Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 118 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 17.06.2017, 07:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Anyone watching the Le Mans 24 Hours? I am (in between flicking over to the Argentina V England rugger match on BBC2). My fave cycling rambler extraordinaire Carlton Kirby is on the comms at the moment, and as we speak the Toyota team are 1-2-4, no danger of them blowing up at any time... yet...
Old 17.06.2017, 11:19 PM
MVP

toyota what
Old 24.06.2017, 08:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
toyota what
As the old advertising slogan goes: "The Car Out In Front (with its engine manifold and suspension components strewn all over the Mulsanne Straight) Is A Toyota".
Old 25.06.2017, 03:24 PM
MVP

Great morning's MotoGP in all 3 races. That was a wonderful Grand Prix for fans of the safety car. Luckily, there was a replay of the Eskimos vs the BC Lions on BT Sport (which is now in the 4th quarter) to give me something to watch when the cars weren't doing much.
Lewis got the crap car again.
Old 25.06.2017, 05:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Great morning's MotoGP in all 3 races. That was a wonderful Grand Prix for fans of the safety car. Luckily, there was a replay of the Eskimos vs the BC Lions on BT Sport (which is now in the 4th quarter) to give me something to watch when the cars weren't doing much.
Lewis got the crap car again.
guess without the safety cars it would have been an easy win for Hamilton with Vettle in 2nd but with the crashes and debris we got to see some fast cars out of position making for some real exciting racing.street circuits definetly improve F1.
Old 25.06.2017, 09:30 PM
MVP

I think we need a couple of Moto3 special mentions:

A big 'well done' to McPhee for starting 19th and finishing 3rd.
A huge 'tough luck, mate!' to Bendsneyder, who lost 10th place when the stewards realized that he wasn't actually attached to his bike when both of them slid over the finishing line.
Old 26.06.2017, 12:25 PM
All Pro

Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
Incredible race, I think the carnage and the drama from vehicles crashing and having faults combined with the fact that there is overtaking on this circuit makes it quite a spectacle. If I'm working during the grand prix next year, I'll consider booking it off!

1. Daniel Ricciardo - What a race from him, qualifies low for him in 10th, pits early due to debris, over takes 3 cars at once and ends up winning with some fortune. Still on a high from my £500 win from a £5 bet on him.

2. Valtteri Bottas - Predicted him to come second, but not like this. I think he was a little bit more to blame than Raikkonen if there was someone to blame for the turn 1 crash. He got lucky that he was able to join the end of the pack after the safety car, but after that done excellently to get second.

3. Lance Stroll - Happy for him. The only driver in the top 12 to not have an issue meant he finished this high. But he held his nerve, didn't make mistakes. Well done Lance, he's learnt how to drive the car.

4. Sebastian Vettel - In fairness to him, I don't think he's entirely to blame for his crash with Hamilton, there were games being played. Should have been on the podium.

5. Lewis Hamilton - Raced well, unlucky that he had to pit for the head rest, unlucky that he came out behind Vettel and unlucky in general with all the safety car laps. Should have been on the podium.
Didn't like him asking Bottas to slow down, risking Bottas' second position to chance Hamilton getting 4th, when Vettel could have ended up ahead of Bottas.

6. Esteban Ocon - Quality driver, made it up to 6th from the end of the pack. Should never have crashed with his team mate like he did. Force India would have had a double podium...

7. Kevin Magnussen - He just did his thing, below average driver in a below average car, but everyone else had the bad luck.

8. Carlos Sainz - Kvyat was not at fault for Sainz early spin, he doesn't seem to be driving as well now, as he did earlier in the season.

9. Fernando Alonso - If he pushed in qualifying and didn't have his huge grid penalty, he could have had a day like Lance Stroll's!

10. Pascal Wehrlein
11. Marcus Ericsson
- Both Saubers only this high, due to the mess around them.

12. Stoffel Vandoorne - Still not impressing.

13. Roman Grosjean - Is his car really that bad, or is he just finding something to blame?

14. Kimi Raikkonen - Unlucky day for him.

DNF. Sergio Perez - Same story with Esteban Ocon, he just came out worse, Force India must be an unhappy place to be right now.

DNF. Feliepe Massa - Unlucky is the most used word in this post. I'm not sure what ruled him out of the race, but if it hadn't, Massa would have been second!

DNF. Niko Hulkenberg - He wasn't unlucky, he's an experienced driver who made a stupid error. One of my Pick'em picks.

DNF. Max Verstappen - Gutted for him, all of these faults with the cars, while he is racing so well. One of my Pick'em picks.

DNF. Daniil Kvyat - Could have been well within the points if he made it to the end. One of my Pick'em picks.

DNF. Joylon Palmer - No comment.

Last edited by Martz; 03.07.2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 26.06.2017, 12:40 PM
MVP

Think Seb got off lightly with the punishment, maybe the stewards bottled it a bit when it was either the stop-go or an outright disqualification. Data showed that Lewis didn't brake-test him, so either Seb wasn't concentrating or stepped on the gas expecting Lewis to be accelerating out of the corner as well. Banging wheels was just silly. Now Lewis knows he can get Seb rattled, and Seb has to behave himself in the next race or risk a ban.
Old 26.06.2017, 02:02 PM
MVP

Alonzo's Honda engine got him to the end of a GP for once, and Dixon beat all of the Penskes in Wisconsin with his Honda power. Which makes Honda's performance in F1 all the more baffling.
Old 26.06.2017, 06:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Think Seb got off lightly with the punishment, maybe the stewards bottled it a bit when it was either the stop-go or an outright disqualification. Data showed that Lewis didn't brake-test him, so either Seb wasn't concentrating or stepped on the gas expecting Lewis to be accelerating out of the corner as well. Banging wheels was just silly. Now Lewis knows he can get Seb rattled, and Seb has to behave himself in the next race or risk a ban.
Hamilton according to the stats didn't break test Seb and was doing the same things on that corner during all 3 safety cars so think he was doing what was allowed and Vettle who nearly got caught after the 1st restart must have been worried enough to mess up that corner.hitting Lewis was totally stupid as he was always only going to be the one to get any punishment but think some of Hamiltons comments since are a bit over the top.we saw last year what Hamilton was prepared to do win.

no way the stewards would black flag either of the top 2,this competition is way too good for the sport.