Kickoff times and dates for all 2017 London Games announced - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 08.03.2017, 10:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
The issue at both venues is you are talking Sunday night here. Any other night particular Saturday is much better for public transport.

With the early finish of service on Sunday's and reduced frequency you run a massive risk with South West Trains out of Twickenham especially with risk of overtime that some people may struggle to get away with the 1 hour+ wait you can get for Trains.
I wouldn't even rely on those trains at half 9 at night. Another reason I think they will ditch Twickers once the new Spurs stadium is open. TFL provides a better service between its suburban rail and Victoria and Piccadilly lines.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.03.2017, 03:04 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennny View Post
If the nfl wants to attract families, kids etc a late finishing time with school the next day won't be that great...although one twickenham game probably is in half term.
Also they would like the games shown on a major TV channel, which is unlikely to happen in the evening when broadcasters will want to protect their primetime lineups.

Given the strong rumours last year about the league dropping the earlier kick-off times for the London games, it seems to me there is a split between New York (teams and U.S. broadcasters) and London (families and U.K. broadcasters) over what to do. It would not have made sense to sell tickets without announcing the times otherwise.

Whilst all the power obviously rests in New York, these games are being approved there to grow the sport, and so that means getting kids interested in the sport and increasing exposure and access to it.

They cannot simply ignore the needs of the U.K. else there is no point coming here. As it is the league loses money playing in London because of the compensation they pay out around them, so they need to be serving a growth strategy to be justified.

With the BBC's contract for London Games and the Super Bowl having ended last season, I am sure this issue will have an important impact on the next free-to-air contract. Also noteworthy to partners, if not overall significant, that Osi Umenyiora has been nominated in the RTS Programme Awards, alongside Clare Balding and Nasser Hussain, for his work on the BBC TV programmes.
Old 11.03.2017, 07:59 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I wouldn't even rely on those trains at half 9 at night. Another reason I think they will ditch Twickers once the new Spurs stadium is open. TFL provides a better service between its suburban rail and Victoria and Piccadilly lines.
I think Twickers was only ever a stop gap till WHL was open due to the soccer teams playing at Wembley whilst their stadiums are being re built, I like the 1805 kick off time just the drive home then work the next morning sucks a bit.
Old 20.03.2017, 12:43 PM
Starter

Personally, as someone who travels from the North of England, the afternoon kick offs are my preferred choice.

In terms of growing the game, not everyone interested in the NFL lives in London. Going back to the 6pm games makes it more difficult to me (and others). I'm not really down with driving in to London and having to park up. And I also wouldn't want the expense of paying for a hotel.

The 2:30pm games means you can get a train to/from on the same day.
Old 21.03.2017, 09:28 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcio View Post
Personally, as someone who travels from the North of England, the afternoon kick offs are my preferred choice.

In terms of growing the game, not everyone interested in the NFL lives in London. Going back to the 6pm games makes it more difficult to me (and others). I'm not really down with driving in to London and having to park up. And I also wouldn't want the expense of paying for a hotel.

Same here. I would drive from Shropshire, but a late finish means I would get home about 1.30am. And with taking my daughters to school on Monday morning, i simply wouldn't enjoy the game knowing i would be rushing home late at night. That's why i haven't bought a ticket this year. So sad they couldn't agree k.o times before tickets went on sale. We don't all live in London!
Old 22.03.2017, 01:58 PM
Pro

I'm travelling from N East aswell. A 6.30 ko means can travel on the day and stay in hotel Sunday at a cost of £45.

Just in case it is a 2.30 ko I have booked a hotel for the Saturday aswell at a cost of.......£100. I can't keep doing this tho and getting a train on the day of a 2.30 ko is a non starter as it leaves it tight and any delays would ruin the day.

Last year the same hotel was nowhere near that price but i can justify it this time as have free train tickets due to a mess up with east coast/virgin.
Old 23.03.2017, 07:52 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcio View Post

As someone from the North I prefer the evening games. We saw last year that if you have any train issues you can end up with people missing the game, and even if it runs fine, you dont exactly have much time pre-game. So you end up needing a hotel anyway. Sunday is a lot lot cheaper for hotels than Saturday.
Old 26.03.2017, 06:16 AM
Pro

Totally agree with the late games and the hotel issue.

The last 5 tears I've been to all Wembley games and managed to get rooms on the Sunday evenings from between £29 and £35 by booking in advance. So it's a no brained for me..it costs almost nothing to stay over and if you really cannot get the morning off work then have an early night after the game and get up a 4am for the trip home..job done.
Old 21.04.2017, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Kickoff times and dates for all 2017 London Games announced

Full information on the 2017 London Games can now be found here following the 2017 schedule release.
Old 21.04.2017, 07:37 AM
Rookie

ah well

that kick off time for the rams game means I now only have 1 chance left to see a game this year and the browns game it is