Doctor Who - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 14.05.2011, 08:53 PM
MVP

I loved tonight's episode.I've not seen many of the old Doctor Who so I can't say it's one of the best ever,but It's one of the best of the new who episodes in my honest opinion.

I hope Gaiman comes back to write more episodes.
Old 14.05.2011, 09:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
I loved tonight's episode.I've not seen many of the old Doctor Who so I can't say it's one of the best ever,but It's one of the best of the new who episodes in my honest opinion.

I hope Gaiman comes back to write more episodes.
Agreed. I thought the episode was very well realised, and went to show again how brilliant Matt Smith can be. Very understated, doesn't put as much energy into the emotions as David Tennant did, but they comes across just as brilliantly. The scenes in the Tardis corridors were also very well done, and surprising to see considering the nature of the show.

I don't think it will be seen as an episode that a lot of people will like, but those that do will like it a lot. I'd be glad to see Neil Gaiman write more, but I don't think he should do too many episodes like that, they're all well and good, but not the type of concept you would want to be seeing every week.

I do get a little annoyed with the constant reminders of the Doctor's death though, I don't mind them doing it, it's just that the scene at the start of today's episode was far too obviously a reminder. Something more subtle would be a lot better.
Old 14.05.2011, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Good episode tonight. Good plot and decent character portrayals. The stuff with Rory waiting for ever in the Tardis corridor was pretty freaky.

I guess the constant reminders about the doctors death are needed, it seems to be the main anchor point for this season. Even though it will most likely be September/October before we find anything of any note out.

And what was the line the Tardis woman said near the end? Something about a river in a forest? River Song???
Old 15.05.2011, 01:39 PM
Hall of Fame

apparantly the bbc are splitting the series into two so the 2nd half in my eyes i've heard can take on the xfactor. which would be an interesting matchup.

also the bbc are leaving us on a cliffhanger where river song tells us just wtf (who) she actually is i've heard.
Old 15.05.2011, 03:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
apparantly the bbc are splitting the series into two so the 2nd half in my eyes i've heard can take on the xfactor. which would be an interesting matchup.

also the bbc are leaving us on a cliffhanger where river song tells us just wtf (who) she actually is i've heard.
Didn't realise it was to compete with the Xfactor. I assumed it was to avoid the lack of viewing numbers through the summer holiday period......

Interesting. They clearly will leave us on a cliff-hanger, but what it will be I can't see....
Old 17.05.2011, 08:05 AM
MVP

It was for the viewing figures, not for the competition. It was a decision made my the production team rather than the BBC on its own.

By the end of the first series we will find out who the person in the astronaut suit was, and it's said to be a massive cliffhanger. I for one can't wait.
Old 17.05.2011, 04:15 PM
Starter

she Ood have officially become the redshirts of the series.... I think my favorite line was when Nephew got vaporized and the Doctor kind of shrugged off about "oh, oops, I guess I killed another one of them"
Old 22.05.2011, 03:03 AM
Starter

ok... tonights episode.... thoughts:

decent episode, not great, not my favorite of the series, but ok....

I'm a bit bothered by it, because I think a few things are now rather predictable.... hopefully they don't drag this out forever...

1.) Next week's will be a fun romp of the humans and gangers trying to kill each other and arriving at some peace... the doctor will struggle to deal with his doppelganger and they will somehow team up in the end.

2.) The Doctor's "Ganger" is obviously the dude the dude that got killed in episode 1

3.) at some point the doctor will become aware of his fate and his ganger will go on the 200 year adventure having "fun"... then decide to go back, have a nice picnic with friends, then get blasted

should the doctor's ganger get killed at some point, then still, it seems obvious the "Flesh" is somehow involved, whether a new doctor is made or whatever.

also, maybe River did kill the Doctor... (I thought it was too obvious until now)

i don't know, there are like 500 things that need to be worked out... but right now I'm kinda hoping the writers are going to surprise me and they don't hit each point I mentioned above.
Old 22.05.2011, 04:35 PM
GOAT

I dunno but I know I am struggling with this series. . you can tell the writers have changed for sure. .I am not connecting with it as I have previously.
Old 22.05.2011, 05:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
I dunno but I know I am struggling with this series. . you can tell the writers have changed for sure. .I am not connecting with it as I have previously.
I'm liking it.... especially the Doctor's Wife episode, I thought it was one of the better ones.

The number of individual hints dropped throughout are starting to get a bit mind-numbing though, I'm just ignoring the lady peeking through the walls at Amy bit at the moment... and the whole pregnancy thing.

one thing that is really bugging me... what is going on with Rory? He has died, in real life or within stories, several times... has to be something weird going on with him... why did the Doctor say the Flesh weren't after Rory last night?