NBA Thread - Page 627 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 06.07.2019, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

The LA Clippers are now the favourites to win the NBA Finals next year. I never thought I’d ever type those words while sober. Damn bookies have adjusted their odds already just as I thought as I was going to get great value.
Old 06.07.2019, 08:49 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
The Clippers have signed Kawhi Leonard and traded FIVE 1st rd picks and two pick swaps with Shai GA and Gallinari to OKC for Paul George.

KABOOM!!!!
A very impressive effort by the Clippers in pulling that off and is going to be an exciting season in the NBA. The West will be a real slugfest but Clippers are definitely the strongest right now.

Disappointed for the Lakers but wonder now if we were ever in with a real shot of signing Kawhi? Was it because Magic leaked details of his meeting with Kawhi or was the delay in Kawhi deciding more about giving time for the George trade to happen...and it stopped us signing other marquee players at the start of free agency which seems like another good move by Kawhi, not that I am bitter.

Wonder too how Russell Westbrook is feeling.
Old 07.07.2019, 05:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
A very impressive effort by the Clippers in pulling that off and is going to be an exciting season in the NBA. The West will be a real slugfest but Clippers are definitely the strongest right now.

Disappointed for the Lakers but wonder now if we were ever in with a real shot of signing Kawhi? Was it because Magic leaked details of his meeting with Kawhi or was the delay in Kawhi deciding more about giving time for the George trade to happen...and it stopped us signing other marquee players at the start of free agency which seems like another good move by Kawhi, not that I am bitter.

Wonder too how Russell Westbrook is feeling.
if the Lakers had pushed for Kawhi they would have had there 3 super stars but pretty much nothing else to fill out there roster so maybe long term its better and seems Kawhi wasn't to excited about joining a super team rather than getting George and starting his own with the Clippers.

the Lakers have used some of the cap money on DeMarcus Cousins on a 1 year $3.5m and Rondo for less than $3m.

one thing with the Lakers is they are still paying off Loul Deng who they waived last year and have $5m allocated for the next 3 seasons.
Old 16.07.2019, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul.
Old 16.07.2019, 07:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul.
Chris Paul wont be there long,pretty sure i read the Thunder have a ton of 1st round draft picks(maybe 12) over the next few years now but not much of a team.
Old 16.07.2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Chris Paul wont be there long,pretty sure i read the Thunder have a ton of 1st round draft picks(maybe 12) over the next few years now but not much of a team.
Miami and OKC have been in trade talks but apparently reached a standstill in discussions regards compensation. OKC are in a full blown rebuild and it doesn’t make sense for them to keep an ageing Paul on a huge contract.
Old 17.07.2019, 05:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Miami and OKC have been in trade talks but apparently reached a standstill in discussions regards compensation. OKC are in a full blown rebuild and it doesn’t make sense for them to keep an ageing Paul on a huge contract.
think they where super happy to shift Westbrook and his 4 year $170m but now they may need to use some draft picks to help sweeten the Paul trade with his 3 years $120m contract.