Need help picking a team? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Old 29.10.2010, 12:38 AM
Hall of Fame

Dolphins - You, up-and-coming team, with a decent defence, but a boring offence

Titans - One of the best HB's in the league, and a decent defence, but below average QB play

Chiefs - Really young, developing team, with a good ground game and poor passing game. Has the defensive talent to be a force in 2-3 years time, and a division that's not very good, so a chance to be a decent playoff team.

Giants - Always a solid defence, and this year have a very blaanced offence, but normally are very run-heavy

Seahawks - Need consistent QB play and a solid HB to produce behind a rebuilding line. Defence needs work, but has some playmakers

Patriots - Very young team with a porous defence that should get better over time. Probably the best passing attack in the league though.

I'm biased, and love aerial attacks, so I'd go Patriots. but as a neutral, I'd pick Kansas City, no joke.
Old 29.10.2010, 06:19 PM
All Pro

Go for the Cheifs. They are a young team going in the right direction and could maybe do somerhing in a few years. They got a tidy stadium with some great fans and I quite like their jersey's too.
Old 29.10.2010, 06:46 PM
Team Captain

[QUOTE=JOHN_P;1227165]I would like the team to have a good front office who know what they are doing, and will build a team to contend for the Superbowl for many years, even if they are at the bottom of the league for a few more seasons. so basically a team with a very bright future.[/QUOTEthr

four sides who have very bright futures in my opinion.

Chiefs- look like they have finally find a way to be consistent

Buccaneers- They have young fresh set of players such as Josh Freeman (One day maybe an elite Qb) and Mike Williams a top reciever.

Browns- He was told he wasnt going to play this year but he has Colt Mccoy is just one of the reasons the Browns are a side to watch out for. Another good reason is the defence that has risen to 24th in the league from 31st.

Rams- Sam Bradford looks like a awesome Qb who has given the rams offence the boost it needed and stephen jackson is easily in the top 10 running backs in the league. Plus the defence has risen from 29th to 15th.

These any many more are great reason to be fans of these sides.
Old 29.10.2010, 06:46 PM
Team Captain

[QUOTE=steelersguy;1227881][QUOTE=JOHN_P;1227165]I would like the team to have a good front office who know what they are doing, and will build a team to contend for the Superbowl for many years, even if they are at the bottom of the league for a few more seasons. so basically a team with a very bright future.[/QUOTEthr

four sides who have very bright futures in my opinion.

Chiefs- look like they have finally find a way to be consistent

Buccaneers- They have young fresh set of players such as Josh Freeman (One day maybe an elite Qb) and Mike Williams a top reciever.

Browns- He was told he wasnt going to play this year but he has Colt Mccoy is just one of the reasons the Browns are a side to watch out for. Another good reason is the defence that has risen to 24th in the league from 31st.

Rams- Sam Bradford looks like a awesome Qb who has given the rams offence the boost it needed and stephen jackson is easily in the top 10 running backs in the league. Plus the defence has risen from 29th to 15th.

These any many more are great reason to be fans of these sides.
Old 30.10.2010, 07:56 AM
Starter

Personally I'd recommend the Titans. In my opinion they have the nicest uniforms in the league, a great Stadium, a smart Head Coach in Jeff Fisher and a decent bunch of players. They are in a tough Division in the AFC South but in my opinion they are capable of winning it every year with consistency at QB. Otherwise I'd have to say the Cheifs, young up and coming side with a top Rushing attack with Jamal Charles and Thomas Jones in the backfield. A decent QB with Matt Cassel and a mix of youth and experience in the defence. They also have one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL. So for me it has to be one of those teams. Also I believe Nashville is a nice city to visit. Haven't heard much about Kansas City.
Old 30.10.2010, 09:30 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan75 View Post
An ex-Dolphins fan telling somebody to support the Chiefs instead of the Dolphins.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................
If he was a true dolphins fan he would not have stopped supporting them.
Old 31.10.2010, 12:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Seahawks would be perfect because right now you'd be getting in at the ground level.

They just hired one of the most successful college football coaches of all-time, they are in rebuilding mode, they have TWO first round draft picks next year, need a QB so you can follow the QBs in college football this year. So, you have nowhere to go but up, can look forward to the draft, Seattle is a great city to visit and their new coach brings enthusiam, high-energy and a philosophy of "always compete and win forever."

Plus, he wrote this awesome book so you have something to read if they suck.

http://www.amazon.com/Win-Forever-Li.../dp/1591843235

And then you can read this for a history of his college coaching career.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031...2KKP6SWG6RHB38

Oh, and Seattle has the best home-field advantage, which is always nice.