Brandin Cooks - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 31.07.2014, 06:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Brandin Cooks

Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the offense this season, he has some promise for sure but they say WR is the 2nd hardest position to play and it is extremely rare for a rookie WR to record anything near impressive numbers.

Last edited by CitrusPlayer; 31.07.2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 31.07.2014, 06:54 PM
Starter

Some amazing rookie WR's at this years draft, I knew we were in for a Receiver this season, so thats the only research I did. I thought we would have gone for Cody Latimer but he fell to 56 (10th Wide-out taken). Lets hope Crooks is one of the best of the new guys.
Old 31.07.2014, 08:44 PM
Pro Bowler

I think in time he will be decent at least.
Old 31.07.2014, 09:06 PM
Team Captain

I think he has the potential to be a go-to receiver on screen passes - he's got great hands, agility, and he's fast - and if it does pan out that way, in this offense he could put up some seriously impressive numbers.

Obviously this is just training camp feedback, but he's already generating a fair bit of buzz. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...eans_sain.html Be interesting to see how he does in pre-season.
Old 01.08.2014, 05:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathrael View Post
I think he has the potential to be a go-to receiver on screen passes - he's got great hands, agility, and he's fast - and if it does pan out that way, in this offense he could put up some seriously impressive numbers.

Obviously this is just training camp feedback, but he's already generating a fair bit of buzz. http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...eans_sain.html Be interesting to see how he does in pre-season.
Yeh, I understand that he will play nickel so wont always be on the field but his pace will be useful when needed.
Old 02.08.2014, 08:00 AM
Hall of Fame

I think Payton will play him all over the field, out wide, slot, backfield.
He should bring the open field running of Sproles, utilised in a similar way to how Harvin has been used.

But for similar players look at Tavon Austin....not easy for rookies to make their mark, although Cooks has the advantage of Brees and Payton. Austin had Clemmons throwing him the ball.
Old 04.08.2014, 05:31 PM
Pro Bowler

You may well be right, time will tell I suppose.... things certainly look promising...