Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 08.08.2011, 08:48 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp View Post
Not sure how you mean by confirm it works in the Netherlands, but I can tell you that Game Pass is available in the Netherlands and there are quite a number of subscribers from that territory the last few years. So yes, I guess I can confirm it's works there.

Nice one.Cheers.No blackouts either
Old 08.08.2011, 11:26 PM
All Pro

Do we get Arena Football over here? I see theres some on at 1am our time but I'm not sure if we get it?
Old 08.08.2011, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Pac View Post
Do we get Arena Football over here? I see theres some on at 1am our time but I'm not sure if we get it?
I watched one of last weeks games on NFL.com, that was before I'd bought Gamepass so I'm sure we will get tonights too.
Old 09.08.2011, 12:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
While the blackouts are frustrating, its clear that if the people who resort to illegal broadcasts to watch the games changed to legit methods, the price for gamepass may actually be a lot less for subscribers
This obviously belongs in the 'Jokes' thread. Or is there an 'unbelievably naive statements' thread somewhere?
Old 09.08.2011, 12:11 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
This obviously belongs in the 'Jokes' thread. Or is there an 'unbelievably naive statements' thread somewhere?
Why is it naive to think that if more people used Gamepass, they could eventually afford to reduce the price?
Old 09.08.2011, 12:17 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
Why is it naive to think that if more people used Gamepass, they could eventually afford to reduce the price?
Simple really - that's not how Capitalism works. Never has, never will.
Do you seriously believe an enterprise dealing in a $9 billion revenue machine can't afford to offer Gamepass at a cheaper price?
Old 09.08.2011, 12:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
The point I was actually making was with regards to amount of revenue that the nfl loses out on as a result of illegal streaming and downloading of games, which i imagine would be quite a lot.

Is it that ridiculous to think that the price of Gamepass could be higher for subscribers as a result of this, in order to compensate for this loss in revenue?

I think you'll find the answer is no.
Old 09.08.2011, 12:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
The point I was actually making was with regards to amount of revenue that the nfl loses out on as a result of illegal streaming and downloading of games, which i imagine would be quite a lot.

Is it that ridiculous to think that the price of Gamepass could be higher for subscribers as a result of this, in order to compensate for this loss in revenue?

Now you have simply shifted your emphasis to imagined losses as a justification for the high price of Gamepass, equally ludicrous.

Look at it another way - since the NFL has established itself as the undisputed No1 sport in America over the last 20 years, have ticket prices gone down? Has the cost of merchandise gone down?

Old 09.08.2011, 01:01 AM
Starter

In theory the NFL selling more gamepass would make it cheaper for them to offer. In reality, it tells whoever makes these decisions that demand is higher (for whatever reason illegal streams are made less of a viable competitior) so we can jack the price up as people clearly want this product and with many new customers, the few unwilling to pay we lose will be outstripped by the amount willing to pay more.

As someone much more intelligent than I once said "The answer to all of your questions is money"
Old 09.08.2011, 04:43 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocowman View Post
In theory the NFL selling more gamepass would make it cheaper for them to offer. In reality, it tells whoever makes these decisions that demand is higher (for whatever reason illegal streams are made less of a viable competitior) so we can jack the price up as people clearly want this product and with many new customers, the few unwilling to pay we lose will be outstripped by the amount willing to pay more.
Exactly.

If you're not happy with NFL Gamepass the best thing to do is not buy it rather than buy it and hope it gets better in the future. If NFL see the number of subscribers dropping they'll realise they need to do something to reverse that trend like drop the price.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass