NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 23.10.2017, 07:45 AM
Pro

A few thrashings this week so maybe it isn't just the is games
Old 23.10.2017, 09:18 AM
Team Captain

A season Ticket Card was a possibility this year? first I've ever head that

Genuine question that might sound silly I dont know but Would a ''season Ticket card'' work in 2 different stadiums?

If its Wembley/Twickenham or Wembley/New Tottenham Stadium wouldn't they have 2 different scanning machines or is it easy to link them up so to speak so the same code scans in both stadiums
Old 23.10.2017, 09:39 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
And no...the selling of Season tickets next year will largely depend on 2 things 1) the quality of teams and 2) If they announce a season 'card.....

If the match ups are poor again then people will cherry pick individual games...if they go ahead with last years 'threat' of having a card covering all games rather than individual tickets the Season ticket sales will be hit dramatically.
Really? Money and time have no impact on the decision? So if I don't have the money and am not free on the day I'm still going to buy a ticket am I? Thanks for letting me know. You have already said that this years matches are poor yet there were record season ticket sales. You also seem to have forgotten that at the time of season ticket renewals we were told it would be a card, it was only changed later when the logistics couldn't be worked out, yet most still renewed. So it would seem that your two main reasons were not a factor this year or are you going to say the draw of the Browns was too big an opportunity to miss?

Quote:
At the moment id say at least 50% of Season ticket holders who bought the Season ticket did not go to all 4 games. If you can't sell on the games you don't fancy then season ticket sales will plummet next year... Which is good for the general public I guess as more tickets at face value being sold.
Love the way you pull numbers out of a hat as if totally made up figures will somehow validate your argument!
Old 23.10.2017, 12:24 PM
Rookie

Enormous number of empty seats at all 3 games this year. I would guess there has been between 60,000 and 65,000 people in the stadium at Wembley, and between 50,000 and 55,000 at Twickenham. This means that either touts have been buying tickets and haven't been able to sell them on, genuine people have been buying tickets but for some reason just couldn't be bothered to go, or the authorities are lying about the number of tickets sold. Overall, I believe the popularity is waning big time and it might be wise to take a year off and see if absence makes the heart grow fonder. Of course this would mean breaking contracts but it may be in everyone's long term interests. They should also have chosen one stadium outside of London (probably the Millennium Stadium) where it's much cheaper to travel to.

Last edited by canman91; 23.10.2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:27 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by canman91 View Post
Enormous number of empty seats at all 3 games this year. I would guess there has been between 60,000 and 65,000 people in the stadium at Wembley, and between 50,000 and 55,000 at Twickenham. This means that either touts have been buying tickets and haven't been able to sell them on, genuine people have been buying tickets but just couldn't be bothered to go, or the authorities are lying about the number of tickets sold. Most likely a combination of all three.
Sorry but that is rubbish, the stadiums were not only 2/3's full.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
Sorry but that is rubbish, the stadiums were not only 2/3's full.
Well that is my educated guess. Obviously a number of rows of seats are blocked off and it was hard to see any rows which didn't have empty seats.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcapp96 View Post
Really? Money and time have no impact on the decision? So if I don't have the money and am not free on the day I'm still going to buy a ticket am I? Thanks for letting me know. You have already said that this years matches are poor yet there were record season ticket sales. You also seem to have forgotten that at the time of season ticket renewals we were told it would be a card, it was only changed later when the logistics couldn't be worked out, yet most still renewed. So it would seem that your two main reasons were not a factor this year or are you going to say the draw of the Browns was too big an opportunity to miss?

Love the way you pull numbers out of a hat as if totally made up figures will somehow validate your argument!
Wrong...nobody was told at the ordering stage that it would be a season card rather than individual tickets...if they had they would have sold a lot LOT less season tickets.

What actually happened was that season tickets were sold and then in January it was rumoured that they may be using a season card instead....it was only then a few months later that the NFL confirmed it would be sending individual tickets- this wasn't till months after the Season tickets had been sold.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:40 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Wrong...nobody was told at the ordering stage that it would be a season card rather than individual tickets...if they had they would have sold a lot LOT less season tickets.

What actually happened was that season tickets were sold and then in January it was rumoured that they may be using a season card instead....it was only then a few months later that the NFL confirmed it would be sending individual tickets- this wasn't till months after the Season tickets had been sold.
So you are agreeing that we didn't know we would get individual tickets until months after the season tickets where sold? Actually the card part was in the FAQ's issued at the time, tucked away at the bottom, it just took a while for people to notice it.

Last edited by zcapp96; 23.10.2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 23.10.2017, 12:42 PM
MVP

Quote:

Techinically that's partially wrong too. On the site back pre the ordering of tickets, the FAQ had the question (paraphrasing here):

Q: Will the ticket be a card or individual tickets
A: This hasn't been decided at this time

So yes no one had been told that it would be a season card, but it was out there that this was on the cards (for the want of a better word). Rumour was that they couldn't make it work for the 2 different grounds, I can't remember if that was confirmed or not as the reason.

EDIT - beaten to the answer...
Old 23.10.2017, 12:48 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by canman91 View Post
They should also have chosen one stadium outside of London (probably the Millennium Stadium) where it's much cheaper to travel to.
So play a game in the "London Games Series" In another City

Makes sense

Also Cheaper for who? U?

It would triple the price for me and almost certainly would mean Id also need a hotel

London has its faults but can't deny that if something finishes at 5Pm almost everyone no matter what corner of the country should be able to get home that day still

Last edited by leemarlin87; 23.10.2017 at 12:52 PM.