NBA Thread - Page 248 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.05.2011, 11:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Bucs View Post
Apparently Dwight Howard wants to play for the Lakers
I like Dwight Howard, and the Magic jerseys look sweet. Dont become one of them Lakers..
Old 10.05.2011, 12:00 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_B_22 View Post
I like Dwight Howard, and the Magic jerseys look sweet. Dont become one of them Lakers..

In a way I wouldn't blame him if he leaves to be honest.
Old 10.05.2011, 06:33 AM
Pro Bowler

I wake up to find that the Heat have won

Didn't expect that at all, now we need to finish the series.
Old 10.05.2011, 07:17 AM
All Pro

Quote:
In a way I wouldn't blame him if he leaves to be honest.
Apparently he wants to move to a "bigger" market and that means LA or NYC where the big bucks are. Be interesting to see what happens.

Let's face it the moves the back office made this season to improve the team have backfired pretty spectacularly. I still like some of the pieces they brought in but as a team they're a lot weaker, especially defensively (apart from Howard).
Old 10.05.2011, 09:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio13 View Post
I wake up to find that the Heat have won

Didn't expect that at all, now we need to finish the series.
Haven't seen it, but from what I've read it could've gone either way but the Heat were stronger in OT (true, the C's were pants in OT, but there you go). Will catch up with it on NBA Tonight later on. Unlikely we'll progress now, can't see us winning three on the bounce
Old 10.05.2011, 10:07 AM
MVP

Have only just seen the second half highlights from Game 3 the other day. Cant believe Rondo got a steal with one arm and then dunked it, Bosh is an embarrassment at times.
Old 10.05.2011, 02:14 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
Apparently he wants to move to a "bigger" market and that means LA or NYC where the big bucks are. Be interesting to see what happens.

Let's face it the moves the back office made this season to improve the team have backfired pretty spectacularly. I still like some of the pieces they brought in but as a team they're a lot weaker, especially defensively (apart from Howard).
I cant really see a 'big market' team being able to both entice Orlando to trade him, or them having the cap room to eventually sign him to what will inevitably be a maximum deal. NYC.. Can't see his interior defence and explosiveness in the post being needed with Amare there, they need to focus on developing a deep bench and getting a young PG who can be a 10+ assist guy per night than to add another star to go with Melo and Stoudemire. Lakers.. what can they offer in a trade? Bynum and Odom for Howard? Pass. Plus, having watched Shaq walk out on them for LA, Magic ownership must be wary of ripping the heart out of the fanbase by letting their best player since O'Neal walk to them again.

Perhaps he could be the marquee guy Prokhorov wants in Brooklyn to pair with D-Will and Lopez, but again it's a question of matching salaries and packaging a decent enough offer to get Orlando to listen. Howard is pretty stuck because Orlando has no financial or sporting reason to get rid.
Old 10.05.2011, 03:12 PM
Pro Bowler

Chris Paul might go to the Knicks.

The Magic need to handle the Howard situation very carefully.
Old 10.05.2011, 03:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Haven't seen it, but from what I've read it could've gone either way but the Heat were stronger in OT (true, the C's were pants in OT, but there you go). Will catch up with it on NBA Tonight later on. Unlikely we'll progress now, can't see us winning three on the bounce
You never know, pull it back to 3-3, and in the 7th game we'll be low on confidence and you'll be the absolute opposite. But that better not happen!
Old 10.05.2011, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Apparently Dwight Howard wants to play for the Lakers
Would be Shaq all over again. Was gutted when he left for the big market all those years ago.