Week 14. Vikings @ Cardinals. Game day thread. - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 11.12.2015, 08:30 AM
Team Captain

What a great performance from a depleted Vikings side, and one that should have lead to a win but for costly turnovers.

The last play was an absolute joke though - 13 seconds left on clock and no time outs - only option was a quick pass to the sideline, because if they didn't get out then we wouldn't have time for the FG......but if you look at some of the All-22 Teddy had no one to pass to in that situation.

Needed to be thrown away as soon as nothing developed - but play call seemed all wrong. Take the points and head to OT and it's anyone's game.

But I feel much, much better about this team now - 10 days off to get Barr, Joseph and Smith fit and we can beat the Bears and Giants at the bank and then head to GB with the division on the line looking for that 3 seed.
Old 11.12.2015, 09:34 AM
All Pro

Really a good game, pretty much planned, called, and executed flawlessly by the Vikings. I must say they took me by surprise. Turner called an almost perfect game.

More often than not we will blitz 5 or 6 and keep 6 DBs on the field, there is plenty of room to get big gains from quick dump-offs, underneath crossing routes, and PA rollouts. Vikings burned us with them all day. If anyone want's to see how to beat our defence, watch this game tape. That said, even though we were being dominated, I love that we still have great playmakers on D, and the ability to make big plays at big times. Boy do we need to make a splash in the off-season and get a good pass rusher.

On offence, once again we were good, though not at our best. Veldheer had a poor game, looked really slow off the ball, and was struggling with the bull-rush. Fitz, without putting up big number proved what a great player he still is, as he does week in week out. Not much more to say, we and everyone knows how lethal our offence is, just a shame we left 7-10 points out there on the field.

In the end, despite a game dominated by offences, it was having the playmakers on D that made the difference forcing 3 key turnovers. In a close fought battle, losing the turnover battle by 3 usually only means one thing.

After that, I wouldn't want to meet the Vikings again in the playoffs.
Old 11.12.2015, 11:36 AM
Pro Bowler

Remarkably even stats across the board in this game, apart from the 3-0 in turnovers. I didn't see the game, but the turnovers didn't seem to have any major impact on the overall game stats, which seems to be a bit unusual.
Old 11.12.2015, 11:49 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Remarkably even stats across the board in this game, apart from the 3-0 in turnovers. I didn't see the game, but the turnovers didn't seem to have any major impact on the overall game stats, which seems to be a bit unusual.
They had a huge impact on the score all 3 came in fg range.
Old 11.12.2015, 02:45 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Really a good game, pretty much planned, called, and executed flawlessly by the Vikings. I must say they took me by surprise. Turner called an almost perfect game.

More often than not we will blitz 5 or 6 and keep 6 DBs on the field, there is plenty of room to get big gains from quick dump-offs, underneath crossing routes, and PA rollouts. Vikings burned us with them all day. If anyone want's to see how to beat our defence, watch this game tape. That said, even though we were being dominated, I love that we still have great playmakers on D, and the ability to make big plays at big times. Boy do we need to make a splash in the off-season and get a good pass rusher.

On offence, once again we were good, though not at our best. Veldheer had a poor game, looked really slow off the ball, and was struggling with the bull-rush. Fitz, without putting up big number proved what a great player he still is, as he does week in week out. Not much more to say, we and everyone knows how lethal our offence is, just a shame we left 7-10 points out there on the field.

In the end, despite a game dominated by offences, it was having the playmakers on D that made the difference forcing 3 key turnovers. In a close fought battle, losing the turnover battle by 3 usually only means one thing.

After that, I wouldn't want to meet the Vikings again in the playoffs.
Mathieu was just everywhere, if we can play like we did last night - with Linval Joseph, Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith back in then no one will relish facing us.

Biggest issue is if we go behind 14-0 it seems to be game over as we have to get away from Peterson
Old 11.12.2015, 03:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefairs View Post
Mathieu was just everywhere, if we can play like we did last night - with Linval Joseph, Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith back in then no one will relish facing us.

Biggest issue is if we go behind 14-0 it seems to be game over as we have to get away from Peterson
You just have to stay true to the run game, unless you are down 14 mid way through the 4th quarter.

Considering the missing pieces, and all the talk of the 'weakened' Vikings line up they did very well.

Carson Palmer and the Cards passing game continues to impress. When Floyd and Brown are on form, and Fitz is Fitz, they are very hard to stop.

Freeney's spin move continues to work too! The Cards D definitely has the ability to make big plays, as has already been pointed out.

Get the feeling the Cards will be an exciting team to watch in the post season, even if it's just for the high scoring nature of their games.
Old 11.12.2015, 06:56 PM
Starter

If they don't put Dwight Freeney in the hall of fame, they'd better put his spin move in.