Let the team pick you - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 11.08.2017, 08:15 PM
Rookie

Default Let the team pick you

So I've followed the NFL for the last 3/4 years, I thought I was swayed by 1 team in particular, however recently I've found myself not really being swayed by them, and looking into other teams

I've seen other people on here say don't force it, let the team pick you

How did you let your team pick you?
How did you know that was the team for you?
Sponsored Links
Old 12.08.2017, 09:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMS View Post
So I've followed the NFL for the last 3/4 years, I thought I was swayed by 1 team in particular, however recently I've found myself not really being swayed by them, and looking into other teams

Definitely -if you're not sold on a team then they're not your team (yet) or you're not ready to choose. Just watch games, listen to podcasts etc. You'll find you get into one particular team eventually probably - someone you really want to win, someone you really don't want to lose, someone you identify with and say 'that's my team'. What is pretty pointless is doing something like picking a name out of a hat and then sitting down watching Gamepass or whatever trying to force yourself to like them for no reason other than it was what some random indicator told you to do.
Old 13.08.2017, 11:36 AM
Rookie

How did you know Steelers were your team? Just wanted them to win more than anyone else?
Old 13.08.2017, 01:50 PM
Starter

Whilst I was always impressed with certain plays during a game, it didn't sell me on the entire team.
It wasn't until I started watching features like Hard knocks, all or nothing & NFL Presents films that I started to see the players that made the team. Getting introduced to the players, getting to know the staff & history of the team.
Great way to pad out the off season

It wasn't until All Or Nothing with the Arizona Cardinals that I picked my team
Names & personalities that stick with you & make an impression for the right reason. So I find myself personally invested in Cardinal games & cheering on my favourite players.

While you can argue it's all media spin to promote all the teams positively ...
I finished some features disliking teams I considered neutral before. It's great to add some personality to the games!

What swayed you off your current team?
As line up changes so does the attitude of the team ... so some have become right di*****ds
Old 13.08.2017, 10:58 PM
Rookie

Not sure what swayed me off the current team, I guess variety of things, not sure if it'd be a place I want to visit, costs of flights if I did, and just felt lately not really having a connection with that team. Be nice to find a team with some sort of connection with
Old 14.08.2017, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Out of curiosity is there a list of what each team's main colour would be?

When looking for a team I'd want them ideally to wear the same colour as my football team which is Navy blue and White?
Old 14.08.2017, 08:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
How did you know Steelers were your team? Just wanted them to win more than anyone else?
To be honest I'm not the best person to ask as I was a Steelers fan before I ever really understood what football was. I had a Steelers t-shirt when I was about 7-8 years old (I'm 32 now). Presumably my parents bought it for me. I got into NFL via Saturday mornings in the year of Super Bowl 28, so 1993/94... mostly finding out the results through teletext when it came to playoff time! But already the Steelers were my team. So it grew from there. Used to ask my dad to bring me back Steelers stuff whenever he had a business trip to America since he worked for an American company. Then I lost touch with NFL for a good few years and got back into it 10 years ago but again when I got back into it there was no doubt who my team were. And since then I've been to Pittsburgh 4 times and seen 3 Steelers road games too (1 in London).

But if I were getting into the sport as an adult with no connection to any team then I'd just watch games and see who I took to.
Old 14.08.2017, 08:21 PM
MVP

Quote:
Out of curiosity is there a list of what each team's main colour would be?

When looking for a team I'd want them ideally to wear the same colour as my football team which is Navy blue and White?
If you go on Wikipedia each team's page shows their jerseys. All teams have one white jersey and one coloured jersey. Some teams have two different coloured jerseys. Almost always (apart from gimmicky Thursday games) every game in the NFL features one team wearing their colours and the other team wearing white. For the most part, the home team wears their colours. However there are exceptions to this, for example the Cowboys wear white at home (except on Thanksgiving), the LA Rams also wear white at home now and some teams wear white when playing games in the daytime in the hot weather in the southern cities, e.g. Miami, San Diego, Tampa, switching to coloured jerseys for home games in the evenings or November/December.

The reason for colours versus whites dates back to the days of black and white TV: it was easy to tell which team was which. I like the tradition, personally.

If navy is your colour you are in luck: a lot of NFL teams seem to have navy colour schemes. Off the top of my head, Seattle, the LA Rams (though they will probably go back to royal blue in a few years now they've returned to LA), LA Chargers, New England, Chicago, Houston.
Old 14.08.2017, 10:57 PM
Rookie

Cheers mate

If anyone else has any recommendations let me know

Few teams are catching my eye so just want the season to start now to get watching them and see who attracts me
Old 16.08.2017, 07:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:

im in a similar position.been following avidly for about 3 years. picked the seahawks as my father in law lives in washington and sends me merch. however i very rarely watch a full game as im always up early on a monday and seahawks generally dont play the 6pm games and i often find myself more interested in other teams...glad its not just me ha.