What Grinds Your Gears - Page 76 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #751  
Old 19.09.2012, 11:35 AM
Woolley_Man's Avatar
Woolley_Man Woolley_Man is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.09.2003
Posts: 7,862
Default

The general attitude towards people who are overweight tends to grinds my gears. Most people seem quick to judge every person who is overweight as being a lazy so and so who eats too much and does no exercise. This is true in a lot of cases.

But overeating and obesity can be a symptom of mental illness, medical conditions or even the side effects of medicine.

But I suppose it's all part of the bigger "people are too quick to judge others" issue which is what really grinds my gears.
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 19.09.2012, 11:35 AM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
People who eat themselves to a disgusting size and expect the taxpayer to foot the bill for a gastric this that and the other because they can't put down the fork and go for a jog, then whinge about how they eat because they're unhappy and they're unhappy because they're so overweight. I'd rather pay for a smoker's lung transplant than some fatty to have a balloon put in their stomach. Nicoteine is physically addictive, choosing McD's over a salad isn't!

(and no, I don't smoke, I just hate smokers being made the healt boogeymen while lard buckets are given a free pass!)
i would prefer not to pay for either lol but for smoking is worse as i just cant get my head around it at least people need to eat, maybe not those items and maybe not in those quantities but at least thats a base need (also some people bodies work a bit different but again its not everyone and its rarely 100% down to that.)

its the starting i dont get, i never have and never saw why anyone would want to smoke.
while being lazy and eating, well that sounds like a nice day

(erm i dont know who gives out there free passes but most groups tend to get it in the neck)
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 19.09.2012, 12:04 PM
Boatman's Avatar
Boatman Boatman is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 03.09.2008
Posts: 837
Default

People who trivialise psychological addiction through ill informed or ignorant bias and use anecdotal evidence to try illustrate that psychological addiction is down to nothing but weakness in others.
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 19.09.2012, 12:17 PM
Dave C's Avatar
Dave C Dave C is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2010
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, obviously people need to eat!

I had a king sized pizza to myself watching the double-header on Sunday night, but I went jogging for an hour that morning, had a salad the next night and I walk more than 3 miles every weekday to balance stuff like that out. Then I read about people whose house has to be cut open and they have to be crane-lifted out because they eat kilos of chocolate and chips everyday. They've done it to themselves, why should the public pay to fix it?
I was just saying that you were comparing smoking to over eating. But for some eating is as addictive as smoking.
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 19.09.2012, 12:40 PM
Dave C's Avatar
Dave C Dave C is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 15.10.2010
Posts: 3,048
Default

People who turn two second conversations into two hour conversations.

For example, I just asked someone where the nearest shop is... I got his whole life story! No need.
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 19.09.2012, 12:40 PM
Montanamagic's Avatar
Montanamagic Montanamagic is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 09.08.2007
Posts: 14,963
Default

Kids going back to school after the holidays because you just know that inside 10 days they'll bring germs home. Sure enough, woke up this morning, minging, absolutely full of cold.
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 19.09.2012, 01:57 PM
Boatman's Avatar
Boatman Boatman is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 03.09.2008
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
People who turn two second conversations into two hour conversations.

For example, I just asked someone where the nearest shop is... I got his whole life story! No need.
"We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 19.09.2012, 02:11 PM
the_walrus's Avatar
the_walrus the_walrus is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 25.10.2010
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
"We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "
Nickels, you say?

"Ah, there's an interesting story behind this nickel. In 1957, I remember it was, I got up in the morning and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three: medium brown...."
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 19.09.2012, 04:27 PM
mattchew's Avatar
mattchew mattchew is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 09.09.2007
Posts: 2,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Hardcore NFL fans who call the Bucs the Buccs
I actually do this deliberately in the same way other fans say Aints os Saints*
Childish I know, but there you have it!
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 19.09.2012, 04:35 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchew View Post
I actually do this deliberately in the same way other fans say Aints os Saints*
Childish I know, but there you have it!
I thought you were known as the Taints?!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:45 PM.