NBA Thread - Page 199 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 13.07.2010, 09:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_eagles2k8 View Post
Udonis Haslem has resigned with the heat as well as Zydrunas Ilgauskas joining from Cleveland.
Suprising seeing Z joining the Heat seeing as he has 14 years as a Cav.Would suck be a Cavs fan right now being pushed back to pre 2003 in harsh fashion.
Old 13.07.2010, 09:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Suprising seeing Z joining the Heat seeing as he has 14 years as a Cav.Would suck be a Cavs fan right now being pushed back to pre 2003 in harsh fashion.
I imagine Lebron helped recruiting him. Best chance of a championship for the guy
Old 15.07.2010, 01:07 PM
MVP

Quote:
Big Z was traded by them last year and then resigned him when wizards cut him.. I imagine this played a part in his decision as they signed him back on alot less money.
Old 15.07.2010, 05:24 PM
MVP

He is ring chasing, alot of vets with 0 rings looking for a team will take a pay cut to try and hop on the wagon
Old 16.07.2010, 12:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrza View Post
Wait the fans in Cleveland gave him everything. The fans going out into the games after he got drafted and helping to boost both LeBrons and the Cavs rep is a part of helping James get his star status. Had the Fans stayed away you really thing Lebron would have the fan base he has now?

He was a hero to them being a local boy and saying that he would help the Cavs get the ring as he was a "fan" and then to go on National TV and kick them to the curb like he did is wrong. Yes the cap situation was messed up problem is that they were so close to getting that ring as his team, now he is going to Miami to become Wade's *****.

The way he left was a ***** move
Admittedly he's now essentially playing second fiddle to Wade, but do you REALLY think LeBron would've been a nobody if the Cavs didn't sell the place out week after week?
He'd still be the same player he is, and because of that he'd drag the butts into the empty seats......LeBron was the Franchise!
The Cavs mis-managed the cap, failed to get him sufficient support to win and say what you like but NOBODY wins on their own! Kobe couldn't do it without Shaq or Gasol, and Jordan played with Pippen next to him most of the time so don't tell me he did it on his own!

I thought LeBron couldn't do right for doing wrong, even when he made an assist to someone else to make a game winning shot he was criticised by the fans for being shot-shy or a coward.
I didn't like the one hour "decision" show, I thought it was crass and vulger but why is everyone acting like its a new thing?
Have none of you seen US TV coverage on signing day in college football? They have young men dramatically donning caps to pledge allegiance to a college they're supposed to be going to to learn!

However they found out the Cavs fans weren't going to be happy with it, so what difference does it make at the end of the day? He's going to a franchise that have people in it who know how to win, I don't think the Cavs could win if they were awarded the Western Conference All Star starting roster next season!
Old 16.07.2010, 12:55 PM
MVP

Great Bill Simmons article about it. Any one else who loved wrestling as a kid and knows about the Lebron saga should love this. Change the name Hulk Hogan and Lebron James.
Quote:
3. I posted this clip on Twitter last night, but it's worth posting again: the 1996 Bash on the Beach. I won't even tell you the context (a reader will explain in a few paragraphs). Just watch what happened, listen to the announcers and choke on the irony.

I'm trying to figure out where I've had a feeling like this before. Then I remembered: This reminds me of Hulk Hogan at the moment he drops the big boot on the Macho Man Randy Savage to team with the Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) and essentially form the nWo. These are the only two times when I have said to myself "No! Why are you doing this! Evil! Evil! EVILLLL!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H76DwHgOwpA
Old 18.07.2010, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Great Bill Simmons article about it. Any one else who loved wrestling as a kid and knows about the Lebron saga should love this. Change the name Hulk Hogan and Lebron James.
You'll enjoy this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxJNyHrAVIo
Old 20.07.2010, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
lmao great stuff.
Old 21.07.2010, 04:35 PM
All Pro

I don't follow the NBA that closely but i know some of the household names. LeBron is the biggest name so obviously this free agency has been about him. I can't believe the way people in Cleveland are reacting. People moves teams and jobs in sport and life, how can you resent them for it?? LeBron wants to win and the Cavs aren't capable so he left to join a better team. This is sport and people need to learn that especially that Cavs owner, he needs a slap after his open letter, who he can brand a player like LJ as a 'coward' is really disrespectful after everything he did for that team.
Old 21.07.2010, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kaizer View Post
I don't follow the NBA that closely but i know some of the household names. LeBron is the biggest name so obviously this free agency has been about him. I can't believe the way people in Cleveland are reacting. People moves teams and jobs in sport and life, how can you resent them for it?? LeBron wants to win and the Cavs aren't capable so he left to join a better team. This is sport and people need to learn that especially that Cavs owner, he needs a slap after his open letter, who he can brand a player like LJ as a 'coward' is really disrespectful after everything he did for that team.
Exactly. The media is to blame for this too, saying Magic would never have left to play with Bird or Jordan. Well of course not because he was playing on a start studded Lakers team in a glamourous city. Would Magic, Bird, or Jordan have left as a free agent if Antawn Jamison was the next best player AND were playing in a small market like Cleveland or Sacramento instead of Los Angeles, Boston or Chicago? I think they would have.

LeBron was a free agent and just like any other free agent he is quite within his rights to choose which team he plays for. Why should the Cavs, the state of Ohio and the media make him feel like he has an obligation to stay? Shaq never stayed in Orlando and went off to LA after just 4 seasons. Kareem forced a trade to the Lakers in the 70s because Milwaukee was too small. People forget that when Kobe was drafted straight out of high school he told the Charlotte Hornets he would never play for them and instead forced a trade to the glamourous big-market Lakers in 1996.