Atmosphere at London games - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 23.10.2017, 10:48 AM
Starter

Default Atmosphere at London games

We all know that the noise levels are nothing like the US stadiums. But its getting a bit of a joke now. Last nights game was probably the quietest game ive been to .i understand that most of the crowd are not fans of the 2 teams playing. But why not pick 1 team to get behind an create a decent atmosphere.. i was standing in the endzone an at times it was so quiet. I just don't know why some bother turning up to watch. They'd be better off watching it at home.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:31 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_STL31 View Post
We all know that the noise levels are nothing like the US stadiums. But its getting a bit of a joke now. Last nights game was probably the quietest game ive been to .i understand that most of the crowd are not fans of the 2 teams playing. But why not pick 1 team to get behind an create a decent atmosphere.. i was standing in the endzone an at times it was so quiet. I just don't know why some bother turning up to watch. They'd be better off watching it at home.
What were you doing in the endzone?
Old 23.10.2017, 01:10 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
What were you doing in the endzone?
Sounds like he was in the endzone theCardinals were attacking as it was so quiet
Old 23.10.2017, 01:19 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemarlin87 View Post
Sounds like he was in the endzone theCardinals were attacking as it was so quiet
I think I saw some tumbleweeds blowing across it at one point
Old 23.10.2017, 01:49 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_STL31 View Post
first time at twickenham, hated it, roll on white hart lane
Old 23.10.2017, 03:13 PM
Rookie

Thought Twickenham was great yesterday seemed very organised but we get there very early , as for atmosphere don't think the game helped again also suprised when you're s
Old 23.10.2017, 03:26 PM
Rookie

I'm shocked when sat in my seat amount of people who have no interest on what is happening more interested in what has been happening at work ! Or who is getting food drink in ! Guess true fans wait for months for our 4 games with excitement but quite a few just get free tickets people behind us yesterday must have watched abut 25 mins of game before leaving at end of the 3rd shame many would have loved to see even a one sided game, oh well so is life .
Old 23.10.2017, 03:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemarlin87 View Post
As a Broncos fan, can someone explain to me what an endzone is?
Old 23.10.2017, 06:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
As a Broncos fan, can someone explain to me what an endzone is?
As a Bears fan, I believe it's an area exclusive to defensive players after they create turnovers.

As for the atmosphere at yesterday's game, it's hard for the crowd to get excited when it's yet another one-sided snooze-fest. There was a good mix of Rams and Cardinals fans around us and both started off making quite a bit of noise, but the Cardinals fans soon went quiet when their efforts to get behind their team were not rewarded on the field. Towards the end even the Rams fans were too bored to cheer. Like any sporting event, the more competitive a match up is the greater the crowd participation.

That said Braithwaite's absolutely right, the lack of interest in the game by some attendees is awful. We were really frustrated by the number of people coming and going in our row forcing everyone to stand up whilst they squeezed past. Particularly bad is when they kept doing so whilst the game play was ongoing, even when the Rams were in the red zone. It's not as if the sport doesn't include multiple stoppages (change of possession, time outs, end of quarters etc.). Why on earth people can't wait until a break in play is beyond me. I missed the first Rams interception because of people passing in front of me. Apparently drinking copious amounts of alcohol, gorging on junk food and the consequent trips to the toilet are far more important to these people than the game. It seems an awfully expensive way to binge to me. They may as well just go down the pub.
Old 23.10.2017, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Totally agree WP34 with being frustrated. I haven't been to any games this year but it's the constant interruptions during gameplay and poor atmosphere that was a major reason I stopped going. I have commented here before after previous London games how some people around me spend more time getting up and down to buy food and drink then go to the toilet than actually watching the game. There was another year when the two people sitting beside me chatted loudly the whole time about school scheduling then left during the third quarter.

There have been threads on this topic in previous years:

https://forum.nfluk.com/showpost.php?...0&postcount=13

https://forum.nfluk.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=42

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=107013&

Last edited by boknows34; 23.10.2017 at 07:43 PM.