Clear Bag Policy 2017 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 28.07.2017, 10:17 AM
All Pro

Default Clear Bag Policy 2017

Just a quick heads up for all you IS attendees, tucked away on NFLUK.com this years bag policy seems to have changed from previous years. It would appear at first glance that they are actually going to implement a clear bag policy exactly as they do in the US.
Whilst I'm sure the advice will come out with tickets for some that may be too late and it begs the questions;
Are they really going to implement it this year unlike previous years?
Surely a bit of pre publicity would have been a good idea (or maybe I missed it)Should there not be something on the front page of the website?
Will there be lockers anywhere or other arrangements for bags?
Will anyone bother to answer the questions?
Here's a quote for you
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY. If for any reason (medical or other) you require a bag that does not adhere to this policy, ENTRY WILL BE PERMITTED, however you will need to provide proof of medical condition and will be subject to a bag search.

Here's the website link I found hidden away
http://www.nfluk.com/bag-policy.html
Old 28.07.2017, 01:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Just a quick heads up for all you IS attendees, tucked away on NFLUK.com this years bag policy seems to have changed from previous years. It would appear at first glance that they are actually going to implement a clear bag policy exactly as they do in the US.
Whilst I'm sure the advice will come out with tickets for some that may be too late and it begs the questions;
Are they really going to implement it this year unlike previous years?
Surely a bit of pre publicity would have been a good idea (or maybe I missed it)Should there not be something on the front page of the website?
Will there be lockers anywhere or other arrangements for bags?
Will anyone bother to answer the questions?
Here's a quote for you
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY. If for any reason (medical or other) you require a bag that does not adhere to this policy, ENTRY WILL BE PERMITTED, however you will need to provide proof of medical condition and will be subject to a bag search.

Here's the website link I found hidden away
http://www.nfluk.com/bag-policy.html
I don't think this is a change ??
Seems the same as previous years ??
Old 28.07.2017, 04:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
I don't think this is a change ??
Seems the same as previous years ??
I agree. Exactly the same guidelines as previously.
In the past we have taken 1 bag between 4 of us, which has been searched on entry, although security always seem to be more interested with something i might be able smuggle in under my knit hat

With recent events in the last year, i could see them perhaps trying to enforce the policy more stringently. However, the security are external staff and do not always seem to enforce stuff they should.

Last year was the first year they had a security ring whereby you had to show proof of an event ticket to get access to the stairs/area around the turnstiles so perhaps a greater enforcement over bag policy will be implemented???
Old 03.08.2017, 09:43 AM
Pro

I'm all for it if it helps keep us all safe.
Old 01.09.2017, 10:30 AM
Pro

Actually it is a change as according to the Wembley Stadium gameday guide they have adopted the same bag policy as NFL stadiums and state it will be 100% enforced. This means that backpacks etc are non-approved bags and entry of any non-compliant bag will be refused.

However, it does state - "If for any reason you require a bag that does not adhere to this policy, please contact us prior to game day with your block/row/seat/turnstile details and we will arrange a private bag search with you before you enter the stadium.
Old 03.09.2017, 07:28 PM
Rookie

Will I be able to buy a clear bag at the fan event on Saturday?

Don't know where else to ask, so: what type of camera am I allowed to bring inside the stadium? I have a slightly larger digital camera, like a semi-pro one worth around 250 pounds.
Old 04.09.2017, 01:04 PM
Pro

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl...ear-bag/211260
Old 04.09.2017, 04:47 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin__17 View Post
Will I be able to buy a clear bag at the fan event on Saturday?

Don't know where else to ask, so: what type of camera am I allowed to bring inside the stadium? I have a slightly larger digital camera, like a semi-pro one worth around 250 pounds.
They can be difficult if it's an SLR with interchangeable lenses as then could be considered "professional".

Based upon a friend in our group who's a keen photographer it seems to depend upon the mood of the security guard doing your bag search. One year they siezed my friends camera and had to collect post game from security office which was a nightmare, other years same camera has raised no comment.
Old 04.09.2017, 10:07 PM
MVP

It does seem as if there is a change in the Clear Bag policy this year. I can't recall so much info as to what bags you cannot bring into the stadium being included with your ticket.

Maybe the NFL are putting pressure on Wembley (and presumably on Twickenham too?) to impliment this due to the increase in terorrists attacks in the last 12 months.

I am not sure how much the NFL can dictate as it's not there stadium though?
Old 05.09.2017, 09:05 AM
All Pro

Trust me, there will be a clear bag policy this year. You don't have to have a special bag, even one of those zip lock freezer type bags will do. I think Wembley or the NFL are going to have a left luggage area somewhere or other but as with other venues like The O2 they will charge for that.