dawgs

I needed your help especially if you've ordered a Browns Nike game jersey before!

Didn't want to open a thread on the Cleveland browns section just for my issue so thought I'd post it on here https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?p=and I've attached pictures too

Cheers guys .
Old 09.03.2017, 08:31 PM
All Pro

I'm loving the resigning of Bitonio and the signing (possible) of Zeitler. They show a clear step forward. Yes, we were unlucky to a large extent with our Oline injuries, but these moves should put us in a better position now.
It was a bit of a disappointment losing out on Jefferson to Baltimore and, at that stage, I did think people wouldn't come to us because of our previous!
Go Browns!
Old 09.03.2017, 08:48 PM
All Pro

What? Why? I don't believe.... I'm going to bed
Old 01.04.2017, 07:58 AM
Pro

Good morning fellow Brownies.

It's been a little while since I've posted on here but the draft is fast approaching so I thought I'd gather some thoughts.

I think we all agree on Garrett at #1, don't we?

But, who would you take at 12?

This is set up to be one of the most intriguing draft / off-seasons in recent memory for the Browns
Old 09.04.2017, 03:30 PM
All Pro

Good to hear from you!
I think we will probably go elite talent with 12 if we feel there is such a player available e.g. at DB, WR or TE. Otherwise we draft QB, whether staying put to do so or risk dropping behind Cards.
While I don't follow college football, I like the look of Williams as WR as he seems to pull in a lot of passes to make the QB look good.
If we could choose a QB, from what I've heard, I'm currently going for Trubisky or Mahones and then Davis(this is the QB from the South team?). On the same theme, I can't help but feel the whole Big Ben thing is about making others think the Steelers are more likely to go QB in Rd1 than they actually are.
I can't decide whether I'd rather we try to trade back into the 1st Rd to get 3 picks or stay at 33 to get time to mull over our pick- both appeal.
Old 29.04.2017, 09:37 AM
Pro

Well then!

Sorry for the late reply but today seems as good a day as any to dissect the Browns draft haul.

Personally, I'm really pleased with the front office this year. They have addressed the needs and they've got a Qb project to work on
Old 29.04.2017, 09:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrGoatum View Post
Well then!

Sorry for the late reply but today seems as good a day as any to dissect the Browns draft haul.

Personally, I'm really pleased with the front office this year. They have addressed the needs and they've got a Qb project to work on
I'm also really pleased with how the front office has gone about it's business. I couldn't understand the pre-Draft story about Garrett-Trubisky as, if we genuinely wanted Trubisky, this was just going to make it so much harder to accomplish. I can't help but feel Sashi felt that Trubisky would probably cost way more than he was prepared to give up and he had either targeted Mahones at 12 or had a defined ceiling pick for each QB. I was momentarily stunned that we traded 12 as I expected us to take Hooker but understood when we got the 1st next year.
I had the sense that none of the moves were panicky or gimmicky, rather careful and considered. I also hope that, in the absence of Kizer being the answer, we at least give the impression of being all in by the time of next year's Draft as any QB interest would be less predictable and so teams would be less inclined to leapfrog us for our guy.

In summary, I like the Draft business we've done. A bit surprised we haven't got LB yet and have gone for the Line men more. Now it needs to translate into production. Go Browns!