Clear Bag Policy 2017 - Page 10 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 02.10.2017, 07:52 PM
Starter

Club wembley block 228....wifes clear bag searched and then both scanned and searched.

Even had to have a Police sniffer dog round my car just to get into the Hilton car park.
Old 02.10.2017, 08:10 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemers View Post
Which entrance was that? G here, and everyone went through metal detector and had their bags searched.
Entrance P

Scanned with a handheld device - that's it.
Old 02.10.2017, 09:19 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper UK View Post
Entrance P

Scanned with a handheld device - that's it.
Did you have a bag?
Old 03.10.2017, 08:57 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
Did you have a bag?
My son did. He was scanned with a handheld device & that was it.
Old 11.10.2017, 07:12 AM
Rookie

Why is everyone complaining about this? We have been bombarded with warnings that it will be 100% enforced. If you take a non-compliant bag I hope you are turned away as punishment for your douchery.
Old 11.10.2017, 08:22 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav720 View Post
Why is everyone complaining about this? We have been bombarded with warnings that it will be 100% enforced. If you take a non-compliant bag I hope you are turned away as punishment for your douchery.
People are complaining, with some justification, that the policy is annoying for many and that it is unnecessary.

I know that If I were staying overnight in London on the Saturday then I wouldn't be able to fit a full change of clothes, plus overnight toiletries in one of those silly little bags. This problem doesn't crop up in the US because almost everybody drives to the match.

The best argument against it is - nobody else finds in necessary. Are clear bags mandatory at football, rugby, cricket, darts matches? Are they required at the opera? Or does the NFL think that it is so much more important than those other events, making it more of a target?
Old 11.10.2017, 03:44 PM
Pro

I guess they think being seen as American makes them a more attractive target than a purely British sporting event by Islamic terrorists. Any attack would get much more US news coverage than a football match in the UK.
Old 15.10.2017, 05:31 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petaq View Post
People are complaining, with some justification, that the policy is annoying for many and that it is unnecessary.

I know that If I were staying overnight in London on the Saturday then I wouldn't be able to fit a full change of clothes, plus overnight toiletries in one of those silly little bags. This problem doesn't crop up in the US because almost everybody drives to the match.

The best argument against it is - nobody else finds in necessary. Are clear bags mandatory at football, rugby, cricket, darts matches? Are they required at the opera? Or does the NFL think that it is so much more important than those other events, making it more of a target?
Its the league policy. Im staying overnight Saturday so booked to stay overnight Sunday as well. How many rucksacks do you see at the opera? Or indeed Football? You've had warning if you haven't made arrangements to fit the requirements of entry then surely thats your problem? I mean, if you'd booked to go to a restaurant and the dress code was jacket and tie would you turn up in a tracksuit and claim it wasn't convenient for you to travel with a jacket and tie then claim its unnecessary because McDonalds doesn't require it? My point I guess is if thats the policy and you are aware of it its up to you to make plans with that in mind.

Last edited by Mav720; 15.10.2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 15.10.2017, 09:51 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav720 View Post
How many rucksacks do you see at the opera? Or indeed Football?
I wouldn't know as I don't go to either. But, if I were to turn up to the ENO with a 25L backpack I'll bet they wouldn't keep me out. And definitely wouldn't for 'security' reasons.
Old 15.10.2017, 10:00 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petaq View Post
I wouldn't know as I don't go to either. But, if I were to turn up to the ENO with a 25L backpack I'll bet they wouldn't keep me out. And definitely wouldn't for 'security' reasons.
They'd question as to why the feck you thought you needed a massive rucksack to go to the opera...and ask of you were right in the head...lol

Then theyd search you thoroughly I bet and then make a security decision as to whether or not they let you in...much like Wembley. I saw people still get in with rucksacks..but they were heavily searched.

Last edited by Spenspuma; 15.10.2017 at 10:06 AM.