NBA Thread - Page 298 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 28.12.2011, 03:47 PM
All Pro

The Kings have done nothing to dissuade me that I should be following them. Loved watching that performance against the Lakers.
Old 28.12.2011, 04:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Yeah I think we'll make the play offs, it's anyone's guess how well we'll do though. Definitely need Pierce back asap.

Yeah I've tried to sign a couple from the waivers, there's not much about at the moment. Once the season gets into full swing the better players on the waivers will stand out. I'm up but not by much. I saw your score and wondered how the hell I'm going to compete with those two teams!!
lol. Doubt I'll carry on at this rate! I knew it'd be a bad idea inviting my mate who used to live in the states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteButt View Post
The Kings have done nothing to dissuade me that I should be following them. Loved watching that performance against the Lakers.
I've finally decided on the knicks. I did exactly this with the rangers in nhl. They chose me early last season then in my first off season i start flirting with other teams, then finally go back to the first team!

I have a soft spot for Orlando but that's because Im going there for my first holiday stateside next year. However i don't feel anything like i do when Im watching the knicks
Old 28.12.2011, 05:13 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
I've finally decided on the knicks. I did exactly this with the rangers in nhl. They chose me early last season then in my first off season i start flirting with other teams, then finally go back to the first team!

I have a soft spot for Orlando but that's because Im going there for my first holiday stateside next year. However i don't feel anything like i do when Im watching the knicks
It is all about how you feel when youre watching them.

Not rushing into anything but Kings confirmed that they will be up there.
Old 29.12.2011, 09:24 AM
All Pro

Well that was the worst offensive performace I have ever witnessed! @ the Lakers tonight so the Knicks better buck their ideas up!

On the plus side, my fantasy team scored 166 last night!!
Old 29.12.2011, 11:51 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Well that was the worst offensive performace I have ever witnessed! @ the Lakers tonight so the Knicks better buck their ideas up!

On the plus side, my fantasy team scored 166 last night!!
Yeah, I was very surprised the Knicks lost, especially the way they played against us on Christmas Day.
Old 29.12.2011, 01:33 PM
All Pro

Pleased to see San Antonio smashed the upstart Clippers last night, Manu Ginobli has started the season well. The shortened season might actually help as the Big 3 are getting old, fewer games might help them down the stretch. Really think we have a shot in the West, along with OKC.
Old 29.12.2011, 01:48 PM
All Pro

Don't know last nights scores yet - apart from one.

Watched Pacers @ Raptors. Second time I have seen the Pacers and it's the second time they have won, though they made hard work of it. Raptors look a promising team but also look like a team that would drive you barmy, they did some very nice stuff but also missed what looked like a lot of easy baskets. Tried hard though and the fans were right behind them. Despite having seen Indiana win twice I am not warming to them as much as I thought I would (though I still like the jerseys).

Also watched Timberwolves @ Bucks. Wolves clearly a work in progress but have some nice young pieces. Quite liked the Bucks, good fans and a team that plays hard but lacks a star (though I do like Bogut).

Also saw Hornets @ Suns. Hornets have the New Orleans connection and look like a deep team that should compete okay this year though in that division the playoffs is probably a stretch without CP3. Need to see more of them. Suns lacked anybody to really get me interested, Nash is ok but looks past his best, and the music they played in the arena was diabolical!

Last edited by SteButt; 29.12.2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 29.12.2011, 02:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Yeah, I was very surprised the Knicks lost, especially the way they played against us on Christmas Day.
To be fair the Knicks don't have a very good team. Few good players but not a very good team.
Old 29.12.2011, 04:07 PM
All Pro

Just watched Wizards @ Hawks (well, the first 3 quarters - the Hawks were so in control of the game I guessed they had won comfortably so took a peak and saw that yes indeed they did, so I didn't bother watching the rest).

Main observation - Man the Wizards are a bad team. You'd have to really be prepared to put your faith in John Wall and hope that they can build around him to follow that bunch - a true labour of love. I know the Hawks are a good team, but the Wizards just looked bad all over. Even the Pistons, who don't have a "John Wall" type star, didn't look as bad as Washington did when I watched them.

Hawks - look like a team that'll be back in the playoffs again and tough to beat but probably lack the star that's gonna get them to the finals. Being Atlanta they never stood a chance with me anyway, but for a divisional home game the crowd was pretty quiet all game long.
Old 29.12.2011, 06:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Also watched Timberwolves @ Bucks. Wolves clearly a work in progress but have some nice young pieces. Quite liked the Bucks, good fans and a team that plays hard but lacks a star (though I do like Bogut).
I watched bits of this. Really impressed with the crowd and my Wisconsin love came out straight away. Knicks AND Bucks. Why not lol.

Hopefully the Knicks will turn up tonight against the Lakers.