Happy with Hardy? - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 28.01.2016, 06:28 PM
Team Captain

Read report on CBS that it looks like Cowboys moving on from Hardy due to his excessive partying which in turn made him miss meetings. As someone who was happy to see him coming in but after seeing his performances -New England aside- and the reports of dressing room unrest not to unhappy to see him go. Thought Crawford did ok this year and hopefully Gregory kicks on. Maybe draft Bosa.
Old 29.01.2016, 12:30 PM
All Pro

I like the look of Bosa, hes able to play inside as well as the end, so Marinelli will like him,but I have a feeling we draft a Qb or linebacker depending on how free agency pans out, I think we may give Hardy one Last chance, although he didn't exactly inspire last season, more likely we will try to find someone in free agency
Old 29.01.2016, 02:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
Read report on CBS that it looks like Cowboys moving on from Hardy due to his excessive partying which in turn made him miss meetings. As someone who was happy to see him coming in but after seeing his performances -New England aside- and the reports of dressing room unrest not to unhappy to see him go. Thought Crawford did ok this year and hopefully Gregory kicks on. Maybe draft Bosa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
I like the look of Bosa, hes able to play inside as well as the end, so Marinelli will like him,but I have a feeling we draft a Qb or linebacker depending on how free agency pans out, I think we may give Hardy one Last chance, although he didn't exactly inspire last season, more likely we will try to find someone in free agency
It'll come down to how much it costs (resigning Hardy) as it always does. If Hardy can be resigned for 'cheap' then he'll stay. If he thinks he's one of the top players in the league (regardless of his off field issues) then he'll probably leave. I'm hoping for the latter personally, and that's more down to off the field than on it.

The issue with Bosa is he looks like a LDE. Lonestar is right, he could play inside too, but that's where Crawford is right now and they've invested in him. Crawford struggled with shoulder issues this year so hopefully that can be put right in the off season. The other issue is the Cowboys sack leader from last year, Demarcus Lawrence, played at LDE. He's been punted back and forth between LDE and RDE during his short time with the Cowboys, but after the year he had he surely belongs on the left side now?

The question mark will be at RDE, Hardy/Gregory's spot. Gregory has potential, but also a bit of unknown. Do you draft Bosa if he's there then flip Lawrence back over to the right? Do you draft Bosa and rotate with Lawrence/Crawford? Do you draft Bosa and just let the best player play? or do you pass on Bosa and look for a more 'complimentary' guy later in the draft who can rotate with Gregory/Lawrence as and when he's needed?

The D line is certainly an interesting one to investigate.