Let the team pick you - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 04.09.2017, 09:17 PM
All Pro

There must be footage of Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield barking at opponents and the Dawg Pound showering the field with dog biscuits. That confirmed the Browns as my team. I only hope it can be that good again!
Sponsored Links
Old 05.09.2017, 05:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafctexan View Post
Just choose the Texans and be done with it.

Right colours
Great characters
Great coach
Fantastic stadium
Amazing city, Texans are amongst the friendliest people I've ever met.
The SB is coming sooner rather than later
Bill O'Brian is a great coach?

He might make a great coach driver, but certainly not a great NFL coach.
Old 05.09.2017, 12:17 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Bill O'Brian is a great coach?

He might make a great coach driver, but certainly not a great NFL coach.
I don't know.

Taking a team with no real QB into the play-offs as division winners two years running, last year with Osweiler and no JJ. it's not bad going.
Old 07.09.2017, 11:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
I don't know.

Taking a team with no real QB into the play-offs as division winners two years running, last year with Osweiler and no JJ. it's not bad going.
Against the AFC South. I'm not sure that would have worked in many other divisions.
Old 08.09.2017, 02:30 PM
Starter

I'd be interested to hear who the team TLMS had as his team but went off.

I feel like I will agree with European Bob too, if you really want to go and see a team in the states, you'll go see anyone. If it's just seeing a team, the Jags and Rams have a few games scheduled in London too as I'm sure you know.
Old 16.09.2017, 11:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
I don't know.

To be fair about 2/3 of the teams in the league would have won the AFC South if they were in it instead of the Texans in recent years.
Old 23.09.2017, 04:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMS View Post
The other thing I don't want is bright colours ha, like I'd get a team cap, but for example Broncos, their main caps are bright orange, i couldn't;t be doing with something like that!\

(I am aware this sounds very childish too, but just certain colours I couldn't have due to being the opposing colours of football rivals for example)
I have four Broncos baseball caps and they are all blue.

Have posted this before, but seeing as how you asked earlier in the thread about how we chose our teams.... until 2009 I didn't have a team. Had been to see Dallas at Washington, had done stadium tours of about three or four stadiums while in the USA, but didn't have a team. Visited Denver in 2009 for the first time, and went to do the stadium tour. As it was the height of summer, turned out the tour was very quiet. So quiet in fact the tour consisted of three people - me, my wife, and a young American guy. He was a soldier, wearing full desert fatigues and carrying the largest rucksack you've ever seen. Turned out he was a Broncos fan who lived in California, and was on his way home from a tour of duty in Iraq. He had never even managed to do a stadium tour before, so, even though he was desperate to see his family in California, he had chosen to fly to Denver just to do the tour.

The tour guide was an elderly gent. Looked like KFCs Colonel Sanders with the white hair and goatee. He welcomed us to the tour, and told the soldier that to thank him for his service, and the huge effort he'd made, the tour would be on the house. He also told us he would take us to places not normally allowed on the tour. So, instead of the visitors locker room, we got to see the Broncos locker room, and he allowed us a peek into the Bowlen family private suites, plus other places normally off-limits. The young guy was absolutely made-up. The tour guide made him feel great...

So, we left with an excellent impression of the Broncos, through the great PR of an experienced employee. The tour guide said there were no high hopes for the team at that time. An 8-8 season with Kyle Orton at QB would be acceptable. We chose the Broncos as our team from that moment.

If we add together the impression made on us by the tour guide, and the extremely friendly welcome we enjoyed in Denver, plus the fact we thought it was a great city, then we reckoned that having eventually found our team, we'd found a good one.

We've since been back to Denver three times, did the stadium tour again, and went to New England @ Denver when we won in OT under Osweiler at QB.

If you haven't chosen a team yet, and can get past your aversion to the colour orange.... I recommend the Broncos to you. Well, I would, wouldn't I!?