Is the NFL International Series popularity waning? - Page 29 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 22.10.2017, 08:29 PM
Starter

Yep..the 3 London games this year has done nothing to help the popularity of the series over here. Every one has been as good as over by half time.

Luck of the draw maybe, but each game has been a poor spectacle.

Who'd have thought we'd be hanging on for the Browns to save the International Series 2017.
Old 22.10.2017, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Who would've thought travelling 6,000 miles and eight time zones would have a detrimental effect on performance. Todd Gurley made it clear earlier this week he wasn't exactly thrilled to be playing here.
Old 22.10.2017, 09:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennny View Post
3 games and 3 annihilations....is thre something in the travel ?
I blame the poor quality of our toilet paper.
Old 22.10.2017, 09:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Who would've thought travelling 6,000 miles and eight time zones would have a detrimental effect on performance. Todd Gurley made it clear earlier this week he wasn't exactly thrilled to be playing here.
It’s the same for both teams though, they both have to get across the pond.

There have been good games involving the Lions, Steelers, Falcons, Jags.... the travel is no excuse for Jay Cutler ****-farting around like he couldn’t care less or for the Ravens and Cardinals to collectively play like they did.

The three games this season haven’t been great, but them’s the breaks.

Clearly, Todd Gurley is perfectly entitled to his opinion, I respect the opinion of anyone across the pond who hates the fact games are played here. At least Gurley turned in a performance and that’s what counts.

The Browns v Vikings is going to be a thriller and the IS will be saved.
Old 22.10.2017, 09:37 PM
Team Captain

in fairness on paper most thought this would be a close game.Still pervericating if i should go next week.Cleveland have to win sooner or later
Old 22.10.2017, 09:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabb View Post
in fairness on paper most thought this would be a close game.Still pervericating if i should go next week.Cleveland have to win sooner or later
Pervericating.... ooh, hark at you. I’m still thinking about it.

WTactualF does ‘pervericating’ mean anyway?

Last edited by pozbaird; 22.10.2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 22.10.2017, 10:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennny View Post
3 games and 3 annihilations....is thre something in the travel ?
Nope, I blame Brexit
Old 22.10.2017, 11:39 PM
Pro Bowler

Travel is bs. Cardinals been over here since tuesday, Rams came friday.

All the games looked good (ok maybe not browns) when they were announced 10 months ago.
They still looked good 7 weeks ago at the start of the season.

There were 2 other shut outs this week (not just a UK 2017 thing). Would you have predicted those results?

Clearly there are few on here that do or are going to pick their choice of game for future London games. Fine, but perhaps stop harping on about how good a game was or wasnt, after the fact. People who went can make there own opinions.
Didnt see many posts on the gameday thread saying the Rams were going to walk it
Old 23.10.2017, 12:35 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
Yep..the 3 London games this year has done nothing to help the popularity of the series over here. Every one has been as good as over by half time.
Really? Could gave sworn the dolphins saints game was just 3-0 at the half.

The games this year will have little effect on me renewing my season ticket and I suspect most others too. It will be down to me having the time and money. As any true sports fans know, nothing is guaranteed in sport and these games will have no bearing on next year.
Old 23.10.2017, 06:02 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
Really? Could gave sworn the dolphins saints game was just 3-0 at the half.

The games this year will have little effect on me renewing my season ticket and I suspect most others too. It will be down to me having the time and money. As any true sports fans know, nothing is guaranteed in sport and these games will have no bearing on next year.
True..it was a few minutes into the 2nd half 2hen it became clear Dolphins had surrendered.

And no...the selling of Season tickets next year will largely depend on 2 things 1) the quality of teams and 2) If they announce a season 'card.....

If the match ups are poor again then people will cherry pick individual games...if they go ahead with last years 'threat' of having a card covering all games rather than individual tickets the Season ticket sales will be hit dramatically.

At the moment id say at least 50% of Season ticket holders who bought the Season ticket did not go to all 4 games. If you can't sell on the games you don't fancy then season ticket sales will plummet next year... Which is good for the general public I guess as more tickets at face value being sold.