Panthers thread - Page 107 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 24.01.2017, 08:48 PM
Team Captain

One of the down sides of supporting the Panthers is the lack of fans, never seem to get much activity on here, especially compared to some teams, bit of a shame
Sponsored Links
Old 24.01.2017, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
One of the down sides of supporting the Panthers is the lack of fans, never seem to get much activity on here, especially compared to some teams, bit of a shame
Thought the run to the SB last season might have brought a few more on board, but it appears not...
Old 25.01.2017, 02:07 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Thought the run to the SB last season might have brought a few more on board, but it appears not...
There was a little chatter pre draft and before the season but not much at all

Bit rubbish as none of my mates are into NFL, so got no fellow Panthers fans to talk to etc
Old 25.01.2017, 11:43 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
There was a little chatter pre draft and before the season but not much at all

Bit rubbish as none of my mates are into NFL, so got no fellow Panthers fans to talk to etc
I'll try and be more active this off-season Tbf it was quite busy and active a few years ago and we had numerous posters but this season hasn't helped plus I think more people discuss Panthers football on twitter or on CarolinaHuddle.

I'm looking forward to see what DG can do with a top 10 pick and a lot of cap space but I'll go into more detail in the coming weeks
Old 25.01.2017, 01:32 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGrimbeard View Post
I'll try and be more active this off-season Tbf it was quite busy and active a few years ago and we had numerous posters but this season hasn't helped plus I think more people discuss Panthers football on twitter or on CarolinaHuddle.

I'm looking forward to see what DG can do with a top 10 pick and a lot of cap space but I'll go into more detail in the coming weeks
Similar tbf, watching some footage of college players at the moment deciding who I'd like us to draft
Old 09.03.2017, 08:26 PM
Team Captain

Looks like we're signing Matt Kalil. Will be interesting to see the guaranteed money and length of contract. I think we probably had to overpay for him but I don't think Gettleman really had a choice. We're desperate for a LT and no way could we bring back Remmers to protect Cam's blindside. Considering it's a weak free agency and draft class for tackles plus Oher may not be back next year we had to sign a LT even if it means overpaying.

Hopefully by playing alongside his brother and next to Norwell he can live up to his potential of a top five draft pick.

Bit disappointing to see both Klein and Ginn join the Saints. I knew Klein was leaving but didn't think he would stay in the division and I was hoping we could hold on to Ginn for another season or two.

Would like to see us sign a strong safety, nickel, receiver and fullback in the next coming weeks to allow us to go bpa in the draft.
Old 13.03.2017, 05:52 PM
Team Captain

It's not been too bad

Kalil the jury is still out hopefully he can get over his injuries, and his brother can help him become a better play training each day

Early I'm 50/50 on, think there is a good player in him, but this season was going to be make or break for him

Regarding the draft the 2 I really really want us to go out and get are Thomas and Obi - would have no issues trading back into the first to secure Obi, think they will both be starts from day 1 and make an impact too
Old 18.04.2017, 11:00 AM
Team Captain

With just over a week until the draft I have two questions for fellow panther fans.
Who would you like us to pick at 8?
Who do you think we will pick at 8?

I'm hoping that Jamal Adams, Solomon Thomas or Leonard Fournette will fall to us but can't see that happening. I reckon Thomas will go 2, Adams 3 and then Fournette to the Jags or Jets. Therefore, I believe we will pick either OJ Howard or Christian McCaffrey and I'll be happy with either. As much as I would like us to pick Adams, Fournette or Thomas I hope we don't trade up to get one of them.
Old 18.04.2017, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Not a Panthers fan, but I've currently got you going for Derek Barnett at #8. If not him, then I'd expect Howard or McCaffrey. Heard rumours a while back that you may trade up to #2, though that seems to have quietened down?
Old 18.04.2017, 03:31 PM
Team Captain

The talk of trading up certainly has quietened down. Although Dave Gettleman does like to trade up rather than down, I can't see it happening as I believe it will be too costly. However, if we do trade up to 2 or 3 it wouldn't surprise me due to how different the front office have performed this off-season.