Worrying times for the Cowboys - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 10.09.2014, 09:10 PM
Team Captain

Can't be anything other than concerned at the moment about how this season could unfold.

I looked at the name Titans and fancied it at first, but I fear Wisenhunt will scheme well and we could have serious problems again. Upon reflection we had a real chance against San Fran if Romo and the offence performed, because their defence was seriously depleted. It's on Romo to return to form this week and get the job done, because it might be a slippery slope from here.
Old 10.09.2014, 09:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX View Post
Can't be anything other than concerned at the moment about how this season could unfold.

I looked at the name Titans and fancied it at first, but I fear Wisenhunt will scheme well and we could have serious problems again. Upon reflection we had a real chance against San Fran if Romo and the offence performed, because their defence was seriously depleted. It's on Romo to return to form this week and get the job done, because it might be a slippery slope from here.
Prior to the season I had the Titans down as our 1 and only win from our first 6 games. With the Rams losing Chris Long and Sam Bradford I could see us getting a win from them now too. The only other 'winnable' game I saw was the Texans, but the 49ers, Saints and Seahawks are pretty gruesome match ups. We have to win 1 of our next 2 games just for confidence sake.

If we don't win a game before the Texans game the pressure will be on at 0-4. Our salvation is we face the Giants, Redskins and Cards at home before the trip to London to face the Jags.

I'm going to hold off the doom and gloom until we get past the Titans and Rams. If we come out of those 2 games still looking rusty then reality might start to hit home.
Old 11.09.2014, 10:27 AM
Team Captain

Let's face it, you can't blame any Cowboys fan for currently having a negative outlook on things.

A GM that no one, and I mean absolutely no one, believes in or trusts regarding doing what's best for the Cowboys in making them a success ON THE FIELD.

A Head Coach and coaching staff that barely anyone has confidence in.

A QB that, on a far too regular basis, has made poor decisions during games and cost us wins.

A secondary that leaks more than the Titanic.

A team that looks a long way off challenging any of the top teams in the NFL.

Tony Romo will come good in some games this season, he will also conspire to lose us games this season. This is where we're at Dallas fans, doesn't make great reading does it!
Old 12.09.2014, 10:31 AM
Hall of Fame

Just had a quick look at Tony Romo's interception stats for his career......

2008.............14* (17)
2010.............7** (19)

*Played 13 games. Over 16 games it averages out at 17 interceptions.

**He played 6 games in 2010. Over 16 games it averages out at 19 interceptions.

Looking at that 'up and down' pattern 19 interceptions wouldn't be a bad projection for this year.
Old 13.09.2014, 03:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Just bumped in to a Cowboys fan from Ohio in my local COSTCO......his parting words 'we need to get rid of Romo'. He'd fit right in round here it seems.
Old 15.09.2014, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Maybe we need to change the title of the thread to something a bit more optimistic?

Joking aside, yesterday showed what we've all been saying. Trust the run. We should be coming away with some sort of points from most possessions, even if like yesterday it's only 3 points. Bailey is one of the best kickers in the league, if we keep the score board ticking over it gives the defence a chance.

Looking ahead, the Saints and the Seahawks will give our D some problems, but against the Rams, Texans and Giants, running the football consistently should make those games winnable.
Old 15.09.2014, 01:48 PM
Team Captain

i'm not sure the saints will give us much trouble after there performances so far. but they do have the weapons to punish us if they get their act together. romo does keep trying to turn the ball over though. i'm still worried he might go 4-5 picks a game.
Old 16.09.2014, 08:03 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Maybe we need to change the title of the thread to something a bit more optimistic?

Joking aside, yesterday showed what we've all been saying. Trust the run. We should be coming away with some sort of points from most possessions, even if like yesterday it's only 3 points. Bailey is one of the best kickers in the league, if we keep the score board ticking over it gives the defence a chance.

Looking ahead, the Saints and the Seahawks will give our D some problems, but against the Rams, Texans and Giants, running the football consistently should make those games winnable.
After the success of using the running game against Tennessee I do feel a bit more optimistic . Keeping the right balance of run and pass will be the key to us being competitive and winning games. Agree about Dan Bailey, it seems after many seasons we finally have a top notch kicker. We are now 1-1, let's see if we can go 2-1 and keep ourselves above the .500 mark.

Last edited by imaher; 16.09.2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 16.09.2014, 08:20 PM
Team Captain

Brilliant run game aside (against a good Titans d-line might I add), got to be pleased with the defensive display. D line looked good against the run. McClain is someone I don't want to get too excited about too quickly, but he may end up an extremely adequate back up to Lee.

Bring on Sunday!
Old 16.09.2014, 08:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX View Post
Brilliant run game aside (against a good Titans d-line might I add), got to be pleased with the defensive display. D line looked good against the run. McClain is someone I don't want to get too excited about too quickly, but he may end up an extremely adequate back up to Lee.

Bring on Sunday!
Yeah, it's week to week with McClain, I think everyone needs to keep it low key and hope he continues to impress.

Sunday will be another battle in the trenches against the Rams. They might be missing Chris Long, but Hayes is an adequate back up at LDE. Donald and Brockers, 2 guys the Cowboys were very interested in at one time, will be manning the middle, and then Quinn on the right side. It'll be tough, but there is definitely an air of optimism all of a sudden.