draft time - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 26.04.2012, 11:02 AM
Starter

Default draft time

does anyone know what time we are due on the board?
Old 26.04.2012, 12:44 PM
All Pro

Depends if we stay at 14. If we do i'd imagine it'd be around 2.30-3am.
Old 26.04.2012, 05:59 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_8 View Post
Depends if we stay at 14. If we do i'd imagine it'd be around 2.30-3am.
its gonna be a long night
Old 27.04.2012, 02:15 AM
Pro

Cowboys trade up to 6th to get Morris Claibourne!!!! With Carr and Claibourne our secondary just got a huge upgrade!!

Last edited by Sportsdude360; 27.04.2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 27.04.2012, 08:48 AM
Rookie

I think I must be the only person who thinks this is a horrible pick. OK sure Claiborne is a very good player and will be an improvement on Jenkins but our positional need was either safety or D-Line and when you see the likes of Barron, Poe, Cox, Brockers, Couples and Ingram (the last two after our original number 14 draft pick) it does make you wonder.

The thought that we could have got either Couples or Ingram and kept our 2nd rounder does make me mad that we traded up for a CB.

The only logical reason I can see for it is that Garrett or Ryan sees one of Claiborne, Carr, Jenkins or Scandrick as a potential safety or we are planning to use Jenkins as part of some kind of trade.

If this was the 2013 draft and Jenkins was gone I would understand the pick but with Carr, Jenkins and Scandrick already under contract I do not see the logic of picking a Cornerback at all.
Old 27.04.2012, 08:54 AM
All Pro

I get your point about giving up the 2nd rounder but i think the chance to grab a corner like Claiborne was just too much to pass up. He really does it all and is a great addition.

I don't think Dallas was in love with any of the guys you mention, they were all potential whereas Claiborne is a day one starter and elite prospect.
Old 27.04.2012, 09:13 AM
Rookie

Don't get me wrong to trade up 8 places to number 6 in the draft for only a mid 2nd round pick is a bargin and as I said Claiborne is an obvious upgrade on Jenkins but there were and are other needs which need addressing ahead of CB.

Barron was widely seen as the one of the best players in his position in this draft (behind perhaps Trent Richardson) so I fail to see how we could not have been hot on him espcially as it is such an obvious need.

I even forgot about Hightower who as it turns out we could have even traded down to get and maybe bag an extra 2nd rounder in the process. Our problem with the cornerback position was that Jenkins was banged up and Newman was past it - well Jenkins will be fit by pre-season after his surgery and Carr is an upgrade on Newman thus no more addressing was needed. My biggest worry is the pass rush - yes we have probably the best pass rusher in the league in Ware but our defensive end positions are very worrying. I personally would have taken Poe (which I know as it turns out would have meant trading up but maybe only at the cost of a 3rd rounder rather than a 2nd). I know there has been a lot of talk about him being a boom or bust player but I think he would have been worth the risk because it would have freed up Ratliff to play DE which in turn would have helped out Spencer on the pass rush. So with one pick you are effectively improving three positions
Old 27.04.2012, 10:09 AM
Starter

claiborn was just to big an opportunity to pass on, i think we will trade jenkins for a second round pick, and improve pass rush there.
Old 27.04.2012, 10:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannidan View Post
claiborn was just to big an opportunity to pass on, i think we will trade jenkins for a second round pick, and improve pass rush there.
Now if that were to happen I think I would be pretty pleased.

As long as there is a plan in place - move one of Carr, Claiborne, Jenkins or Scandrick to safety or trade Jenkins for a 2nd rounder then that would be fine.
Old 27.04.2012, 10:44 AM
Team Captain

I love this pick.

We will miss that 2nd round pick but in return we get the best defensive player in the draft who just happens to be a big, physical, ball hawking CB.

Exactly what the Cowboys need for the type of defense that Rob Ryan wants to run.