So...........Quarterback. *sigh* - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 24.09.2015, 04:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklong_13 View Post
“It’s all good,’’ he said, despite being covered in tape. “I’ve just gotta work the swelling out. I’ll be fine.’’
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/23/c...itten-lee-dez/
Witten kinda reminds me of Mark Bavaro played with dodgy knees and broken jaw etc.
Both ironmen. Witten has missed one game in his 13 year career, and that was due to a broken jaw as a rookie. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 24.09.2015, 07:02 PM
Starter

Bavaro played 5 games with broken jaw Imagine the face gauge, dunts etc!
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/01/22/sp...him-rambo.html

I recall Bill Parcells interview saying one game he looked across at Bavaro and what a mess he was in, broken jaw, elbows, knees and ankles all shot. Covered in blood etc.
Are you going to be OK? Parcells asks
Bavaro couldn't talk just turned and nodded.Went back in and Giants won the game.

Witten getting there though tough guy you need when things going badly.
Cowboys plan for Sunday get Weedon in if he's struggling at half time get tin of blue paint and paint field get Kellen Moore in...no problems
Old 24.09.2015, 08:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bavaro played 5 games with broken jaw Imagine the face gauge, dunts etc!
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/01/22/sp...him-rambo.html

I recall Bill Parcells interview saying one game he looked across at Bavaro and what a mess he was in, broken jaw, elbows, knees and ankles all shot. Covered in blood etc.
Are you going to be OK? Parcells asks
Bavaro couldn't talk just turned and nodded.Went back in and Giants won the game.

Witten getting there though tough guy you need when things going badly.
Cowboys plan for Sunday get Weedon in if he's struggling at half time get tin of blue paint and paint field get Kellen Moore in...no problems
If painting the field blue means Kellen Moore wins as many games for the Cowboys as he did for Boise (50-3) then I don't think many people would mind, Jerry definitely wouldn't.
Old 25.09.2015, 03:30 PM
All Pro

I,m trying to stay optimistic, 8 weeks out, so hopefully Romo will be back for week 11? so maybe we can be say 5-6 or even 6-5 and then blow into the playoffs....yeah Cassel doesnt fill me with over confidence either-he couldnt beat out the other two at Bills, its the same story with every team when the QB goes out, steady the ship with an experienced back up,run the ball, short passes etc-hang it all get Tebow in for a while and give him a chance the season might already be over whats the point in steady as she goes? go for it! did i say i was optimistic?....
Old 12.10.2015, 07:51 AM
Hall of Fame

It's got be time for a change?

To be fair to Weeden he's faced the Falcons that have a good secondary, and he's faced Bill Belichick. He wasn't great against the Saints in New Orleans, but he did manage to throw for a TD.

Excuses aside though, we can't win games with Weeden. Either Linehan doesn't trust him in terms of the plays being called, or he just isn't good enough to succeed with this team as it stands.

We've got almost 2 weeks now to prepare for the Giants. The defence should cause Eli some problems, so if we can at least threaten to move the ball in the air we're in with a chance.

Garrett & Co. need to stop worrying about Weeden's confidence and give Cassel a real shot at being the starter after the bye. Romo is 5 games away from returning, Cassel needs to start 3 of those, even if it turns out he's just as bad as Weeden.
Old 13.10.2015, 10:30 AM
Team Captain

If we can go 2 -2 over the next 4 games I'd be very happy. I don't expect any of the other teams in our division to go streaking of into the distance so we'd still have a chance of winning the NFC East. That would be quite some achievement without our starting QB and WR1 out for as long as they will be.

Cassel has to start against the Giants, Weeden has a long losing streak now and his confidence level must be almost non-existent. Our offense need to sustain drives otherwise the defense will run out of steam as it has done the last few games. We seriously need to draft or trade for a quality running back, I'm not sold on this "anyone can run behind our O-line" theory at all.

The season isn't over yet for us and a win at the Giants would be huge!
Old 13.10.2015, 10:41 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaher View Post
If we can go 2 -2 over the next 4 games I'd be very happy. I don't expect any of the other teams in our division to go streaking of into the distance so we'd still have a chance of winning the NFC East. That would be quite some achievement without our starting QB and WR1 out for as long as they will be.

Cassel has to start against the Giants, Weeden has a long losing streak now and his confidence level must be almost non-existent. Our offense need to sustain drives otherwise the defense will run out of steam as it has done the last few games. We seriously need to draft or trade for a quality running back, I'm not sold on this "anyone can run behind our O-line" theory at all.

The season isn't over yet for us and a win at the Giants would be huge!
I think the penny has dropped now that 'anyone can run behind this line' isn't exactly true. Especially when it isn't functioning at 100%.

They brought in Christine Michael, so I say lets give him a chance too. Randle should continue to get his fair share of carries, but I think giving the ball to Michael 4 or 5 times a game can't hurt. It's too late to make a move for other running backs. Plus there isn't exactly a queue of available talented RB's out there, although I'd even be open to the idea of giving Gus Johnson a chance. That said, it's not like you can dress 5 RB's on game day.

I think the RB position will be rebuilt in the off-season, but for now we have to hope Cassel can at least threaten to move the ball through the air. We HAVE to win one of the Gaints/Eagles games. Preferably both.
Old 14.10.2015, 05:52 PM
Starter

Default Cassel to start

I see they are going to start Matt Cassel instead of Weedon. Pity I'd like to have seen Kellen Moore at least get a chance to see what he can do.
Interesting to see Stafford at Lions struggle at Lions. They say Moore and him used to work well in prep before the games and Moore was able to help Stafford with his reads etc.
Old 14.10.2015, 06:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I see they are going to start Matt Cassel instead of Weedon. Pity I'd like to have seen Kellen Moore at least get a chance to see what he can do.
Interesting to see Stafford at Lions struggle at Lions. They say Moore and him used to work well in prep before the games and Moore was able to help Stafford with his reads etc.
I'm guessing Moore doesn't have as stronger arm as Weeden or Cassel. He isn't the biggest of guys, about 6' and 200lbs, so he'd probably have to operate in the dink 'n' dunk offence that hasn't served Weeden too well.

Interesting theory that Moore helped Stafford. I can't believe that after all this time Stafford needs someone like Moore to help him out, but then he has been very poor this season.

I think Moore's only shot at sticking with the Cowboys is if he gets a shot at a pre season game or two next year. By then though I expect the Cowboys will have jettisoned either Weeden or Cassel and perhaps drafted a QB too. I expect they may try and place him on the Practice Squad at some point this year.
Old 04.11.2015, 02:42 PM
Rookie

I'm a Moore fan and given we have 2 games now until we see Tony again AND we have pretty much seen all we need of Cassel and Weeden why not try the guy. Short of a miracle its a lost season and we need to know where we are going QB wise as we can't afford to lose another season of our talented players primes. If Moore works then we may have Romo v2 on our hands.

If he doesn't then we need to consider/do due diligence on next years round 1 & 2 QB's (I believe there will be potential bargains there due to the possible depth of the underclassmen if they do declare for the draft. There isn't an Andrew Luck among them that stands out BUT lots of potential).

Having said that the east is still up for grabs and the Eagles game is a prime game to get back on track and to generate some momentum for Tony's return....damned if you do and damned if you don't