NBA Thread - Page 511 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 15.04.2014, 01:12 AM
All Pro

First Playoff pairing is Known. The Pacers will play the Hawks in the First Round.
Old 15.04.2014, 07:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsnBengals View Post
First Playoff pairing is Known. The Pacers will play the Hawks in the First Round.
My Pacers in 5...........but we are not going to the Finals, the Heat will blast us in the Conference Finals
Old 15.04.2014, 12:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
My Pacers in 5...........but we are not going to the Finals, the Heat will blast us in the Conference Finals
Long way to go my friend. One key injury changes everything
Old 15.04.2014, 12:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteButt View Post
Long way to go my friend. One key injury changes everything
very true. Just cant see past the Heat in the East
Old 15.04.2014, 01:24 PM
All Pro

I can see the Bulls upsetting someone in the Second Round.

Bulls are a real threat to the Pacers if they meet in the Playoffs.
Old 15.04.2014, 01:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsnBengals View Post
I can see the Bulls upsetting someone in the Second Round.

Bulls are a real threat to the Pacers if they meet in the Playoffs.
the way we are playing bar the OKC game, anyone can knock us out
Old 15.04.2014, 05:24 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
the way we are playing bar the OKC game, anyone can knock us out
At least you are in the playoffs, the magic were anything but
Old 15.04.2014, 08:48 PM
All Pro

So, as we now know who's in and who's out of the playoffs, I know there is one question you're all asking. Has Ste picked an NBA team yet? Well, thanks for asking, but the answer is not yet. Team by team, here we go:

Jazz

To be honest, I've practically abandoned Utah. Not because of the losing, I can live with that. But the Jazz have just been so dull! With such a funky name they don't wear the bright colours like they used to, and I'm not convinced the front office is very good. I still can't believe there was no trade of either or both of Millsap and Jefferson possible at the end if last year, and the current roster isn't overly inspiring though I do love Hayward. I also really rate Corbin as a coach.

I realise the Jazz are rebuilding and should have a high draft pick, but simply getting a great young player is unlikely to be enough, I think they need to be bolder and trade either Favors or Kanter, you can't play the 2 together. If they don't go bold, I'm giving up.

Bucks

Speaking of teams I'm almost ready to abandon, here's another one. Heaven knows what this front office was thinking but it's been brutal. This team is last years Kings. They need to get new ownership, a new direction and to commit to Milwaukee or I'm definitely out. Which is a shame. I do like some of the young guys they have though, some nice prospects and no doubt a big talent in the draft. But I fear the deer will find a way to screw it up.

Kings

Hope springs eternal for the Kings but it's been a weird season with all the changes. Rudy Gay has been excellent, I'm still a fan of DMC and there other reasons to be cheerful. Next year should be easier as things settle down, very much in the mix.

76ers

Speaking of teams in transition, oh my lord. This season has been a complete tank job, but there is a lot to be excited about. Will know more next year about whether I want to support them or not as the young core develops.

Celtics

Never ever thought a Boston team would have a chance of being the team is support. But I just can't let go. There's something about Rondo that I like, and although this is a big storied franchise which is exactly the type I always steer clear from, I want to know how this rebuild plays out. Plus, Olynk's hair is something else.

Trail Blazers

The only team that made the post season. This is your chance to win me over forever, Portland. Gotta say, I love the players on this team. Batum is a great player. Robin Lopez is fun. Aldridge so talented. Mo Williams a great 6th man. Paul Allen is a bit of a wildcard as owner though, he's been known to make rash changes, so I wonder what might happen in a year or two if the Blazers don't go deep in the playoffs this year or next. But with the playoffs lurking, they can really tug on my heart strings.
Old 15.04.2014, 08:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Also for the trail blazers you have Damian Lillard, and all star point guard who is 23 years old.
Old 15.04.2014, 09:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Sack Exchange View Post
Also for the trail blazers you have Damian Lillard, and all star point guard who is 23 years old.
Indeed. It's all gravy