2018 London Games - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 16.10.2017, 05:14 PM
Starter

It was definitely mentioned that a team would play back to back games in London next season....inevitably it will be the Jags. Would it be classed as two home games? ..hard to say.

My big worry is that Jags aren't a very fashionable team and if their opponents aren't any great shakes, then that could be two poor matchups 2 weeks in a row....

I mean...Jags vs Titans and Jags vs Browns ....2 weeks on a row at Wembley...not the most appealing scenario.... so I do hope the Jags games will see at least one big team play them, otherwise the interest and momentum that a been lost this season could well fall further.

Imho it a just a shame that Jags is a permanent fixture as id love to see a big match up at Wembley.....One like Mexico seems to get. Something like New England vs Denver, Raiders Vs Green Bay...Eagles vs Panthers

Would really create a spark for next year.

I believe 2018 is pivotal to the future success and direction of the International Series in London....and if nothing else, we need a couple of decent match ups.

Last edited by Spenspuma; 16.10.2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 16.10.2017, 06:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
I think it will be 4 again next year, with the Spurs stadium not completed yet, I think they play safe with 4. maybe an increase the following year if at all. as for who comes over, as others have stated there are a few potential candidates, I'm more intrigued as to who the Road team will be. Regardless of the matchups my season ticket is getting renewed and i'll share the matches out to my pals, nit picking the ones I fancy.
reports that spurs have already reached out to the premier league warning that the stadium may not be ready for August next year so maybe smart of the NFL to wait until 2019 which I think is when the original agreement was suppose to start.

surely 4 London games and mexico is more than enough.
Old 17.10.2017, 03:54 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
reports that spurs have already reached out to the premier league warning that the stadium may not be ready for August next year so maybe smart of the NFL to wait until 2019 which I think is when the original agreement was suppose to start.

surely 4 London games and mexico is more than enough.

I have heard that rumour, I did read some reports stating some aspects of the development are ahead of schedule and some are behind, they say if the roof is on by February then they are on course.

It could be possible that they play away games for a month if it does overrun.

As for the IS I'm not sure what sort of timescales the NFL need to arrange games there for next year, but that's the whole point of having Twickenham as a safety net for another year.
Old 25.10.2017, 08:46 AM
Rookie

Hopefully Patriots playing the Jags next year in one of the games as they scheduled to play eachother next season. I would love to see a massive matchup one year but I doubt it, something like Oakland and Green Bay or even a divisional Patriots @ Jets as those are annoyingly close, lol.
Old 25.10.2017, 01:00 PM
Starter

Surely the Chargers are nailed on for next year?

Playing in a temp stadium in a brand new city means giving up a home game can't be much of a big deal.
Old 27.10.2017, 09:28 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcio View Post
Surely the Chargers are nailed on for next year?

Playing in a temp stadium in a brand new city means giving up a home game can't be much of a big deal.
But for a West Coast team the timing would work better for them in Mexico City unless the Raiders have first choice to play there as they have done for 2 years now.
Old 27.10.2017, 09:47 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy93 View Post
But for a West Coast team the timing would work better for them in Mexico City unless the Raiders have first choice to play there as they have done for 2 years now.
Rams won't be back in London in 2018, COO confirmed last weekend that the Rams would be in Mexico instead.

A shame for us UK fans but it makes more sense with the huge hispanic following in SoCal.

Maybe they'll be back in 2019
Old 27.10.2017, 10:07 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1971 View Post
Rams won't be back in London in 2018, COO confirmed last weekend that the Rams would be in Mexico instead.

A shame for us UK fans but it makes more sense with the huge hispanic following in SoCal.

Maybe they'll be back in 2019
Looking at the Raiders 2018 schedule they are due to play the Rams at home, so that looks like the Mexico line-up for next year unless they are going to do two games.
Old 27.10.2017, 12:35 PM
Pro Bowler

I agree with 2018 being huge in terms of International Series. They need a marquee attraction up, if not two.

I think Packers @ Pats and Packers @ Seahawks would be the big matches really but lets face it.. that'll never happen.

As rubbish as San Francisco have been this year, I'd love to see Seahawks @ 49ers over here. Also Packers @ Jets might be a good one.
Old 27.10.2017, 05:47 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchy1 View Post
I agree with 2018 being huge in terms of International Series. They need a marquee attraction up, if not two.

I think Packers @ Pats and Packers @ Seahawks would be the big matches really but lets face it.. that'll never happen.

As rubbish as San Francisco have been this year, I'd love to see Seahawks @ 49ers over here. Also Packers @ Jets might be a good one.
If say we need two BIG match ups next season...otherwise interest will fall.

Problem being Jags will most likely take up 2 slots..so that 2 games that can't be big match ups...and Rams 1 other...so there's only scope for 1 game to be a biggie....unless they increase it to 5 games next year.

It's just frustrating that Mexico get Raiders each year and on top of that always get another decent team to boot....and we are stuck with Jags...so guaranteed never to get a big matchup in their games.

Saying that...the Jags are improving so maybe in 3 or 4 years they may become a bigish team.

Last edited by Thepuma; 27.10.2017 at 05:50 PM.