NBA Thread - Page 197 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.07.2010, 01:28 AM
Rookie

Lebron just announced on EPSN he is going to Miami.

What a circus.
Old 09.07.2010, 01:35 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellinter1 View Post
Put a bet on Miami to win the championship next year. Only got 8/1 but if the rumours of James and Bosh heading to Miami are true then $$$$$.
Posted that 11 days ago. I put a little more on at 9/1 a few days ago.
You think I can spend my money now?
Old 09.07.2010, 01:46 AM
Rookie

nice punt bellinter1.

NBA is definitely going to be amazing to watch next season
Old 09.07.2010, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Old 09.07.2010, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is, shall we say, not best pleased by LeBron's ''cowardly betrayal''

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

Old 09.07.2010, 08:15 AM
All Pro

The Cavs owners has showed less than no class there, and his guarantee to win an NBA championship before LeBron is a foolish one because the Heat will automatically be one of the favourites to get to the finals next year now.

However I'm very dissappointed in LeBrons decision too. He's basically just pimped himself out to the team that will offer him the best chance of a title and he's young enough that he doesn't need to do that yet!

I'd have been OK with him signing with the Knicks, Nets or back with the Cavs to try and establish that franchise as a force and being the focal point of an organisation.
I honestly think he has taken the cowards way out, go and play with other superstars so that the pressure isn't solely on him and he has others to take the media glare.
If he'd have stayed with the Cavs or gone to New York/Jersey then it would have been good for Basketball in general as there would be more teams contending....instead all he's done is created probably the automatic favourite for the east.

I think its the opposite of exciting for basketball, I think it makes it predictable and boring next year now. You can circle 3 maybe 4 teams that will be genuine contenders
Old 09.07.2010, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert is, shall we say, not best pleased by LeBron's ''cowardly betrayal''

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

Wow!
That is shameful. LBJ gave 7 years to Cleveland and thats his thanks. He owes them nothing. They have several bad contracts from trying to build a team for him to win a championship so there in terrible shape to win before James.
I am sure he was bitterly dissappointed and his emotions got the best of him. Hopefully he will retract that letter or apologise for it.
Old 09.07.2010, 12:02 PM
All Pro

I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ON.

Thats hilarious. Cleveland couldnt win one with him, let alone win one without him.
Old 09.07.2010, 12:32 PM
Starter

Not really, LBJ has gone from a local hero and promising to win the home town a ring to a big headed prick with no class. You could see by the fact that he had a whole hour dedicated to him slapping the Cavs in the face going back on so many so called promises and go help another person win a title. He's had turned his back on a city that did so much for so long to help hype him up and give his name to just pretty much tell them he thinks there nothing.

I in general like the note that Dan Gilbert came out with, it obviously shows that LeBron has lied to them in negotiation talks and it is a rallying cry to get the fans behind the team and forget James. I personally like it an I am glad and really hope that there is a new found hope and desire for the Cavs.

I'm also not too sure that the Heat will win anything, I say this because they have 3 players with massive egos and I know that there will be trouble ahead.
Old 09.07.2010, 01:45 PM
MVP

What was missed in all of this was KD signing a 5 year $88million deal extentsion to the Thunder, it took him less than a minute to say yes on a below max contract despite being a top 5 player in the league. Als o mens they should be able to keep Westbrook and Green and have room to make a signing if they choose. The heat wont have championships easy as the Lakers arent sliding, the Celtics proabbaly have 1 more year in them and then the Thunder over the next 3-7 years should be a real force.