Streak will not influence him, Favre says - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 10.09.2009, 02:30 PM
adamslin01

Default Streak will not influence him, Favre says

Remember Brett Favre's first answer to Vikings coach Brad Childress? My body isn't up for this, he said. Six weeks later, Minnesota's new quarterback wants to remind the football world just how old he is.

"I may not finish the year. If you would have asked me my first year if I would finish I'd have said, 'I may not,'" Favre said. "No one thought I'd play 18 straight years without missing a game, me included. I have no idea what's going to happen. None."

After his initial rejection on July 28, Favre accepted the coach's offer to join the Vikings on Aug. 18 for this too-good-to-pass-up opportunity to play for a title-contending team. His reasoning? He didn't want to regret not trying, not even at age 39.

Unless Favre visited some secret Mississippi version of the Fountain of Youth during that time, however, the health of one of the most durable athletes in history is still in question. Favre acknowledged as much Wednesday, the day a rocking chair appeared in front of his cubicle in the locker room courtesy of an unknown prankster.

"I feel good," Favre said, elaborating in his familiar wounded-warrior style. "I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not physically or mentally 100 percent. I don't know at 39 if I'd ever be 100 percent physically."

Last edited by PavlovsDog; 10.09.2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Banned member, trying to sell goods again.
Old 10.09.2009, 07:21 PM
Hall of Fame

also seems the Jets where telling porkies last year and falsfying the injury report, Favre should have been listed as probable for the last 5/6 games but didn't show up on the weekly injury report.
Old 10.09.2009, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
also seems the Jets where telling porkies last year and falsfying the injury report, Favre should have been listed as probable for the last 5/6 games but didn't show up on the weekly injury report.
Telling porkies on the injury report is something the Patriots certainly know something about!

Tom Brady was listed on the injury report in every game from the start of the 2005 season to the end of the 2007 season. He was always listed as probable... I think they claimed it was because of a shoulder he separated back in 2002 or something! Of course he played in all games during that period.

Ironically, the first game since 2005 that he was not on the injury report was last years opener vs Kansas City... and we all know what happened there.

Here's an article that was published this time last year prior to the opener.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...mes_to_an_end/
Old 10.09.2009, 08:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Not porkies though is it, he was probable, as long as there is a chance he wouldn't have made it, it goes on the sheet

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 10.09.2009, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Well I guess not... but consistantly probable for 3 seasons??!! ...I think it was just the Pats playing mind games!

I agree though the Jets really should have listed Favre on the injury sheet at the end of last season. Those injury reports certainly have to be taken with a pinch of salt!
Old 10.09.2009, 08:57 PM
Hall of Fame

I think it was because it was failry obvious that he wasn't fully fit.

As for the time period, think about it, it's fairly common practice to hear of players constantly on pain killers, if they are on pain killers, they are in pain.