Roster - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 19.07.2015, 10:10 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
I,m thinking some teams with a lack of depth on the o line might be looking at Dallas to see whos out to be gobbled up....
No doubt they will cast their eye over the roster, but I doubt any major moves will happen, it'll be practice squad guys basically. I expect there will be a bit of roster churning in Camp anyway.

The good thing is from our point of view is we have depth and competition in case of injury. We were fortunate last year on the O line with only Free missing any significant time.
Old 20.07.2015, 08:11 PM
All Pro

I,m thinking Chaz is going to be a Cowboy for some time injury or not, he can play guard or tackle which is handy, just how many teams will pick up cut players do you think? does it happen much?
Old 20.07.2015, 09:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I,m thinking Chaz is going to be a Cowboy for some time injury or not, he can play guard or tackle which is handy, just how many teams will pick up cut players do you think? does it happen much?
I would expect he'll see out his rookie contract for sure. Not many 3rd round picks get cut as rookies. He hasn't got off to the best of starts, but it's a very small sample size.

How many teams will pick up cut players? How long is a piece of string? Depends what is out there and available, and what you have on your roster. Teams like to 'churn' the bottom of the roster in the hopes of finding a 'bargain'. Like you've touched on before, if teams need O line help/depth, then they might be interested in kicking the tyres on some Cowboys 'cast offs'. Similar to the Cowboys having an interest in discarded Running Backs perhaps.

If players are cut, then clear waivers, and the Cowboys like them, then they'll more than likely land on the Practice Squad.
Old 06.09.2015, 09:47 AM
All Pro

Ok the 53 is done-was convinced they would keep Showers although theres a good chance he wont be picked up and re signed-ditto Obada-worse case scenario-Showers and Vaughan picked up and Romo gets injured....AHHHHHH
Old 06.09.2015, 10:37 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok the 53 is done-was convinced they would keep Showers although theres a good chance he wont be picked up and re signed-ditto Obada-worse case scenario-Showers and Vaughan picked up and Romo gets injured....AHHHHHH
There aren't many Romo's around, so if he does get injured then the drop off would more than likely de-rail our season anyway. I wouldn't fancy our chances with Weeden, Vaughn or Showers having to start for a prolonged period of time.

I'd expect we'll be able to choose if we want to keep Vaughn, Showers and Obada on the practice squad. Depends what other teams have, but Showers and more so Obada, are 'projects', so some teams might steer clear.

It'll be interesting to see if these are the numbers at each position that they want to carry, or if they would rob Peter to pay Paul i.e. waive a D lineman to pick up a RB, etc.
Old 06.09.2015, 06:17 PM
Hall of Fame

IN Christine Michael. OUT Lavar Edwards.

Looks like this is the move to 'upgrade' the RB position. Cost? A conditional 7th round pick.

"He's the most gifted tailback in this class, albeit troubled. He's had off-field issues and got in Kevin Sumlin's doghouse, which is why he slipped. But if he stays straight, boy is he gifted." -- Mike Mayock NFL Draft 2013

His Combine numbers and College production (when healthy) appear to back that up. He did have a broken leg in 2010, and torn ACL in 2011 though.

We'll see. It's a low cost, high return type move if everything works out.
Old 06.09.2015, 08:54 PM
All Pro

Can see Clutts going now leaving space for another DL Stills or Taylor?
Old 06.09.2015, 09:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can see Clutts going now leaving space for another DL Stills or Taylor?
Doubt it. If they wanted to look at Taylor for instance then perhaps it would be at the expense of Bishop perhaps. Again though, I doubt it.

If they want to run the ball then they need Clutts, unless they feel they have a 4th WR/TE to spread defences out.
Old 07.09.2015, 08:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Gus Johnson, Jameil Showers, Tim Scott and Kellen Moore (Detroit QB) signed to the Practice Squad.

Talk is Gardner, Gibson and Vaughn won't return. Can only think Gardner has a job elsewhere lined up.
Old 08.09.2015, 01:42 PM
Team Captain

OT Jordan Mills claimed off waivers from Bears. Just read Bryan Broadus review of his tape and not to complimentary.

Waive LB Jasper Brinkley after being paid 2 million dollars. Nice work if you can get it.

Last edited by PMurphy81; 08.09.2015 at 02:34 PM.