Happy with Hardy? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 27.10.2015, 03:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Seems like Hardy is slowly becoming a pain. First he had his locker room comments, then his little 'special teams' incident, and now it's emerged he apparently decided to miss practice earlier in the week:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...tice-last-week

Yet Jerry has been quoted as wanting to keep him around in the long term:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ith-greg-hardy

Whilst Hardy is clearly a good player, I think Jerry feels in order to win he needs more disruptive/bad characters around the place, just like his 90's Cowboys.
Old 27.10.2015, 06:34 PM
Team Captain

If he produces on the field then I think he has a right to expect everyone else to do the same. 3 sacks in 2 games says he's keeping his end.

Fair enough he might have went a bit ott at the special teams but so be it, storm in a tea cup really.

The late for practice is a big issue and needs sorting but I think the top players will always get a slight bit of preferential treatment. Rightly or wrongly.

There doesn't seem to be to many elite pass rushers around even less available, if you have one try and keep him, if it becomes a massive issue where it's a detriment to the team then release him, but these are professional grown men. I'm sure they can deal with it.
Old 27.10.2015, 08:52 PM
All Pro

Time will tell with Hardy, is he completely nuts or just mad passionate? he needs to put a lid on it or there could be a time when he gets suspended, trouble is we really need him at the mo
Old 27.10.2015, 08:52 PM
All Pro

Did Flowers do a job or get lots of help?
Old 28.10.2015, 10:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
If he produces on the field then I think he has a right to expect everyone else to do the same. 3 sacks in 2 games says he's keeping his end.

Fair enough he might have went a bit ott at the special teams but so be it, storm in a tea cup really.

The late for practice is a big issue and needs sorting but I think the top players will always get a slight bit of preferential treatment. Rightly or wrongly.

There doesn't seem to be to many elite pass rushers around even less available, if you have one try and keep him, if it becomes a massive issue where it's a detriment to the team then release him, but these are professional grown men. I'm sure they can deal with it.
Finally seen the footage of the Special Teams 'incident'. Yep, Hardy has a screw loose. You don't go slapping the Special Teams co-ordinators clipboard/ipad out of his hand, then more or less butt heads with him with your helmet on, then push and shove your team mates around. Sorry, that's not passion, that's just idiotic behaviour.

You're right, more talented players do get away with more, but he should still have been punished for that, and JJ and JG should have made that known. Imagine if he'd done that to JG?! Would he have got away scot free then??? No, but Hardy will have a go at Rich Bisaccia because he doesn't think Bisaccia matters enough. Hardy hasn't been disciplined, so clearly he might be right.

Hardy is all about himself. He might claim he wants the team to win, and to be there for his team mates, but at the end of the day it's all about him. (imo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Time will tell with Hardy, is he completely nuts or just mad passionate? he needs to put a lid on it or there could be a time when he gets suspended, trouble is we really need him at the mo
That's exactly why he's getting away with things, because no one wants to upset him, because as you say we 'need' him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Did Flowers do a job or get lots of help?
I don't recall him getting too much help, although I'm sure they didn't leave him one on one the entire game.

McAdoo's Giants offense is designed to get the ball out quick on slants etc, so that wouldn't make it easier to get to Eli. Whether that was the case I can't remember.
Old 28.10.2015, 06:12 PM
Team Captain

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Finally seen the footage of the Special Teams 'incident'. Yep, Hardy has a screw loose. You don't go slapping the Special Teams co-ordinators clipboard/ipad out of his hand, then more or less butt heads with him with your helmet on, then push and shove your team mates around. Sorry, that's not passion, that's just idiotic behaviour.

You're right, more talented players do get away with more, but he should still have been punished for that, and JJ and JG should have made that known. Imagine if he'd done that to JG?! Would he have got away scot free then??? No, but Hardy will have a go at Rich Bisaccia because he doesn't think Bisaccia matters enough. Hardy hasn't been disciplined, so clearly he might be right
It is disrespectful but This probably happens on a lot of teams I Think it gets more attention because it's Hardy. Bucky Brooks and Bill Parcells seem to think it's a minor issue. As does Jerry, (as do I which means absolutely nothing )
I think JG would like to throw the book at him but can't be seen to go against Mr Jones.
Old 28.10.2015, 06:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
It is disrespectful but This probably happens on a lot of teams I Think it gets more attention because it's Hardy. Bucky Brooks and Bill Parcells seem to think it's a minor issue. As does Jerry, (as do I which means absolutely nothing )
I think JG would like to throw the book at him but can't be seen to go against Mr Jones.
Yep, a few members of the media and ex players have said this goes on all the time. Cowboys media pointed to the likes of Darren Woodson, Larry Allen, and Michael Irvin having heated exchanges, and the fact this goes on all the time on the sidelines.

My issue is if you have previous, AND you've recently missed practice, AND you've stirred things in the media, then you aren't going to get much sympathy from me when stuff like this happens. If he'd come in, knuckled down and got on with things quietly (which I accept isn't his style), then next year this happened, the response may have been a little different. The thing is he's played 3 games? and I think this is his 3rd 'media spotlight' causing incident.

I hope it's the last time this happens this season, and that he's finally learned his lesson...........I don't hold out much hope though!
Old 28.10.2015, 07:46 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Yep, a few members of the media and ex players have said this goes on all the time. Cowboys media pointed to the likes of Darren Woodson, Larry Allen, and Michael Irvin having heated exchanges, and the fact this goes on all the time on the sidelines.

My issue is if you have previous, AND you've recently missed practice, AND you've stirred things in the media, then you aren't going to get much sympathy from me when stuff like this happens. If he'd come in, knuckled down and got on with things quietly (which I accept isn't his style), then next year this happened, the response may have been a little different. The thing is he's played 3 games? and I think this is his 3rd 'media spotlight' causing incident.

I hope it's the last time this happens this season, and that he's finally learned his lesson...........I don't hold out much hope though!
I think we can safely say there will be more.

My football team(Chelsea) and the Cowboys seems to have a lot of similarities this year. ie Mourinho and Hardys outbursts oh and the small fact that they both can't get a win. The weekends have been rather depressing. Ha
Old 28.10.2015, 09:51 PM
All Pro

Try being a Wolves fan every week!
Old 30.11.2015, 10:59 PM
Hall of Fame

You have to wonder if this team has little to no success over the closing weeks of the season whether they will offer Hardy a new deal.

4.5 sacks in 7 games? Cameron Wake had 7 in 7. Wake is 33, Hardy is 27. Stats aside has he made many big plays when they've been needed? He had the INT, but outside of the first game against the Pats, when Nate Solder may have been injured, I don't recall him having a major impact. Robert Quinn (Rams) who has been banged up and struggled has 5 sacks in 7 starts.

Personally I hope they move on from Hardy, for several reasons, but I think Jerry will make a move to keep him on a mid-term deal, 3 or 4 years maybe. If we have the cap space, and the deal is reasonable (i.e. under $10m/year and includes a way of getting out early) then perhaps it's understandable, off field issues aside.

Either way, it's going to be one of the major story lines of the Cowboys off season, along with the draft.